Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Top o' the evenin' to ye lads and ladettes

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by skabiez, Nov 5, 2009.

1. skabiez

skabiezActive Member Forum Member

Nov 5, 2009

Oi oi.

I'm Antonio, and I'm from South Africa.
    (Wouldn't be surprised if I was the only South African here)

Been into punk for about 6 years, but I only recently ventured into the anarcho side about 2 years ago. I've decided that I wanna make a fuckin' difference and change the shit I see around me. My country is relatively fucked compared to others, although it is coming along. People are just generally pessimistic, and pessimism got fuck all changed.

I'm into some pretty timid sounding style anarcho. Crass, Dead Kennedys, A//Political, etc...
    But I'm always up for being turned on to a new sound. I've started listening to some Crust and D-Beat too. That shit's rad. Gimme some recommendations, I'm stoked to hear some new stuff.

Political views?
    Anarcho-Pacifism.

I play guitar in my spare time, drink beer, and all that kinda shit.

That's me in a nutshell.
    Long-live the underground.

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisasterExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

My friends father is from cape town.
    Good to have you here!

3. theoldpunk

theoldpunkExperienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 19, 2009

Hi there

I don't know if you've heard of Zabalaza, but they could be a good place for you to make contacts in SA:

http://www.zabalaza.net/

They're class struggle anarchists who are more likely to see pacifism (as well as violence) as a tool rather than a political position. But you'll almost certainly find common ground :)

I managed to miss a talk by comrades from Zabalaza in my local infoshop (Kebele, Bristol, UK) a couple of weeks ago, but I hear it was good. I hope to get an mp3 of it sometime.

Changing the shit you see around you is always the best starting point! You may not be able to go any further than that personally but the effects you cause will. Stay positive and good luck.

4. skabiez

Nov 5, 2009

Sweet ass, I've never heard of Zabalaza. Thanks for the heads up man! I'll check 'em out for sure.
    :D

5. oneleggedpunk

oneleggedpunkExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 4, 2009

Alright Antonio, have you tried any Discharge, Disclose, Wolfbrigade, Anti Cimex, Driller Killer also check out one of the other introductions(the g'day one i think) and try Googling any of the labels listed and that should give you a shitload of stuff to check out. hope thats of some help see you around the forum.

6. Anxiety69

Anxiety69Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male, 43 years old
    Long Beach CA United States
    Well how fortunate for you that there is a ton of great music ever expanding available for download here!

-the anxietist

7. skabiez

Nov 5, 2009

Got a lot of Discharge, and Disclose. In fact, I have at least five bands with the "Dis" prefix in the name haha.
    I like Wolfbrigade a lot, but you gotta admit, their songs do sound the same :/

Shall do :)

8. n0iseterrorist

n0iseterroristExperienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 5, 2009

Welcome!

If youre getting into d-beat and crust Warvictims, Doom, Martyrdod, Warcollapse, Kegcharge, Skeleton or just about anything that starts with "Dis", all available for free on this site