Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Veganism

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by A Better World, Mar 28, 2010.

1. Rosetta Stoned2

Rosetta Stoned2 Active Member Forum Member

Aug 16, 2011

Vegan food such as vegan sausages, chicken nuggets and hot dogs are total and utter shit!
    I dated this girl who was vegetarian and she would always buy vegan corn dogs and she made me eat it and was like Isn't it good?
    I told her tasted like shit. ewwwwwey if I was vegetarian or vegan I would just stick to vegetables and stuff like that.
    also, she was so anti eating living stuff that she constantly wished plants weren't alive.
    But she's long gone ;)

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

I think its a matter of getting used to it, although I actually liked it from the start. We've probably tasted different stuff though, I've never even had a corndog.

If its difficult to find vegan hotdogs or burgers and stuff like that you could go for beans(or chickpeas and lentils and stuff like that), and mushrooms are a good meat substitute too. Or you could try diy falafels. Unless the fact that plants breathe is a problem for you, of course. In that case I suggest you sit under an apple tree and wait for something to fall down.
    I don't buy much soy products myself, they're really expensive here. I can't remember the last time I had a soy hotdog, but I know the canned ones taste like dogfood. The vegan jerky shit is awful too, and I don't really want to spend 10$ on one dried stick of.. whatever it is.

Most of the vegan recipes you find on the web are overly complicated and a hassle to make, I usually just cut out the ingredients I don't have, that works too. Like with the vegan pancakes I mentioned in that other thread(http://www.theppk.com/2011/12/puffy-pillow-pancakes/) I make them without vinegar/apple cider, flax seeds and just throw in whatever oil I have at hand. They turn out just fine!

3. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    Most animals will not attack unless they are provoced...and my opinion is if animal attacks human,he deserved it.It s OK for humans to kill animals,but animals can t kill humans because we re superior and more intelligent beings..fuck that...i m sick of people with that kind of attitude.Big MAN,big M.A.N.,big MAN,big M.A.N what a joke

4. IamMe

IamMe Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2012
     United Kingdom
    Most animals will not attack unless they are provoced...and my opinion is if animal attacks human,he deserved it.It s OK for humans to kill animals,but animals can t kill humans because we re superior and more intelligent beings..fuck that...i m sick of people with that kind of attitude.Big MAN,big M.A.N.,big MAN,big M.A.N what a joke[/quote]

i completly agree with you mate who the fuck are we to kill billions of animals for fat fucking bastards to become more fat, we dont need meat in our diets it just makes us fat and dumb(did you know over eating meat can cause a person to become MAD). i aint vegan but i am vegeterian and hate the thought of eating a nother living things FLESH like a zombie. \m/

5. mrNILEpat

mrNILEpat Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 27, 2012

I didnt really want to read through all the pages of this thread, so i dont know if this has already been said. but, dont you think it is somewhat a little impractical for everyone to go vegan? Im sure theres some disease or something out there that people have that requires them to have a very high amount of protein or something like that and they cant just get it out of eating nuts and beans all day :/. im vegetarian and i dont believe in animal cruelty, but i think it is somewhat nessessary to eat or take something from the animal only if you need to to survive. and usually, you can survive by not killing an animal for necessity. you can survive with plants or nuts or whatever. but in some situations, you could die if you dont kill an animal and eat it. so i think were i stand is that i am against animal cruelty, only and only if it is for necessary survival will i kill to live. but any other time it is not necessary. and of course now a days its all out of convenience. it is definitely not necessary to kill and eat an animal to stay alive now a days. everyone just does it cause its normal and shit. and its convenient for them because it tastes good, its at a low price, and it is constantly being thrown in your face to television and ads and magazines everywhere. so ya, DOWN WITH THE FACTORY FARM!!! \m/

6. cheyannepiacenza

cheyannepiacenza Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 1, 2011

the difference i feel is survival. for instance i, who lives in city, has no excuse to kill animal for food because i can dumpster the meat/food, where as in if living "off the grid" or off the land, it would be acceptable (to me) to kill an animal for it's meat, it's skin, it's fur, etc. i also don't think veganism is black and white, like anything it's a process; growth. in todays world, most of us live where it's not a necessity to kill an animal for food, it then breaks down to commodity and access. we've been stripped of the sanctity of raising and killing our own food, that is where veganism makes sense. it's a strike against factory farms and the industry, not the act of killing said animals; (again this is all my opinion and how i try to look at things) because those animals only exist for once reason, and that is food in mass production. the animal would never die if the factory didn't exist. it also mixes in with environmentalism, where these factories poison the land, water, and air. the same can also be said for soy farms, and then it breaks down again into this debate, and in the end, we have this umbrella of everything involving food and society and the end result and conclusion should be, FUCK BUYING FOOD. dumpster, start a garden, get some chickens, set up a 501c3 and get food donated, go to yer local food bank or church, get involved with yer local food not bombs chapter or start one..or steal that shit! whether you consider yerself an omnivore, a carnivore, or whatever it all breaks down to the food industry sucks and this bullshit about organic health food stores and the expense of them, or walmart meat department's low cost, doesn't matter in the whole. it's all connected and it's all the same once it boils down. don't buy food because it's all shit.

7. mrNILEpat

mrNILEpat Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 27, 2012

I pretty much aggree with all of what you said. :D I think the best idea is to grow your own shit. That's what I want to start doing. Like a garden or something.