Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Transexualism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by AnarchoFem, May 8, 2010.

1. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Glad it was of any help :)
    Since i am not transgender i can not give the best answer to that tho, i think. What i would think tho, if i get to specualte a little, is that it again is very individual. I mean, how can we describe to a transgender person what it feels like to not be transgender? I think it would be very different answers to that depending on the person as well and i would probably not describe it the exact way you would. I realise that might sound a bit stupid but i don't mean that, i just think it's often easy to generalise what we are not so familiar with and it's difficult to see it from the other side some times.

2. AnarchoFem

AnarchoFem Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 15, 2010

I agree completely. It's very easy to look at a situation and evaluate it (often incorrectly) and judge when you yourself are not part of it.

3. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

If anybody wants info on any Radical Trans based stuff go to bashbacknews.wordpress.com or Queers Without Borders.

But back to the topic; I know heaps of Trans people who wont go through with what is best known as "bottom surgery" because they may not want to conform to some cis-gendered (non-Trans) binary system of gender identity. Some will go through with the surgery but that is their decision and people need to get the fuck over themselves.

There is a reason there is a concept of "stealth" in the Trans community and what's best known as "Tranny Rage" which a hypervigilance that comes from being targeted all the time.

4. Mandi

Mandi Active Member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

just to add so random general opinions/info, Im not sure if anyone said yet since i got dizzy reading this whole thread but transgender has to do with not associating with the body that you have. Meaning that your anatomy is female but it doesnt fit with how you view yourself, you dont associate yourself with the body you are in, also it causes trouble in the sexual field since you want to be the pitcher not the catcher. Second Transexual is post-operation, where-as transgender is identifying more strongly with the other gender but not necessarily having the operation. Finally, in one culture, I believe it is Taiwan but I cant remember for sure, there are five different recognized genders and two different recognized sexs, to allow for a more comprehensive explination of gender identity.