Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Vote & Elections

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by blackcat, Sep 10, 2009.

1. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Mainly, if you want to call the last 40 years of UK politics 'one single event', though observation of politics abroad would seem to confirm it, and I never said it was evil - it's a waste of time at best, a con trick if you want.

2. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Mainly, if you want to call the last 40 years of UK politics 'one single event', though observation of politics abroad would seem to confirm it, and I never said it was evil - it's a waste of time at best, a con trick if you want.[/quote]
    In that case I half agree with you. Politicians are full of shit... period. But quite frankly I'll take the normal shit over the runny kind. The lesser of two evils, if you will. Still evil? Yes, but less evil.
    Furthermore I'd like to note that I can't see into the future and work with the information given to me at the time of voting, if afterwards the politicians stray from the path they seem to have set out for themselves, it is by no fault of mine

3. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

germs stop ignoring anything i say(thats authority which usually doesn't know whats its talking about and you don't appear to be anarchist at all, so bugger off then), i even used sentences and rathryn Iva was using an 'analogy' :D

4. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

There's nothing theoretical about it.. It's simply the inevitable logical conclusion. There's no other way to see it.

I'm not going to go deep into the minutiae of english politics. Frankly, it makes no difference. I never said anything about supporting any political party, by any meaningful definition of the word. It isn't a zero-sum game. I accept, and start from the presumption that the state is largely an illegitimate institution. I also said, several times, that voting does not, and should not, replace other forms of social change, like protests, sit-ins, strikes, etc. I'm just saying if you care, you act. That includes all of the above, including voting. Otherwise, you're just being inconsistant.

5. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

u ignored me again, didn't u say u vote in primaries, is this a general rule?, stop being pedantic with others, when you vote, stop muddling the issue by dismissing others, very snobbish, go listen to the germs and defend the sp's on a major/not major, mr major, the record player appears to be stuck.

6. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

The logical conclusion: Politicians are self serving career minded nutters that only care about themselves, and who have access to immense power, including the mass media. They can say anything they want, and deny it the next day, and most people will not even notice, or care, because the media is used to dumb them down and brainwash them. If, by some chance, they should take some action that you do agree with, this is just by accident, not by design. They say what they think you want to hear, and do what they want to do, an there is no connection between the two. To vote for your candidate of choice makes as much sense as just picking one at random. The are all the same, and none of them are real. All you ever see is the same manufactured image, with a different face pasted on top. An act of caring? Maybe you have a different definition for the word 'care', but whatever, it aint gonna make much difference to anyone but you, so go ahead, keep on voting if it makes you feel good.

7. Jimmy DeLocke

Jimmy DeLocke Member Forum Member

Dec 5, 2009

I can't believe I'm on anarcho-punk and people are trying to tell others to fucking vote. What the fuck? I can't even add any legitimacy to this ridiculous thread by commenting about how fucking stupid that is. I'm with Ivanovich. So tempted to argue but there's just no way.

8. Ivanovich

Jan 31, 2010

Fuck it, Jimmy, ya so right, I aint gonna waste more time on this.

9. NGNM85

Sep 8, 2009

Translation: "I don't have anything intelligent to say."

10. NGNM85

Sep 8, 2009

Most of this I actually agree with, although I wouldn't say it like that.

Here's where you go off the rails. Again, I'm starting from the presumption that the state is largely an illegitimate institution, I concede that. I'm also not promoting any politicians or political parties; I dislike virtually all of them to varying degrees.
    That said, there IS most definitely a difference. If you can't comprehend that there is a difference between Al Gore and George Bush I don't know what I can do for you. I concede both serve the interests of the elites, but there are significant differences. We can only imagine, but I think we can be fairly positive that if a few more people had turned out in 2000, the world would be drastically different, and, most likely, at least a few hundred thousand more people would be alive. I think that matters. Maybe I'm alone. Even if the difference was much smaller, it still matters. Or, for example, voting to decriminalize marijuana; I personally favor legalization, but at that moment I got to make a choice that would prevent a significant number of people from going to jail for a victimless crime. I'm not arguing that it's a choice of lesser evils, but if you care about people, you make the choice. There's no other way to see it.

11. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

what you don't understand is it doesn't matter as the system not the individual is at fault, only vote like this when people like bush act like facists unlesss ya aim take over the block, hardly

12. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    like the corosion of conformity song... vote with a bullet...

4 members have read this thread this month

1. PUMA
  2. Nightbreed
  3. Charger Bullet
  4. Starfighter