Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

UK Anti-cuts rally

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by butcher, Mar 26, 2011.

1. Warfiend

Warfiend Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 11, 2011

Some good stuff has come out of this march. None more so than the so-called 'violence' which shows a step in the right direction for the UK anarchist scene. But also the wider discussion regarding 'violent' and 'non-violent' protest. A lot of the 'peaceful' protesters have been slower than before in condeming the violence which is something that is almost signature of the British protest movement. The media has been having a field day with the black bloc and have been scrambling to find out more about them and getting interviews with members, which has put black bloc/anarchist/anti-capitalist ideas out in the wider public eye (with little to no scrutiny).

I'm hoping that this isn't the last we see of the 'violent minority'. In a time of economic crisis more and more people are starting to become angry and resentful towards the government and it's important that they direct their anger in a positive way (i.e. attacking capital). I think we will start to see larger and more active black blocs in future demonstrations in the UK, what with the Royal Wedding and May Day just around the corner, there is no shortage of events for us to 'hijack'! ;)

2. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

a violent majority would be better ;)

3. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

oh noes, turns out all the violence was, once again, the work of those evil 40 kiwis:
    Black Bloc's violent protests add to security woes