Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Unseen

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by trevor9849, Dec 6, 2010.

1. trevor9849

trevor9849 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 12, 2010

I really like The Unseen. I think they are a pretty good band. I really don't understand why people say they're not "real punk" or they're "sellouts" or that they are "posers". I really just don't get it. I mean yeah, they did probably change their sound a little bit but many bands do. I mean look at The Exploited, they sound kinda metal now, eh? So please watch this video and if you don't agree with me can you please tell me what I don't see that makes them so un-punk (even though thats not a word). Heres the video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXqojLuSurs[/video]

:D I like

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Trevor you could just post stuff like this in the 'Chat Box' instead of starting a whole thread about it, can't stand them by the way, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't like them. Just really generic sounding...."government"...."fuck you"...."blah blah blah"... it took me two hours to get my hair ready for the video....etc. etc.

3. trevor9849

Sep 12, 2010

Yeah... I always forget about the chat box actually, and I also think that posting it as a topic will get more replies. About the hair thing, what about 80s bands? You don't think it took Wattie a while to dohis mohawk? I understand how you say they are kinda generic sounding but that doesn't mean they aren't punk. I don't want to argue but again this is just my opinion.

4. WrongfullSuspicion

WrongfullSuspicion Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 17, 2010

Well, I 've always had a soft spot for them, listen back to them sometimes, they 're pretty good, but I 've just moved on to better music :D

5. trevor9849

Sep 12, 2010

Better music? Examples please... I am always open minded. Im not being sarcastic

6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Never liked the Exploited at all, but I was really spoiled here in San Diego, a few of our local bands blew a lot of bands out of the water back then and most of them didn't give a fuck what their hair looked like, just posted a 'best of' of Battalion of Saints, check out those old songs if you don't know them...

7. trevor9849

Sep 12, 2010

Ok cool, I will

8. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

Listen some 80's and 70's bands :)
    UK Subs is pretty good , Subhumans, GBH , Braindance , Discharge , Circle Jerks, Bad Brains, The Adicts , The Skeptix ...
    I think that u know most of them , but there might be some songs or albums that u dont know
    P.S: In my opinion GBH's last album is not very good :S

9. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Unseen = snoozefest

10. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

trevor9849, trying to use the Exploited as a "real punk" example on here is a bad idea...

11. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I think I've heard that they had sold shoes with their names on when touring Warp Tour. Not sure about this information.

12. trevor9849

Sep 12, 2010

Dude, I love 70's and 80s Punk! Bands like GBH, Crass, Subhumans, Chaos UK, The Exploited, Sex Pistols, The Germs, Black Flag, Minor Threat, The Varukers, UK Subs, Discharge, Cockney Rejects, and others are awesome. I listen to most of those bands more than I do newer punk.

13. trevor9849

Sep 12, 2010

Why is it a bad idea? They aren't Nazis

14. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    The Unseen is shit. I used to like them, back a few years ago (when they werent sellout and still underground) it was one of my top favorite band, but now they are pathetic... They even wrote a song to say "fuck you" to all their fans who say they are selling out (the song is So sick of you). They make a lot of shitty videoclip and they appear on TV everywhere.... Mark unseen became a rockstar. At least he's getting better with his new projects (angry youth, the rabble, etc) but unseen became shit and they changed.
    I remember it used to be a band very chose of their public, they answered every email and all... And when they started selling out and making videoclips i wrote a big e-mail to them. They used to answer all e-mails sent to them but they just ignored me. I was very polite and i just told them my point of view and asked why they make videoclips for the TV, etc... They never answered me...

15. (Filipe)

(Filipe) Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 4, 2010

That's what §§ and €€ make to our heads , it makes us sick and it makes us think about nothing else than being richer than our neighbours , when they were "poor " and infamous they were nice... when they got their pockets full of money , they no longer needed to be nice, because they could buy some bitch and buy some "friendship" :/

16. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

Trevor theres already an entire thread on the exploited and how they ARE a shitty racist band. So go look at that its quite interesting...
    as for the unseen...yea there quite generic

17. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

They're looked down upon here a lot, it seems. Honestly I think it's with pretty good reason (cartoon punks and all, and while they aren't Nazis I guess they're Nazi sympathizers in certain cases and Wattie's a racist), but hey, if you like their music that's all well and good.

18. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

i think its for shock value regarding the exploited, but regardless, Listen to whatever you want, the more you expand your music taste the less bigoted and moronic you'll become. Just because someone says its un-punk or un-anarchist to listen to something doesn't mean you should do what they say.

19. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Never liked the Unseen.

Basically this ^^
    Very Casualties like.

I'll save you the liberty of search barring that shit.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=2752&hilit=the+exploited

20. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    wow some shitty bands you like.