Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

VEX - Sanctuary

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by Anxiety69, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States

RECORD INFORMATION

Sanctuary
    Release Date : 1984
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

VEX Biography

Anarcho punk band, hailed from London, United Kingdom. Soundwise the band was more inspired by Killing Joke or UK Decay than by most other anarchopunk bands like CRASS or Conflict for instance.
    ---

There are ten artists by the name of Vex.

1) Vex hailed from South East London / north west kent area and formed in the very early eighties, the 'Sanctuary' 12" and 'It's no crime' on the Mortarhate compalation 'Who?What?Why?When?Where?' were their only releases.
    Sanctuary was issued on Fight Back, a sublabel of Mortarhate, run by the people of Conflict. Vex also played gigs with Conflict, so they were more associated with the anarchist punk scene than the Batcave fair. But contrary to most anarcho-punk bands from that time, they were not influenced by CRASS or Conflict. Soundwise, the band was more inspired by Killing Joke or UK Decay.

Singer Richard Zsigo (known at that time as Scrote) went on to form the band Triumvirate, then travelled for a few years between Glastonbury (UK) and Sedona (U.S. Arizona) performing Celtic folk tales and known as Yanu, a name he uses to this day. Living near Glastonbury, his current project is a blues two-piece called HollowBone.

2) An Up-and-coming Grime artist hailing from South East London, Forest Hill. Known for his hit track "Cheese On Cheese" which he performed with fellow Grime rapper John Wayne.

3) A political Houston punk band from the early 1980s. Members include lead singer Mike May, and bassist Bob Bitter.

4) Vex is also the name of a minimalist composer localized in Southern Colorado.

5) A Texas-based death/thrash metal band influenced heavily by 70's progressive rock acts.

6) VEX is a Hardcore Punk band from Spokane, WA and Lewiston, ID featuring ex memebers of wound up and current members of whalelimb and Losing Skin. shitheads.

7) Grindcore band from the Philippines

8) A Belgian black metal band. They have released their self-titled debut Vex in 2011.

9) Vex is the alternative name used by Welsh reality tv star turned rapper Leeroy Reed

10) Vex is a hungarian female punk band.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Fight Back Records

Fight Back was a sub-label of Mortarhate Records, active from 1984-1987.
    There were only nine releases on Fight Back, catalogued FIGHT 1 - FIGHT 9.

Mortarhate Records and their distributor, Jungle Records, both list the Fight Back releases with Mortarhate (MORT) catalogue numbers in their discographies, but the MORT catalogue numbers are for internal use only.
    No Fight Back Records release was released with a MORT catalogue number.

Quote from Jungle Records:
    "Mortarhate catalogue numbers are sometimes given for internal purposes to other projects such as the Fight Back label, publications, and overseas releases."
    Read More...
  2. freakypete

freakypete Member New Member

Nov 26, 2009

Wicked I often think of dear auld scrote and wonder what happened to him.Hope he's still making a noise excellent been searching for traces of this forever but to no avail until now.I LOVE YOU but I don't think the neighbours do enjoy punk Ah well eh .If I have to listen to Queen blagh then all's fair in the grand fair.Loves n all heart "Now look what they've done eh!! PEOPLE FOR PEOPLE NOT BOMBS NOT PROFIT NOT FUCKING ROCKETS.Anarchy n Love Freaky Pete xxx.Anyone want a crap guitarist in the Southend on Sea area e-mail me at  elpedro13@hotmail.co.uk  want to play again fucked off withe the state of it all hurry I want to make more noise xxx

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    My neighbors are forced to hear the music i post on this site >:)