Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Watch this and Feel bad!

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Probe, Mar 30, 2010.

1. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

2. AnarcoPunk43

AnarcoPunk43 Member Forum Member

Feb 13, 2010

this is realy good, and like i said before showing probe this video, it almost makes me vegetarian because its realy realy sad, it shows the reality and make us think : " do we realy need to do it with that animals that cant have a normal life ?" :/

3. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I've seen lots of films like this one, they are all aweful but this was one of the more brutal ones.

4. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I'm sorry, I've seen a lot of these already and have to say one simple thing: there is an alternative meat source. Period.
    The only problem is that meat 'massmanufacturers' now provide these services as well under their own 'animal well-being' label.
    However,as usual, the gov'ment does shit all about this false propaganda.
    Does this mean I will stop eating meat? Stop eating cheese? Stop wearing leather? Stop eating eggs?
    No, it doesn't.
    It simply means I'll be looking for reliable sources for my meat where I know that animal suffering is minimised, including in slaughter.
    As I've stated before I'd prefer hunting for my own food anyway, or raising my own means of animal food and materials.

5. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Humane slaughter, eh?

6. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Slaughter is never humane. Period.
    The only thing you CAN do it minimise the stress and damage to an animal beforehand.

7. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

So why do it at all?

8. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

My theories on that will sound wacky, far-fetched and looney, most likely *shrugs*
    Do you really want to know?

9. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, I'm interested. I'm wondering if it similar to how I thought before being vegetarian.

10. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Fine, I believe that reality is a mixture of energies oscillating at different wave lengths that allow us to experience it with different senses.
    Therefore a person can be attuned to different energies depending on how they oscillate, much like everything and everyone oscillates at a different wavelength. I feel attuned to energies of dead things and think it would be bad for me physically if I stopped eating meat.
    There told you it was wacky, far-fetched and looney, didn't I? :p

11. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

A little, I've heard weirder things though.
    The film was pretty brutal, i have seen other and they do reenforce what i believe to be right and the lifestyle i have, but this one was pretty intense. But because its because of videos like this that people can make more humane choices. I'm sure that video made someone change their mind about they ate.

12. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Wouldn't that be frequency rather than wavelength? Nah, not that similar, though I did believe there was some kind of spiritual essence in meat that you couldn't get anywhere else. Anyway, have you ever actually tried stopping?

13. Just_Say_Cunt

Just_Say_Cunt Member Forum Member

Mar 24, 2010

Totally off topic, but I have rocks in my room for energy purposes LOL!!!
    I've been called crazy millions of times so I was happy someone else said something about energies.
    I know, kind of looney too. :lmao:

14. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Physics was never my forte.
    And yes I've been off meat for a week or so, which turned me into a lethargic zombie that I couldn't recognise myself.

15. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, can take few months for body to get used to it.

16. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

You have rocks, i have crystals... Have meassured out where the curry crosses are in my appartment so that i don't spend too much time on them. And that's just parts of my wackiness. ;)

17. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Ive seen this one in a philosophy class i took
    it's pretty brutal some of my class mates got sick

it's a good video to show the wrong doings of industrialized meat

but once again don't trust PETA

18. Carcass

Carcass Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 12, 2009

What a load of shit. Nothing personal, Rathryn, but I'm tired of hearing people--typically dumb yuppies who will buy anything with enough "green" spin on it--regurgitate this asinine excuse. This idea that you can spend a few extra bucks for guilt free, "humane meat" from a happy farm full of happy animals is a goddamn nursery rhyme. Places like that don't exist and they never have. Animal husbandry means rape, castration, murder, child theft and confinement 100% of the time.

I think inventing a definitionally unverifiable system of spirituality that conveniently justifies your every whimsy is weaksauce. Cows don't give a fuck about your spiritual beliefs. Cows give a fuck about not being being kept perpetually pregnant by semen-injecting metal rods and having their calves subsequently thrown into veal crates, all so you can enjoy a glass of organic milk.

I was going to apologize for coming off so hostile but then I realized that I'm not sorry at all. :) What I will say is that I actually like a lot of what you post on these boards, I just happen to think you're completely full of shit on this point.

19. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Rathryn been meat free for 90 days and I feel great, lost about 12 pounds which is good. Still trying to find a balance with foods but I miss eating meat less and less and let me tell you I was one carnivorous motherfucker. Stopped drinking soda and moved to all fruit juice and I hope that helps me lose more weight. It might not be for you but then again you never know......

20. Probe

Probe Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 30, 2010

haha sounds like your having fun but me, well, i have a growing body and a growing body needs proteins...
    so maybe later :D ill drop meat from my diet.
    :lmao: