Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Growing Temptation of Authoritarianism

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by gotohell_/pol/, Sep 16, 2017.

1. gotohell_/pol/

gotohell_/pol/New Member New Member

Sep 15, 2017
    west United States
    I'm sick of the state here in the US and sick of the state of things worldwide:
    - Private property and rampant consumerism in the midst of dwindling resources threatens any peaceful future for the working class by accelerating the depletion of resources.
    - Nationalists like Richard Spencer are standing up for economic equality but shooting themselves in the foot with stupid white supremacist bullshit, and their popularity is growing.
    - Silicon valley and government are working hand-in-hand to try to bring about some transhumanist take on feudalism or slavery that no science fiction book I've heard of can provide an example of...
    - The liberal left remains so far right that I am watching the Trump cohort that I live around moving left, it's probably only a matter of time before they become legit neo-nazis. They continue to worship a political figure.

Every day, I want to hop on to some authoritarian left bandwagon to avert the onslaught of unwanted change I fear. Meanwhile, I still have almost all the same values I had 10 years ago. I'm just willing to sacrifice some freedoms temporarily to ensure the security of us, our continued existence as working people; to prevent exterminism. Am I going crazy? Am I the only one who feels this way?