Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Growing Temptation of Authoritarianism

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by gotohell_/pol/, Sep 16, 2017.

1. The Hat

The Hat Experienced Member Experienced member

May 29, 2019
    Illinois, United States  United States
    Actually nobody took notice of The Village People's lifestyle. Everybody thought the outfits were show business gimmick a la Kiss, and people just danced to the music without understanding the underlying subtext of the lyrics. People were either ignorant, or just turned a blind eye. It was the late 70s and everything went.

I hope my reply in your thread about the Christmas ornaments wasn't too offensive. Like I said, I cope with situations of that sort with dark humor, and you don't have to remind me that there's nothing funny about The Holocaust.

Just wanted to square that with you.

1xAntifa likes this.
  2. 1xAntifa

1xAntifa Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia  Australia
    The VP were pretty obviously gay. But you're right, the majority of people either turned a blind eye or it sailed right by them. My mothers second husband was an evangelical and he had the VP lp in his collection. That caused me no end of mirth.

As for the white Christmas, its cool. I wish I'd thought of it. You've got to take the piss out of the situation, otherwise dispair sets in.