Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Muffs - Hamburger - 2000 (USA - California)

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by vAsSiLy77, Dec 29, 2010.

1. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

[​IMG]

DOWNLOAD LINK

Login or register to view download link (it's free!)
      External download. Please report any broken link by posting a reply to this thread.

The Muffs are a rock band based in Southern California, formed in 1991 and led by Kim Shattuck.
    The Muffs' leader is singer-songwriter Kim Shattuck. The original lineup also included guitarist Melanie Vammen (like Shattuck, a former member of 1980s all-female garage rock outfit The Pandoras), bassist Ronnie Barnett and drummer Criss Crass.
    After releasing their initial 7" EPs and singles independently and on local labels, The Muffs signed to Warner Bros. Records in the early '90s and released their self-titled debut album in 1993. The Muffs were eventually dropped from the label.
    Vammen and Crass left after the band's self-titled debut album. Crass was replaced by Jim Laspesa after their 1993 tour with the Goo Goo Dolls, and later by Roy McDonald in 1994. The Muffs have been a 3-piece since 1995 with members Kim Shattuck, Ronnie Barnett and Roy McDonald.
    The Muffs' second album, Blonder and Blonder, was released on Reprise Records in 1995.
    Their cover of "Kids In America", originally by Kim Wilde, was used in the 1995 soundtrack for the movie Clueless. It was later reissued on The Muffs' 2000 album Hamburger. The song is also used in Rock Band 2.
    The band contributed the song "Pimmel" to the Fat Wreck Chords compilation Short Music for Short People in 1999. "I Wish That I Could Be You", from the band's Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow, was featured on the Buffy the Vampire Slayer episode The Freshman.
    British indie band Silver Sun covered the Muffs' song "I'm A Dick" on their Too Much, Too Little, Too Late EP, while American punk rock band the Huntingtons covered the Muffs song "Big Mouth" on their Rock 'N' Roll Habits For The New Wave LP. "Big Mouth" was also covered by American punk rock band Off With Their Heads on the Art of the Underground Singles Series Volume 9. "End It All," from "Blonder and Blonder" , was covered on the The Queers album "Later Days And Better Lays".

Hamburger is a compilation album by pop punk band, The Muffs released in 2000 by Sympathy for the Record Industry. It is a collection of singles, compilation appearances, outtakes, demos and covers spanning the bands entire career up to the time of its release.
    The first three tracks make up some of The Muffs earliest material, recorded on a 4-track in 1991. "New Love" and "I Don't Like You" come from the bands first release, the New Love single, issued on Sympathy for the Record Industry. "Guilty" and "Right In The Eye" come from their second singe released by Au Go Go Records. In 1992, The Muffs released "I Need You" b/w "Beat Your Heart Out" on the Sub Pop label. Courtney Love makes an appearance on the track "Love", rambling about a stolen dress.
    The second appearance of "Right In The Eye" is an outtake from the 1993 self-titled first album sessions. The demo of "Everywhere I Go" presented here, was used for the cassette version of the album only. Several demos are also included from the sessions for 1995s Blonder and Blonder. "When I Was Down", "Sick Of You", "Become Undone", and "Goodnight Now" never made it to the album, but "I'm Confused" would be re-recorded for release. "Kids In America" originally appeared on the Clueless Motion Picture Soundtrack. "I'm A Dick" was released as a single on SFTRI in 1996, prior to the release of Happy Birthday To Me, where a new version would appear in 1997. "My Crazy Afternoon" would also be re-recorded for the album. C.C. DeVille makes a guest appearance on "Silly People" which would later be re-recorded for Alert Today, Alive Tomorrow. "Do The Robot" features lead vocals by original drummer Criss Crass.

band site: http: //www.the-muffs.com/
    Kim Shattucks site: http://www.kimshattuck.com/

1. "Get Me Out Of Here" 3:32
    2. "You Can Cry If You Want" 2:16
    3. "Brand New Chevy" 2:46
    4. "New Love" Shattuck 2:11
    5. "I Don't Like You" 2:00
    6. "Guilty" 2:09
    7. "Right In The Eye" 2:17
    8. "I Need You" (7" version) 2:56
    9. "Beat Your Heart Out" 2:30
    10. "Love" 1:25 (With Courtney Loves Answering Machine)
    11. "Rock & Roll Girl" 2:18
    12. "Right In The Eye" 2:23
    13. "Everywhere I Go" 3:14
    14. "You Lie" 2:13
    15. "Toilet Paper" 0:11
    16. "I'm Confused" 3:10
    17. "When I Was Down" 2:39
    18. "Sick Of You" 2:32
    19. "No Action" 1:54
    20. "Become Undone" 3:25
    21. "Goodnight Now" 2:23
    22. "Nothing For Me" 1:47
    23. "Kids In America" 3:11
    24. "I'm A Dick" 1:37
    25. "Pacer" 2:44
    26. "My Crazy Afternoon" 2:31
    27. "Silly People" 3:51
    28. "My Minds Eye" 1:58
    29. "Happening" 0:57
    30. "Do The Robot" 4:48

RECORD INFORMATION

Hamburger
    Release Date : 2000

2 LPs housed in a gatefold sleeve. Lineups; Kim Shattuck-Vovals/Lead Guitar 1991-Present Melanie Vammen-Rhythm Guitar 1991-July 1994 Ronnie Barnett-Bass/Vocals 1991-Present Criss Crass-Drums/Vocals 1991-June 1993 Jim Laspesa-Drums/Vocals June 1993-March 1994 Roy McDonald-Drums/Vocals April 1994-Present
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

The Muffs Biography

The Muffs are an American punk rock band based in Southern California, formed in 1991 and disbanded in 2019 upon the death of singer Kim Shattuck.

The Muffs started as a collaboration between guitarists Kim Shattuck and Melanie Vammen, both former members of the 1980s all-female hard rock group, [a=The Pandoras]. The band started performing and recording after the addition of bassist Ronnie Barnett (Shattuck's then-boyfriend) and drummer Criss Crass. Following the release of their first album in 1993, Crass left the band. By the time the band recorded their second LP, 1995's "Blonder and Blonder", Melanie Vammen had departed and Roy McDonald was the group's drummer. This would become The Muffs' definitive line-up. That same year, the band released one of their best-known songs, a cover of [a=Kim Wilde]'s "Kids In America", for the soundtrack to the movie "Clueless" (ironically, it was a song that the band reportedly neither liked nor ever performed live). After 2004's "Really, Really Happy" LP the band went on extended hiatus, not returning to action until 2012 (Kim Shattuck credited former drummer Jim Lespesa, who filled in on tour after Chris Crass left, with bringing her, Ronnie Barnett, and Roy McDonald back together). The band recorded a new album, "Whoop Dee Doo" that year but its release was delayed when Shattuck was offered the bass-playing slot in the [a=Pixies]. Her Pixies stint was famously short-lived and the album was released in 2014. The band's final album, "No Holiday" was released in October 2019, shortly after Shattuck's death from complications related to ALS.
    ---

The Muffs are a rock band based in Southern California, formed in 1991.

After releasing their initial 7" EPs and singles independently and on local labels, The Muffs signed to Warner/Reprise in the early '90s. The band was heavily promoted along with acts such as Mudhoney in the hope of repeating the commercial success of Green Day. Despite the wide exposure afforded by appearing on a wide variety of movie soundtracks ("Clueless" director Amy Heckerling, in particular, had taken a keen interest in their songs) as well as a lucrative Fruitopia commercial, The Muffs were eventually dropped from the label. The Muffs have since continued to release new records on various independent labels.

The Muffs' leader was singer-songwriter Kim Shattuck. The original lineup also included guitarist Melanie Vammen (like Shattuck, a former member of 1980s all-female garage rock outfit The Pandoras), bassist Ronnie Barnett and drummer Criss Crass. Vammen and Crass left after the band's self-titled debut album. Crass was replaced by Jim Laspesa for their 1993 tour with the Goo Goo Dolls, and later by Roy McDonald in 1994. Ironically, McDonald's former band Redd Kross had released a 1987 single, "Play My Song," whose chorus was viewed by many as directed toward The Pandoras, who had recently moved into a hair metal direction: "No metal sluts or punk rock ruts for me, oh no." The Muffs have been a 3-piece since 1995 with members Kim Shattuck, Ronnie Barnett and Roy McDonald.

Lead singer Kim Shattuck died on October 2, 2019, and the band disbanded shortly after.

A character on Mr. Show (HBO, 1995-1999) was named Dr. Shattuck, this was a reference to the lead singer of The Muffs.

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Sympathy For The Record Industry

USA independent label active since 1988.
    Owned by Long Gone John.