Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

todays's new old guy

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Dave Samsara, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Dave Samsara

Dave Samsara Active Member Forum Member

Nov 17, 2012
     United Kingdom
    Hails!

My contribution to this site will be filling in as many musical gaps as I can find – once I’ve sussed out how to upload stuff….. Starting with Atavistic and Lip Cream just to name the first of many!!!

I got into punk, crust and HC when I was mid teens in the mid eighties, but also got into some of the edgier metal shit that was happening – for example some of the Scandinavian black metal like Mayhem and Burzum…. and also some of the old school space and kraut rock like Neu, Faust, UA era Hawkwind etc. I’m still pretty eclectic in my tastes, but give me some old school crust or hardcore anyday.

Politically/socially I have been involved with hunt sabbing and other animal rights demos/action, but to my shame in terms of politics I have always been more of an armchair anarchist than an active revolutionary… except some London May Day Action!!! I remain a strict vegetarian to this day when all my old old punk-as-fuck vegan-police mates fell off the wagon decades ago…

I know it’s not openly accepted amongst many Anarchists, but I am a dedicated Buddhist. I won’t go into it here, as it’s not part of the Anarcho-Punk.net ethos, but if anyone wants to chew the fat on this, I’m more than happy to. His radical path cuts to the heart of much of Anarchist philosophy.

I’m a father of four, work in mental health, and physically starting to feel the effects of my age! Ouch!

Long live Anarcho-Punk.net, what an awesome resource and community!

Love and peace to you all.

2. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    Welcome Dave Samsara

MMM hey do you anything about "Anarcho Taoists" i heard some anarchist name drop that on a radio show and i've been trying to find some info on if anyone calls themselves an Anarch@ Taoist...

But anyway welcome to this hear space in the world :ecouteurs:

3. Dave Samsara

Nov 17, 2012
     United Kingdom
    Not come accross this.. sounds interesting. Chan buddhism mixes plenty of taoism into the mix, its all good. i'd be interested in hearing more about this if you find out more.... and of course there's DharmaPunx who mix punk and buddhism.

4. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Welcome to APN Dave..several Buddhists in my immediate family and we still love each other :ecouteurs:

5. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
  6. Epidemic

Epidemic Member Forum Member

Nov 15, 2012

Hi! I'm new too!

Glad to see that there is a diversity of people here.

7. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    haha, I think everyone here is pretty much unique. ;) (in a good way)
    [​IMG]

8. Dave Samsara

Nov 17, 2012
     United Kingdom
    Thats an interesting read. Certainly Taoism is pretty congruent with Anarchist principles - it could be argued to be much purer in fact because it doesn't hold to any dogma, and is therefore more free.
    The piece on Budhism rightly points out the institutionalised nature of much of modern (and traditional) buddhism which often contradicts the buddhas original teaching. But it's pretty accurate overall regarding the dismissal of worldly authority in regards searching for and the realisation of ultimate freedom. Buddhism sees the craving and covetousness of material posessions, authority and power as being uinskillful and a shortcut to suffering - both for self and other.
    So, yes, I would certainly sugest Buddhism can be seen through Anarchist eyes (I do!), but perhaps not as clearly and simply stated as Taoism.