Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Lack of Political Discussion on This Site

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by [Bry]son, Nov 18, 2016.

1. [Bry]son

[Bry]sonActive Member Forum Member

Aug 5, 2015

Hello comrades,

With the recent election happening in the US and the huge surge of right-wing politicians rising to power in Europe, I feel that there is a huge void of discussion here on this site about direct action and dealing with the fascist rise of power throughout the world. I understand that this site is also about anarcho-punk music, but there is a time for sitting back and talking about music and a time for talking about rising up and taking action in the world around us. I'd like to start the discussion of ways for everyone to implement direct action in their local areas and doing everything we can to fight the rise of neo-nazis and right wing radicals.

My favorite resource as of late is subMedia.tv, they are very effective at talking reality. They have recently talked about how to deal with the rise of white supremacy as a member of white society, so any fellow white comrades out there should take a bit of time to go watch this video and hear what they have to say about our role as white anarchists. Please comrades, we have to brig the fight to the enemy's front yard and fight them directly!

2. dumbum

dumbumNew Member New Member

Jul 1, 2013

so true, unfortunately i believe that even among self proclaimed anarchists there is a lack of interest in the world outside of their social circles and personal interests, just like the majority of society. because of the apathy (which i can fall victim to but try not to) and lack of interests in politics and social issues i feel the only people that care enough to use their voice and power for change are the ones supporting the system and taking away human rights. as far as no discussions on this site that is a good question. i unfortunately feel this is because more "punks" or anarchists are more interested in the sound of the music and the look of the scene than what the artist is saying or what the message is. i find it hard to find people who listen and look into lyrical content. thanks for the heads up on that news site ill look into it.

3. [Bry]son

[Bry]sonActive Member Forum Member

Aug 5, 2015

Of course, I came to this site hoping for a hub of political debate and action, but I've been a little disappointed by it all. Granted, the traffic for this site is so so so small compared to other forums, but I don't feel like a small meeting place calls for any less discussion. I know the admins on this site are strong proponents of action, but I feel like there is such a void of action here.
    I hope this thread can gain some traction though, the biggest step forward is starting the discussion in the void. Any news from where you are in the world dumbum?

4. Lardy Cox

Lardy CoxActive Member Forum Member

As Austerity has killed thousands in the UK & Social Cleansing is an excepted policy here. I find it difficult to be anything but fuken angry.. Class War AGAINST the Poor has never been so prevalent in my lifetime.. This to me is TRUE FASCISM...

8 members have read this thread this month

1. Lardy Cox
  2. Dove Riddle
  3. punkmar77
  4. Eighty-Six
  5. Zathexis
  6. ungovernable
  7. Cana
  8. Traveller Si