Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Tunisian President Quits after Violent Protest!

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Carlos, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    "People all over the world, join the <3 LOV(E) TR(A)IN! <3 "

3. Random Person From There

Random Person From There Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 27, 2010

They're replacing one type of cancer with another, which will be repeated after 10 years. They're demanding that an individual steps down, not abolishing the state or the MILITARY which has killed MANY of those protesters. They're dipshits. This is the reason why I sometimes think there needs to be a Vanguard if there's a lack of intelligence/education/Leftist ideology within the public. They'll just ramble and replace the current system with another form that they'll eventually get sick of and rinse and repeat. The negative aspect of such a case is that the public would shut the fuck up for multiple years hoping that the rulers will actually do something, waiting in patience leaving no place for another revolution in a long time.

4. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    it's so fucking funny, Sarkozy and Obama keeps saying on the TV that they support the revolt of tunisian people against Ben Ali, but those fucking hypocrite bastards repeadly expressed their support for Ben ali in the past two years AND they kept collaborating with Ben Ali dictatorship. I have articles proving it, but it's in french, i'll try to find an english version.

It's finally about fucking time that the tunisian people revolt against 23 years of dictatorship. The boyfriend of my mother is a tunisian immigrant, so i'm very aware of whats happenning over there.

I wonder if all those people would still support the people if they made a revolution against an occidental president and forced him to leave the country....

5. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

I don't see it that black, at least they did something, I agree it wasn't enough and Fouad Mebazaâ will most likely be the next foul egg in the nest - but it was a beginning after 23 years. Too bad for us, a number of exiled tunesians from our area already plan to return to Tunis and according to them, many others from all across europe will be returning too to defend the little progress and maybe start something of a movement with more serious aims. Good luck to them!

6. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Tunisians did a really good job with their revolt... general strike, riots everywhere, they didn't fear the army nor the police nor ben ali's militias, they kept fighting even after a hundred death.... I just hope now they will organize through syndicates to prevent another asshole like Ben Ali ruling a dictatorship

Now the militaries took the power and then the prime minister said he will replace Ben Ali.... I wonder what's going to happen, this man have been serving Ben Ali for the past 13 years or so... i hope he's better than him...

Ben Ali was refused exile in France and Quatar, now he's in Dubai

7. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

good sacue of infoz here:
    libcom.org/news/protests-spread-tunisia-12012011
    and according to this sauce the military are still going strong...

Isn't it amusing that the US jump up and down about getting rid of Arab dictators, and when that actually happens they say nothing (because it was the wrong dictator, one the US backed!). The wonders of empire...