Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Pop Group - 4 Lp Discography - (England)

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by 1xAntifa, Dec 23, 2019.

1. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    the pop group post punk free jazz experimental.zip

To access hit zip extractor and enter your email. It should work. If not please PM me. It's costing me $$ and is pointless if I cannot share.

The Pop Group are an English band formed in Bristol in 1977 by vocalist Mark Stewart, guitarist John Waddington, bassist Simon Underwood, guitarist/saxophonist Gareth Sager, and drummer Bruce Smith. Their work in the late 1970s crossed diverse musical influences including funk, free jazz and dub with radical politics, helping to pioneer post-punk music.

The group released two albums, Y (1979) and For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder? (1980), and the singles "She Is Beyond Good and Evil" (1979) and "We Are All Prostitutes" (1979), before breaking up in 1981. Its members would go on to work on a variety of subsequent projects, including New Age Steppers and Rip Rig + Panic.

Y is the debut studio album of English post-punk band The Pop Group. The album was produced by dub musician Dennis "Blackbeard" Bovell at Ridge Farm Studios in Surrey, and was released on 20 April 1979 through Radar Records. Y initially received mixed critical reviews but has since received acclaim. Pitchfork Media ranked it at number 35 on its list of The Top 100 Albums of the 1970s. The Wire included it in its list of "The 100 Most Important Records Ever Made

For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder? is the second studio album by English post-punk band The Pop Group. It was released on March 21, 1980, through the record labels Rough Trade and Y.Initially released to mixed reviews, the album has received critical acclaim in recent years.

We Are Time is a compilation album by English post-punk band The Pop Group. It was released on June 13, 1980, through the record labels Rough Trade and Y.

We Are All Prostitutes is a compilation album by English post-punk band The Pop Group, released in April 1998 by Radar Records. It comprises tracks from the band's second album, the compilation We Are Time and the singles We Are All Prostitutes and Where There's a Will There's a Way

File 338MB

Y 1979

Tracklist
    Thief Of Fire
    Snowgirl
    Blood Money
    Savage Sea
    We Are Time
    Words Disobey Me
    Don't Call Me Pain
    The Boys From Brazil
    Don't Sell Your Dreams
    3-38

For How Much Longer do we Tolerate Mass Murder 1980

Tracklist
    Forces Of Oppression
    Feed The Hungry
    One Out Of Many
    Blind Faith
    How Much Longer
    Justice
    There Are No Spectators
    Communicate
    Rob A Bank

We Are Time 1980
    Tracklist
    Trap
    Thief Of Fire
    Genius Or Lunatic
    Colour Blind
    Spanish Inquisition
    Kiss The Book
    Amnesty Report
    Springer
    Sense Of Purpose
    We Are Time

We are all Prostitutes 1998
    Tracklist
    We Are All Prostitutes 3:13
    Blind Faith 4:04
    Justice 3:09
    Amnesty Report 3:14
    Feed The Hungry 4:16
    Where There's A Will 5:18
    Forces Of Oppression 2:17
    Spanish Inquisition 3:21
    No Spectators 4:19
    (Amnesty Report II) 2:42

RECORD INFORMATION

Discography (The Complete Singles Collection)
    Release Date : 1991

Inner label sleeve A & B: STEREO 7979951 SET No. 7979941 AEPIInner label sleeve C & D: STEREO 7979961 SET No. 7979941 AEPITwo inner sleeves, which are covered with Tennant/Lowe portraits on the one side. On the other side, there are songs informations & notes by the group.Printed by I.Leonardos S.A
    FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

The Pop Group Biography

WEBSITE
    Pet Shop Boys are an English musical duo, formed in London in 1981 and consisting of Neil Tennant (main vocals, keyboards, occasional guitar) and Chris Lowe (keyboards, occasional vocals). They are listed as the most successful duo in UK music history by The Guinness Book of Records.
    In the early 90s they ran [l=Spaghetti Recordings] and more recently, [l=Olde English] and [l=Lucky Kunst] labels.
    In March 2013, the duo officially left [l=Parlophone] after 28 years and entered into a new arrangement with [l=Kobalt Label Services] for their 12th studio album which would be the band's first release on their own music imprint [l=x2 (2)].

Band members: Neil Tennant, Chris Lowe
    ---

The Pop Group are a post-punk band which formed in 1977 in Bristol, England. They consisted of Mark Stewart (vocals), John Waddington (guitar), Gareth Sager (guitar), Simon Underwood (bass) and Bruce Smith (drums).

The band reformed in 2010 for a reunion tour. In November 2014, the Pop Group announced that they would release an album of new material titled "Citizen Zombie" on 23 February 2015. The album was produced by Paul Epworth.

Their uncompromising, dissonant sound spanned punk, free jazz, funk and dub music. Their lyrics were, more often than not, politically charged. In '79 they issued their debut single, "She is Beyond Good and Evil" on the Radar label.

Their debut album Y, was produced by reggae veteran Dennis Bovell to critical acclaim but low sales figures. Although it did not chart, the album's success was sufficient to convince Rough Trade to sign the band, but not before more line-up changes, with Dan Katsis, formerly a guitarist in the Glaxo Babies, replacing Underwood on bass.

The band's career with Rough Trade commenced with what is possibly their best-known single "We Are All Prostitutes", which featuring a guest appearance by free improviser Tristan Honsinger on cello. This was followed the release of their second album, For How Much Longer Do We Tolerate Mass Murder? in 1980, which included a contribution from US proto-rappers The Last Poets.

Shortly afterwards The Pop Group released a split single, "Where There's a Will There's A Way", with The Slits, a band with whom they now shared a drummer and managers (Christine Robertson and Dick O'Dell), as well as a growing interest in exploring dub and funk rhythms.

The band split in 1981, after legal wranglings and internal disagreements. Members of the group went on to form bands including Pigbag, Maximum Joy, Head and Rip Rig & Panic, the latter notable for the involvement of Neneh Cherry.

Singer Mark Stewart, meanwhile, collaborated with Adrian Sherwood and the On-U Sound posse, issuing records firstly as Mark Stewart and Maffia, then as a solo artist.

The Pop Group and associated bands started a Bristol 'scene' that would later spawn trip-hop.

It was reported on 24 May 2010 that the Pop Group would be reuniting. Stewart announced the first two dates of a reunion tour. Three members of the original line up were part of the reunion with two gigs in London and two in Italy initially confirmed. The band played live in Paris (for the first time) on 6 September 2010, at La Machine Du Moulin Rouge venue as part of "L'Etrange Festival" Film Festival which served as a kick off to their five date tour through Europe which included a London gig on New Year's Eve with Sonic Youth and Shellac.

In a 2010 interview, Stewart said that the reformed Pop Group was recording a new album, to be titled The Alternate. However, this album never materialized. The band were chosen to perform at the ATP I'll Be Your Mirror festival curated by ATP & Portishead in September 2011 in Asbury Park, New Jersey.

They have been cited as an important influence in the development of alternative music in the 1980s; Mike Watt, of Minutemen and, more recently, Nick Cave , have cited the Pop Group as an important source of inspiration on their own work. In November 2013, the band played the final holiday camp edition of the All Tomorrow's Parties festival in Camber Sands, England.

The Pop Group's 1980 LP We Are Time saw its first reissue worldwide (ex. Japan) on October 20, 2014. The band also released a brand new compilation of rarities titled Cabinet of Curiosities. In support of the reissues the band undertook a 7 day UK tour starting on October 20 in Edinburgh and ending on October 26 at the Islington Assembly Hall in London. Richard Williams - who championed the band and featured them on the front of Melody Maker on 24 March 1979 - wrote in his review of the London show: 'one of the most important British bands of the 1970s, the gig provided evidence of their continuing relevance'

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Parlophone

Label Code: bLC 0299/b

bPlease note, many Parlophone issues also carry an EMI logo. This is not a label and EMI should not be added as a label, it instead indicates that Parlophone was part of the EMI Group./b

Parlophone is a record label founded in Germany in 1896 by Carl Lindström, as l75860 (the ‘e’ was originally added for UK releases). The L in the logo represents his name. In 1923 an English branch was set up l311921, this company was subsequently taken over by l97841 in 1927, following its acquisition of l275192 in 1926, thus becoming a constituent part of l293204 (EMI) when that company merged with l253617 in 1931.

The label largely operated as a Jazz and Novelty label until manager, George Martin, signed the The Beatles in 1962. As a result of its subsequent success and profile, the label was earmarked for phasing out in 1973 in favour of EMI (the label), however the parlophone imprint continued to be used by registered trademark owner EMI Records Ltd. and affilated companies.

In September 2012 following the acquisition of l1330982's US and Asian interests by Universal Music Group, Parlophone and the former EMI Records Ltd. were merged as the l806790 (PLG Holdco Ltd.) and spun off to be sold.

They were sold to Warner Music Group in March 2013.
    The Parlophone label is now owned by Parlophone Records Limited, the re-named EMI Records Ltd., itself a subsidiary of Warner Music International.

The Beatles were not part of the Parlophone Label Group and their catalogue was acquired by Universal.

bThis label contains releases on multinational markets. Do NOT create imprints for different countries. Cover that information on new releases with the country field and with notes about the release (releasing company, ℗&© note, mechanical rights etc.)./b
    Read More...

RECOMMENDED BANDS SIMILAR TO The Pop Group

Pere Ubu

This Heat

Swell Maps

Gang of Four

Wire
  2. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

I didn't know that some of them went on to form Rip Rag and Panic. (I don't much about them, but remember when they were on The Young Ones)

I most certainly remember The Pop Group. A bit of a mixed bag, but good.

3. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    They're an acquired taste. Mark Stewart did some political solo stuff and then collaborated with 3rd gen industrialists like NIN.

aint ashamed likes this.
  4. aint ashamed

aint ashamedExperienced Member Experienced member

Aug 22, 2010
     United States
    Thanks Much !! I love this band for their commitment to the cause of humanity!
    Musically, you couldn't get more free-form, than these guys. They even throw in
    occasional disco beats, which I will only tolerate from this righteous band. aint ashamed

5. The Hat

What about Gang of Four? (Especially the first album)

aint ashamed likes this.
  6. aint ashamed

Aug 22, 2010
     United States
    Hi! Good to back in the loop. I'm somewhat in awe of your musical knowledge,
    and totally relate to your love of music. So yeah, Gang of Four, is a good comparison.
    I'm not as familiar with them as far as, full body of work goes. I will definitely revisit,
    and especially that first album. Thanks Much as Always! aint ashamed

7. The Hat

Thanks for the compliment. My knowledge of music comes with age, experience, and just being a crazy fuck who is nuts about music. (It has literally saved my life!;))

aint ashamed likes this.
  8. aint ashamed

Aug 22, 2010
     United States

You are very welcome, most deserving! Went to my collection, there
    was Gang of Four, just patiently waiting to be rediscovered, verified
    Entertainment was their first. Ahh! Let the endorphin rush commence!
    Stand-Out Tracks for me were_At Home He's A Tourist, 5-45, and Anthrax.
    I love it!, "crazy fuck who is nuts about music, literally saved my life!"
    DITTO BROTHER!! aint ashamed

9. The Hat

Good songs, but my favorites also include Ether, Natural's Not In It, Guns Before Butter, Essence Rare, (Probably one of the most punk sounding songs on that album) Glass, and Contract, but the whole album is great from start to finish.:thumbsup:

aint ashamed likes this.
  10. aint ashamed

Aug 22, 2010
     United States
    Great from start to finish indeed! Thanks again for reminding me about these
    guys. I think I'll start taking inventory of my music library, from time to time, see
    what other great bands I need to REDISCOVER! All the Best! aint ashamed

11. The Hat

:rock:Have fun!:punk:

6 members have read this thread this month

1. 1xAntifa
  2. The Hat
  3. aint ashamed
  4. CULTO DEL CARGO
  5. punkmar77
  6. clink