Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

UK82

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trevor9849, Sep 12, 2010.

1. Malignance_is_bliss

Malignance_is_bliss Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Jun 10, 2010

thanks! I'll check them out asap.

I don't think they're still together, and I have not seen any sources to suggest that he does indeed have yakuza ties, or regarding his mental stability.
    globaldarkness.com has a lot of info on them if you're interested. :ecouteurs:

2. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

No, G.I.S.M hasn't been around for over a decade, Sakevi has done some solo stuff as well as artwork for other punk bands. And yes he has ties to the Yakuza, most Japanese Punks are involved in organised crime or menial jobs as theres still a lot of prejudice towards tattoos and alternative sub cultures in Japan.

3. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

hmm thats kinda funny considering that tattoos go way back thousands of years in Japanese traditions. But it makes sense since Yakuzas traditionally had tattoos and even full body Tebori tattoos.

4. sick_nick

sick_nick Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2011

I know this is kinda off topic but I never realized how much power the Yukazu have in Japan. Ya know how the mafia is very secret with their deals with infrastructure, Yakuza is very open about their activities. They even have several of their own high rise buildings and and quarters, sorta like their own government/corp.

The Japanese government just sorta looks the other way.

5. Stigma1984

Stigma1984 Member Forum Member

Dec 19, 2010

I've always been most interested in anarcho bands but I do like bands from most punk genres and do like a handful of UK82 bands. For me Picture Frame Seduction were the best of the bunch (I have to admit a prejudice here as the bass player Steve is a mate of mine and my best mates brother Kevin was an ex-bass player back in the early eighties). They are a good bunch of lads and sorted myself and my missus out with back stage passes for Rebellion in Blackpool last year (this was really useful for the access to cheap beer in the backstage bar as the venue charges a fortune at the bar!!). Check out 'Autumn Rain' and 'Disaffected' on the CD 'Sex War' (dodgy title I know but not as bad as 'Sex and Violence'!!!). I did like The Exploited when I was first getting into punk because the first LP I bought by them was 'Lets Start A War' which was very similar to what alot of the anarcho bands were doing musically and visually but there were always some dodgy songs on their other LP's. 'Troops of Tomorrow' was a good LP though and did feature the classic 'Fuck the USA'.

6. sick_nick

Feb 14, 2011

I myself own Troops of Tomorrow, and I don't give a fuck about what anyone says I like it. Not a huge Exploited fan, but my favorite song by them would be "Alternative".

7. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Being from London, I thought the pints were quite reasonable!

Each to their own but I've never enjoyed The Exploited. Always found them pretty stupid. I've only ever owned or really listened to their first albums and Troops of Tomorrow. I know they're mostly hated on this site but I couldn't understand their wider popularity in punk circles. Discharge are countless times better.

8. sick_nick

Feb 14, 2011

Oh man I'll never forget hearing the album See Nothing Say Nothing in 04. Even after all those years it had been out it still blew me away.

Discharge > Exploited

Btw, anyone ever heard any of Discharge's metal stuff like "Grave New World"? Hard to believe they turned into that, but I think most of them had left by then right? I think Cal was the only original in that lineup.

9. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Vinnie the singer in Diatribe told me they got booed and run off the stage here on that tour, I skipped that show...

10. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

I actually have an interview with the tour manager when they toured after that release. Pretty funny story too.
    WOOOO 500th post.

11. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

argh does anyone have any of those albums?
    like warwound/skroteez/uproar?

12. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

What the fuck? 'flipping bollox'?? Where the fuck you from? Yeah, I grew up with this shit. I be 50 next week.

13. crustybeckham

crustybeckham Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2012

Uproar's album and Ep's have actually been reissued on cd so it is not too difficult to find. A Skroteez reissue is quite unlikely though. Warwound never released any album. They had two demos (83 and 84). I heard that demo tapes was planning to rerelease them as they have done with Passion Killers, Violent Uprising or the Mentals. There's a very comprehensive blog called "Slaughter of innocents" where you can find these bands' discographies (well you used to be able to, but mediafire hasn't been exactly been working smoothly lately).

Otherwise I have 'em on soulseek. ;)

14. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Oh yeah, I found Uproar and Warwound, it just took me a while. I`ll give soulseek another shot then!

15. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Oh never mind, I found everything I wanted.

16. morethanfights

morethanfights Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 10, 2012

i loooveee uk 82

17. Charger Bullet

Charger Bullet Experienced Member Experienced member

Feb 9, 2018
    Male
    Texas, United States  United States
    I get that this is an old thread but I'll respond anyway.

The whole "UK82" label is stupid (along with all the other moronic labels people in the early 2000's created to differentiate between bands and scenes). Those bands that some want to retroactively re-label as "UK82" are just Punk. Nobody called it that back then, especially the bands themselves.

Even the name makes no sense. It was taken from The Exploited's song on the Troops of Tomorrow album from 1982, but they, and tons of other bands, had already been playing their style of Punk for years prior. I think it was some British journalist that first used it to differentiate it from the "77 Punk".

Truth of the matter is that those bands listed under this "genre" are so close to bands of that other "genre" that it makes it all silly to reclassify them as something different. Of course some bands sound a little different from another group but that is what Punk originally was: being original and doing what you wanted.