Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

There is nothing wrong with excessive use of Marijuana

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Shabby_Deals, Jan 4, 2010.

1. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

yeah, I could really give a fuck. I was just referring to what could likely happen and that it would do more good then hurt. I'd like to see more bike trails and high speed trains at the expense of the legalization of marijuana. But i don't really care that much per say. There is going to be a bike trial and high speed transit train going from Healdsburg (Sonoma County) to San Rafael (Marin County) going in by 2015 already, so that's cool.

2. Danarchy

Danarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 16, 2012
     Canada
    What I was getting at A/O was that while the current pot regulations are federal jurisdiction in Canada; our Feds, compared to the US do no have an equivalent FBI/ DEA or other federal enforcement agencies therefore it is left up to the Provinces to administate the regulations. BC made the rational decision not to punish smokers rather go after larger criminal organisations and heavier chemicals.

Were the compassion clubs in California not legislated by the state but then raided by the DEA a federal organisation?

In Vancouver a couple of years ago, I was told to put out my cig on a Starfucks patio while people were puffing on fatties at two of the other tables. Thier logic, smoking cigarettes at a food establishment comes with a 250.00 fine for the establishment, smoking pot might only get the user a 65.00 fine. This is well beyond the early 90's where I had to hide out in back allies to puff on a joint and ANY pot would drop you in a room at the concrete hotel.

I believe a similar tolerance in the US would go a long way to relieve the current problem but the taxation/ regulation argument is typically put forward by the mainstream lobby groups as an enticement for the political mainstream. Here in Canada the Fed govenment under Pig Harper actually wants to impose Texas style anti-drug policy even as Texas is repealing the laws and declared the approach a catastraphic failure; even sending their head law makers/ police to Canada to warn Harper against such a approach. (Thank you, Texas)

While I did make an argument against taxation, the simple reality is 'by all means necessary' does not mean grabbing a gun; it means whatever steps you need to take are justified in the long run provided that they are always towards greater freedom. Use whatever tool you wish to push for the legalisation of pot and freedom of those serving long time for a petty crime. :ecouteurs:

3. SOADcore

SOADcore Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 29, 2011

I haven't done any non-medicinal drugs, but it scares the shit out of me to lose rational thought, even for an hour. It also seems pathetic to me to get stoned or drunk.

Then again, I haven't experienced it, so I can't judge.

4. apples&onions

apples&onions Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 16, 2012

Good, don't judge. Rarrrgghh!!! Anarchy! And as an anarchist you shouldn't limit yourself to only rational thought, you'll be missing alot.

5. Penta

Penta New Member New Member

Jul 1, 2012
     Poland
    It IS a matter of personal choice, though I have to agree that deciding "this isn't for me, i don't like it" without tryin first is a little narrow-minded thing to do. But, again, I don't judge you, SOADcore. ;)