Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Video Games

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Anxiety69, Dec 8, 2009.

1. Sti

Sti Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 26, 2011

they think war is cool because they are induced into believing its an alright thought, its a product of the lost leading the lost.

2. Sti

Sti Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 26, 2011

i forgot to mention desensitization and the capitalist mindset.

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    I realize this thread's just about hit a dead end but anyway, here are a couple driving games which I thought were pretty damn good:
    Grid
    Dirt
    Dirt2
    Need for speed:Shift

4. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Went and bought myself BIOSHOCK yesterday (converted to us dollars probably around 3,20-). I'm really enjoying it & graphically it's even better than BIOSHOCK 2!

5. XxInGrindWeCrustxX

XxInGrindWeCrustxX Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 2, 2012

I was listening to Doom on my Xbox while I played Call of Duty and I started chuckling because I started thinking of the Starburst commercial with all the walking contradictions. I'm such a fucking hypocrite :/

6. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

I just got dungeon keeper 2 again and i can`t play it on my laptop. first world problems eh.

i also love quake(2) and i got a gameboy color not too long ago, traded it with a friend.
    =no leaving the house for two weeks.

7. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    I've never played dungeon keeper but I've started playing this game called Overlord which is really fun.
    You play the roll of this major demon and throughout the game you get more & more minions to follow you and command. You command them to raid villages and homes and you can choose to be "good" or evil and kill the villagers for more life force to harvest and you can cast various spells and so on.

8. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha overlord is basically the exact same game as dungeon keeper. except maybe the graphics are better in overlord, and you can`t choose if you want to be evil or good.
    its the same deal, only its in an underground world. you have a bunch of evil minions, you make them mine for gold and stuff. also you can slap them to death, which is more fun than it should be.

9. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    HAhahaha I love the little grunts & noises these critters make among themselves. Although they get somewhat repetitive.
    BTW I'm so tempted to become evil.

10. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha, i know the feeling. thats when my inner fascist dictator comes out and slaps them to death before they can form unions. little bastards.

11. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    You have an inner fascist dictator in you? I knew there was some evil within you. Welcome to the dark side. The best part about it is that you can kill all the innocent citizens muwhahahaha.

12. nclpw

May 25, 2012

YES. Like trapping your sims in enclosed rooms just to watch them die. I used to love doing that when I was a kid.

13. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Hahaha, I used to have these action men when I was a kid and when I was bored playing with them I'd tear their arms and legs off and burn their faces off and drive nails into them and shit. I was a very destructive child, I broke all my toys after a while haha.

14. nclpw

May 25, 2012

haha! aw, me too. destroyed all my sisters dolls, she still hates me for that.

15. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    That's so punk! \m/ :beer: ;)

16. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

This thread reminds me of an article I read about a year ago about how the US Army has had to completely revamp its training regiment and make it harder because so many of their recruits nowadays are just kids who play video games and thought it'd be cool to join. Like it was saying that drill sergeants have just started hitting people to toughen them up because most of them haven't ever been in a real fight.

I've been playing old games for dosbox lately. Was playing original XCOM (1994) for a while but that game seriously punches through your eyes and fucks your soul. Most intense game I've ever played. Also occasionally play Skyrim and have Perfect Dark relapses.

I enjoy video games but feel uncomfortably sedated when I play them too much and this I do not like. :ecouteurs:

17. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    The thing is though that the army has developed its own video games in order to recruit its soldiers (and I mean recruit, not train). These are obviously designed to be a bit more "realistic" than your average first-person shooter but still attract kids from the same gaming background with the same kind of mentality, who think that it'd be cool to join the army.
    I guess once Obama gets his drone program into full swing it'll be just like playing a video game and they won't even need to toughen them up anymore either. They can just relax and have fun killing real people :/

18. Spike one of many

Aug 14, 2012
    Aw, but I sure hope she can forgive you for that one day though :lmao: . How old is your sister?

19. nclpw

May 25, 2012

oh yeah, i read an article a while ago about kids wanting to join the army because they`d like to know how it is to kill. the people interviewed were soldiers. i remember someone blowing it off by saying "they`re soldiers, thats how they`re supposed to be". what a load of crap.
    haha uh, i`m really not good at keeping track on my siblings ages, but i think shes 27. Or 26, or 28. Around there somewhere.

20. LaLucha

LaLucha Active Member Forum Member

Jan 2, 2013

Sold my PS3 about a month ago because of lack of use the past year, so I've been relying on Steam for gaming. Not really big into gaming but when I find a fun game I get sucked in hard. I played Mount & Blade: Warband the Napoleonic mod for a long-ass time. I have 149 hours logged into it, but I stopped playing a couple months ago. My new favorite is Counter Strike GO. I wish it was spring or summer so I could go out and skate, though.