Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Video Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anxiety69, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I wish i wasn't judged by everyone i know about me playing video games. If i play video games for more than 1 hour, i am the evil incarne of the devil to my peers. Even if they recognize that i have a job and about 98 percent of that money goes to bills or something for THEM (they who judge me). What the fuck? :( :@

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

why is this in political debates

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Lucky, i wish i could afford to upgrade my computer, but i'm at the mercy of old games for now.

Have you ever played Gothic? (or it's sequels?) It is a hell of a lot of fun, Not quite open ended, but gives you the feeling that is , as you can make choices and choose which factions to join or fight against.)

The premise is that it's a fanatsy world, where prisoners are sent to this place with a barrier over it that keeps them from leaving, and all the guards have been killed, so it's a world run by the prisoners (the outside world needs their ore production to survive.) People can be sent in, but not out, and no one knows how to shut it down, so basicly the kingdom has a treaty / agreement with the prison camp. There are also orcs, trolls, and all kinds of other creatures under the barrier. Of course the character you play wants nothing more then to get out...

4. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

It sounds familiar but I haven't played it. It sounds like a pretty fun game.

5. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Hahaha, haven't been on for a while. Thank you guys for all the good suggestions. :thumbsup:

6. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

For the old school gamers might I also recommend sites like abandonia.com
    Simply download DosBOX to run old dosgames, you can get it from their site for free, which I found through Google. Instructions on how to run DosBOX are also on the site and then load games you downloaded (from for instance abandonia.com).
    I found some nice adventures on there :)

7. Cocytus

Cocytus Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2009

The next 3 months are going to be insane for games.

8. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I let my 9 year old little sister play GTA IV so when she grows up she knows how to deal with cops :lmao:

9. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

anyone play diablo 2?

10. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Used to, now I have a crappy comp that won't let me play most games... lol

11. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

I love GTA IV. In the almost two years I've had the game, I've never picked up a hooker. o_O And I rarely run over people. I mostly like to explore. And get drunk in the bars. :lmao: To me, going on mindless rampages really doesn't fit the character of Niko.

12. Rathryn

Oct 21, 2009

Mindless rampages is the only thing I'm capable of in that game.... I'm not used to consoles and my friend has it for his Xbox 360, so yeah... mindless rampage all the way :lmao:

13. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Im still waiting for you bitches to show me what you have on live...

14. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I'm presently reveling in beating Half-Life 2. Great fucking game.

15. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

why is this in polcitcal debates? um show some respect by not ignoring me whoever is moding at this time, thanking you

16. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    if you read my initial post, you'll see i was hoping to get some political discussions on video games, and there has been some. Lighten up, this is not a dictatorship, and i don't see a problem with things getting off topic once in a while. Why do u have to complain about everything?

17. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Just beat Borderlands. Pretty good game but the ending was totally anticlimactic.

18. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Just beat the new Call Of Duty. I thinks it had the best FPS campaign I've ever played. If not the best then within the top 3.

19. Rabbit

Rabbit Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 26, 2009

I just picked up this game Red Faction-Guerrilla for twenty bucks. It's pretty sweet. You play as an anti-government guerrilla and you get to demolish stuff with a sledgehammer/explosives. Definitely recommend it, especially if you liked Mercenaries

20. ASA

Nov 2, 2009

i'm not complaining anxious, i asked a question, i'm doing it right and should be moved if the poli discussion was started by me essentially but turned into a consumer one which is off the topic of anarchism as it were, which is why it should be moved, perception jackson, its not ok