Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Tips and Tricks for your hair?

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Anarchal Frog, Dec 2, 2009.

1. Anarchal Frog

Anarchal Frog New Member New Member

Oct 28, 2009

I'd really rather not have any posts bashing me on how 'un-punk' a Mohawk is. Believe me, I know, I don't need to be educated on the subject.

I had to cut my hair and figured i might as well have some fun while I'm at it.

I was just wondering if any of you could tell me what they use to keep those two-foot fuckers up and keep them there? I've got some thick & wavy hair that refuses to keep up, I've tried Got2Bglued lvl 4 so far, I got about 8" of hair on the top of my head.

Thanks for any help.

2. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

it takes alot of training. try RAVE hairspray with hair glue combo. try not to use alot of glue aswell. less is more. start off with a little dab, work it through, then blowdry to get all the glue through out the hair. then hold for 30 seconds or so, it should stand. repeat until hawk is full out.

liberty spikes is your best bet, your going to have to get your hair used to being totally ungravitized. so keep liberty spikes for a month or so, then try to fan the hawk out.

3. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

dude just do each section with any hair spray while still holding up the section your working on blow dry it till it is up then do that to the whole hair reinforce it with more hair spray a few times and what not after words that g2bglud shit (witch is just Elmers glue with a nice smell to it btw if you dont want to spend the money it has the same ingredients) then put little dabs starting from the root up in the hair with the Elmers/gotbglude with your fingers or palms
    rave is a good choice as far as hair spary goes or you can go rely far i keep mine up for lliek a week straight do every thing i said but befor you put the glue in get PUMP IT UP GOLD has to be gold or it wont work and do the same procedure with that as i said with the hair spray it should come out rely nice if you take your time and once you do it anofe times youll learn all the thing you need to know

LOTS OF WORK but ya it gets mine up and good the way i want it its alot better then using just glue that never works out to good oh or you can put Elmers glue in your hair and iron it but thats rely risky unless you got sum one to help you

4. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I always just used any decent hairspray and a blow-dryer. I've had more trouble finding the right blow-dryer than finding the right hairspray, you need a good decent blow-dryer, otherwise for some reason the spray won't harden that well.

5. sociopop82

sociopop82 Experienced Member Experienced member

Sep 3, 2009

fun fact
    gasoline turns your hair red

6. Wonder138

Dec 2, 2009

kool and actuly my moms a hair dresser that why i have the abilty to get to all these things and i have a rely good blow dryer used to be hers but i coverd it in gell and hairsypay lol :ecouteurs:

7. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

Don't know anything about the ever illusive 'hawk but consider myself to be quite the aficionado on dreadlocks currently on my second round of having 'em so anyone who needs help with their dreads is more than free to come to me for pointers :D

8. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

FUCK THAT GOT2BGLUED SHIT , FREEZIT HAIR SPRAY WILL KEEP IT UP FOR DAYS IF YOU PUT ENOUGH IN , AND HAIR DYIER

9. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Its all a waste of fuckin' time
    i do like mohawk, but i think they look best when they're down n dirty
    I very much like dreads too (especially on the ladies ;) )
    The only thing i've ever done to my hair was spike it with soap,
    and i grew out of that in 10th grade.
    I think its all just trendy bullshit. but thats just me.

"Are you prepared to die for your beliefs or just to dye your hair?"

10. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Just dread it. or shave it, screw mohawks.

BUT if your gunna do a mohawk. Id use Volumax Hairspray. If your not a vegetarian or anything, gelatin works good too.

11. pnxsuck

pnxsuck New Member New Member

Dec 1, 2009

i used to lay my head on the side of a table and paint shellac on it with a paint brush. horrible for your hair (who cares) but it works haha. oh yeah and when it gets hard your hair can break off like glass hahaha

12. Wonder138

Dec 2, 2009

woe kool

13. punkerfucker

punkerfucker Active Member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2009

ahahaha!!!maybe u can kill someone with tht!lol

14. disfuck

disfuck Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 11, 2009

i miss my dread hawk

15. Wonder138

Dec 2, 2009

i thougt about getting rid of my mohawk but my gf dosen want me she likes it bt the other thign is i have m mohawk as a statment wen ppl dont like it if evey one had one then ya i wouldent have one but i do

16. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    it all boils down to this. Do what you want, what you are comfortable with, how you like yourself. Who gives a shit what others think? That in my opinion is a big difference between poseurs and non. Poseurs do care what others think and live accordingly.

17. divotfreely

divotfreely Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 4, 2009
     United States
    KNOX is the shit man- unflavored,uncolored jello. mix it with water and heat it up in the microwave. work your hair a little at a time as usual- blow dry it til dry/rock fukin hard, and continue til your hair is up the way you want it. knox will keep your hair up til you wash it out. i pass out at the end of the night and when i wake up it is still up. None of you have ever used knox??

18. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

I cut my hair yesterday.......was growing into a mullet.

19. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

I tried a lot of stuff... egg whites don't work, Gelitan is too much work and doesn't really hold all that great. The best thing I found was Aussie Instant freeze hairspray, get the roots good and blow dry it until it burns, then once you got it up, the tips will be limp and flopping... that's when you get out the elmers school glue (or try Elmer's Glitter school glue if you want a little flash), and work it in your hands, then take that to the tips of your hair. Again blow dry till it burns. I usually do the hair spray in small sections, just do it a part at a time.

And you must train your hair, so use liberty spikes at first until your hair gets used to standing, then do the big ol' fan mohawk... and then for something different you can grow in the sides and do liberty spikes on them and a fan on the long part down the middle, or you can do bi or tri hawks...

I miss my mohawk so much, but I think at the school I work at they would frown on me coming in with a mohawk, and I do like and enjoy my job...

20. New Face In Hell

New Face In Hell Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 22, 2010

I fully endorse Tim/Ring Of Truth's method. It works quite well. :thumbsup: