Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Thrash

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by Caps, Feb 3, 2011.

1. horrorpunk666

horrorpunk666 Member Forum Member

Aug 18, 2011

dude, listen to kill 'em all... its a great album, argueably the frst thrash metal album in existance. if your talking about thrash metal, they started it, megadeth would be the one you would want to argue, metallicas first 3 albums were thrash.. megadeth only has some elements of thrash in it

i didnt post any music becasue it was anarchist, i have a little broader musical taste then purely anarchist music.. i mean i do liste to it and its fun, but it cant be the ONLY thing you listen to, but its important to have variety

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    dood, do you see the part at the top of the page that says anti-capitalist....you listen to kill em all and worship them all you want, there were literally dozens of bands that played it better at the same time as your crappy hero's....too funny.

3. horrorpunk666

Aug 18, 2011

ha, when did it become worship level? metallica totally sold out man, i admit it. i dont think their gods or anyhting. music IS capitalist.. its a market and a business, its also self axpression and everyhting else. but in the end. every band is marketing their own product,w ether they mean to or not. and tell me, what other thrash abnd where around when metallica was, i dont think you actually know metallica very well? i dont hold them as idols, but i am farmiliar with their history. kill 'em all was in no way shape of form capitalistic, most of the songs on the album are about listening to music and loving it... you might be well versed in the new crap they ahve been releasing, but im talking about their original music, when they were doing led zepplin tunes at 300 times the speed, like my singiture said, know your roots. slayer anthrax and metallica are the roots of thrash.

the part about this that is "too funny" would be your incredible lack of perception, you seem to be assuming a lot with a very limited knowlage of the subject, ok and by the way, i know 7 year olds who say "dood"

4. Gicklegack

Gicklegack Member New Member

Aug 20, 2011

Honestly, the first three metallica albums heavily influenced shit loads, if not a majority, of the crust bands that are around today. Just as much as Venom, Slayer, Celtic Frost, etc. And if truth be known, most of the European speed/black metal bands were raking in more cash than the American bands at the time, as there was more of a following for the genre in Europe. I'm sure Motorhead aren't exactly worried about where there next meal is coming from either. The metallica of today is utter crap, I'll give you that.

5. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    You sir are a complete moron, Discharge were the roots of thrash, and Destruction in Germany were doing it much better just to name one, Stark Raving Mad in Texas was much harder faster and had a lot more to say than all three of the bands you cited and spawned the early D.R.I. After that initial hesher metal bullshit wave you love to hold in such high regard there were many bands that also did it better. Who the fuck do you think you're talking to, some kid? I said 'dood' because as you are plainly too dense to realize, you led your statement above with 'dude'. Like I said before: too fuckin' funny.

6. horrorpunk666

Aug 18, 2011

discharge was formed 1977, their first thrash album was released after the addition of pooch in the 90's, before him. it was hardcore punk

as for stark raving mad spawning D.R.I, stark raving mad was a few of the members of Pissed Youth! and D.R.I took, i believe the drummer.

you do have points, but it depends on what your intrepritation of thrash is, i beliieve it requires a little more structure then the bands your sighting, the guitar (being a guitarist it is whati focous on when litening to music) should be steady, its hard to explain so ill just write out some tabs and see if it makes sense

HARDCORE PUNK

-------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------
    ----------------------------------2-2-2---2-2
    2-2-2---2-2---4-4-4---4-4---2-2-2---2-2
    2-2-2---2-2---4-4-4---4-4---0-0-0---0-0
    0-0-0---0-0---2-2-2---2-2------------------

THRASH

----------------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------------------------------
    -----------------------------7----6---5-------------
    -----------------------------7----6---5------------
    0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0------------0-0-0-0-0

see the difference in structure?
    hopefully that makes more sense then me stumplling through an explination
    and i just would like to point out, that you sir have defeaded your own original point, originally you said metallica werent thrash at all..
    i mean anyone can argue "who did it first" for an infinate ammount of time, so im gong to drop that one, and dude is actually an informal way of adressing someone, sorry if it caused offense.

7. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I rest my case... :lmao:

Also Kurt was Stark Raving Mads bass player before FX, the song "Capitalist C*nt" on that record is about Kurt...

8. misfit

misfit New Member New Member

Sep 7, 2011

[quote="punkmar77"
    I rest my case... :lmao:

Also Kurt was Stark Raving Mads bass player before FX, the song "Capitalist C*nt" on that record is about Kurt...[/quote]

Rest your case on what? Alien ant farm not being thrash? Horrorpunk said there were going to be fuck ups in the list unless I missed something. I looked up most of the bands and found it to be pretty helpful....

Also. Why this campaign against metallica? Its not like he said any of the bands were anarchist or capitalist or anything else for that matter.. they wrote some kick ass music and if you under the dillusion that they are either not thrash or that somehowevery band in existance should be anarchist. Then you are either an idiot. Deaf. Or a fascist... I rest my case

9. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Yeah you're right, I'm a Deaf Idiot Fascist and fuck Metallicaca and their "kickass music" who gives a fuck...and yes I now decree that every band in existence should be anarchist or have their heads chopped off.....fucking moron...

The list was shit directly from his Ipod that he obviously listens to....y total me vale pura madre lo que pienses señorito "misfit"