Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Evil Rev. Fred Phelps Strikes Again

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Anxiety69, Mar 3, 2011.

1. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Holy Shit, I don't even know what to say about this. On one hand i have no love lost for dead soldiers, but on the other hand, protesting at their funerals because amerca has so many gays? Really???

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9102443/ns/us_news-life/
    SMYRNA, Tenn. — Members of a church say God is punishing American soldiers for defending a country that harbors gays, and they brought their anti-gay message to the funerals Saturday of two Tennessee soldiers killed in Iraq.

The church members were met with scorn from local residents. They chased the church members cars’ down a highway, waving flags and screaming “God bless America.”

“My husband is over there, so I’m here to show my support,” 41-year-old Connie Ditmore said as she waved and American flag and as tears came to her eyes. “To do this at a funeral is disrespectful of a family, no matter what your beliefs are.”

The Rev. Fred Phelps, founder of Westboro Baptist in Kansas, contends that American soldiers are being killed in Iraq as vengeance from God for protecting a country that harbors gays. The church, which is not affiliated with a larger denomination, is made up mostly of Phelps’ children, grandchildren and in-laws.

‘God hates you,’ signs read
    The church members carried signs and shouted things such as “God hates fags” and “God hates you.”

About 10 church members protested near Smyrna United Methodist Church and nearly 20 stood outside the National Guard Armory in Ashland City. Members have demonstrated at other soldier funerals across the nation.

The funerals were for Staff Sgt. Asbury Fred Hawn II, 35, in Smyrna and Spc. Gary Reese Jr., 22, in Ashland City. Both were members of the Tennessee National Guard.

Large counterdemonstrations
    Hundreds of Smyrna and Ashland City residents and families of other soldiers turned out at both sites to counter the message the Westboro Baptist members brought.

So many counterdemonstrators were gathered in Ashland City that police, sheriff’s deputies and state troopers were brought in to control traffic and protect the protesters.

The church members held protesting permits, and counterprotesters in Smyrna turned their backs to Westboro Baptist members until time expired on the protest permits.

“If they were protesting the government, I might even join them,” Danny Cotton, 56, said amid cries of “get out of our town” and “get out of our country.”

“But for them to come during the worst time for this family — it’s just wrong.”

2. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

I never quite understood why they picketed soldiers funerals, gawd biggest assholes in America=Phelps Family!
    ....why hasn't anyone burned down there damn church yet?

3. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

That's a pretty good example of the kind of insane crap they do on a regular basis.

I have absolutely no clue how they justify their position, and have never truly understood people who hide behind their god as an excuse to be extremely shitty to others, when the real reason they do it is because they're hateful, petty-minded, ignorant cocks.

As far as I know, the Christian god hasn't been heard from in at least a couple-thousand years, so I don't even understand where they're getting their information. Unless god doesn't exist, and they're all too insane to realise that they made all of this crap up for the hell of it. Actually, that sounds about right.

4. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

They've been doing this sorta shit for years...
    Great for publicity

Moreover, there is no shortage of chirstian nuts ready to blame any nature disaster on teh gayz.
    NZ Earthquake? Check

Deadly bushfires in Victoria caused by abortions? Check (btw note the relationship between christian nutjob and former Ozzie Treasurer Mr Costello

Seen both Haiti and Katrina blamed on teh gayz too...

Anywayz, as we all know:
    Easter Sunday, 9 April 1950, Notre-Dame Cathedral, Paris.

5. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

My favorite response is still, by far, from a video(s) posted by a member on this site, (I couldn't find it while searching for "Westboro Baptitst Church", I think it may be in the "activism stories" thread or something) Oof a bunch of people organzing a counterprotest where they ran them out, and not only did they want to leave, but they were afraid to stay. The police didn't do much to help them, other than get them to their cars, with an angry anti-homophobic mob behind them, threatening them if they ever came back every step of the way.

6. fagpunx20

fagpunx20 Active Member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

As much as I would like to agree with burning their fuckin church to the ground, they fuckin have kids with them that they are reinforcing their own bullshit ideologies too, so the kids shouldn't be caught in the crossfire for their fuckin bullshit. I wish there was another way to get this kids away from these christian radicals. No one is buying their bullshit anyways, maybe they'll go away. Till then, if they ever come to Riverside, best believe were gonna run them out. \m/

7. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

[​IMG]

8. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Someone should beat the shit out of Fred Phelps...and I mean literally, beat the shit out of him.

9. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    only problem there is he would become a martyr.

10. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Yeah but it would be amusing to see him poop his pants because of a beating.

No one has to be in the church when it's razed... Sadly, the kids are already caught in the crossfire. The indoctrination makes them see it almost as their duty. Or perhaps not. It's really sad, actually. It reminds of when I was watching a doc on white power bands and there was a twin-girl pop group that use to sing racist songs with Nazi-salute dance moves. Anyway, the kids were interviewed and it became very apparent that they were very confused and unsure about the whole thing but their mother was such an overbearing monster that they really had no choice. Kids should not be exposed to such intolerance.

11. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

Damn, good point :/

12. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

i believe it was Prussian Blue...
    [​IMG]

i heard they grew up and tried to distance themselves from the whole white pride thing, don't quote me on that though...

13. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

They're the ones! Good man.

14. butcher

Sep 8, 2009

I think it was one of those Louis Theroux docos?
    (Tagged the memory cos he's on TV here now touring some brothels...)

15. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

After that doco (Louis and The Nazis) another one was made called "Nazi Pop Twins". It's on youtube under "Prussian Blue White Nationalist" and it's pretty disturbing shit. It does seem in the doco like the girls really fucking hate it (especially cause they're a bit older and more fed up in this one) and I think that's why they called it quits, thank fuck.

16. moose

moose Active Member Forum Member

Jan 14, 2011

:lmao:

17. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

Haha is that you, dude?

18. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

Nov 11, 2010

No haha I just found it on the internet...if any of those WBBC fuckers were anywhere near me and started doing that shit I'd totally do something like that though :)

19. ryan1980

ryan1980 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 9, 2010

I think that was me. Nothing like a conga line around The Westboro Bapist Church!
    The footage in the second video was featured on ABC news showcasing "Violent Responses" to them. That's also where you see the conga line (7:00 in)
    A little planning goes a long way.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZLnE--Uv0w&feature=player_detailpage#t=26s[/video]
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9GK7O0XmZn0&feature=player_detailpage#t=4s[/video]

20. fagpunx20

fagpunx20 Active Member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

If I could like this, I would.