Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

The Clash - Going to the disco (live) - 1976

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by blacknred, Mar 24, 2010.

1. blacknred

blacknred Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 6, 2009

RECORD INFORMATION

Going To The Disco
    Release Date : 2000

Live at The Roundhouse, Chalk Farm, London. 5th September 1976.
    FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

The Clash Biography

WEBSITE
    Influential British punk group from west and south London, active between 1976 and 1985. Adding catchy sloganistic socio-political lyrics to their brand of garage rock 'n' roll, the band soon explored wider musical horizons than most of their contemporaries, incorporating reggae, dub, rockabilly, hip hop and funk influences into their music and a whole lot more.
    The US saw the 2nd album "Give 'Em Enough Rope" released before the first to coincide with the band's first transatlantic tour in early 1979 (and like in Japan and in Canada) the 1st LP "The Clash" was soon repackaged with an updated track list and the addition of a free 7" "Groovy Times" / "Gates Of The West" which wasn't released separately. A year later they were receiving worldwide acclaim with their classic double album "London Calling".
    Inducted into Rock And Roll Hall of Fame in 2003 (Performer), their classic line-up comprised [a=Joe Strummer] (vocals / guitar, b. John Graham Mellor August 21, 1952 Ankara, Turkey d. Dec 22, 2002 Broomfield, Somerset, England), Paul Simonon (bass, b. December 15, 1955), Mick Jones (guitar, b. June 26, 1955) and Nicky "Topper" Headon (drums, b. May 30, 1955).

Band members: Paul Simonon, Pete Howard, Vince White, Nick Sheppard, John Mellor
    Band ex-members: , Keith Levene, Mick Jones, Topper Headon, Terry Chimes, Bobby Harper
    ---

The Clash were a punk rock band from London, England, United Kingdom, active from 1976 to 1985. One of the most successful and iconic bands from the first wave of punk in the 70s, they incorporated rock and roll, reggae, rockabilly, and eventually many other music styles into their repertoire. They were legendary for their uncommonly intense stage performances.

From their earliest days as a band, The Clash stood apart from their peers with their musicianship as well as their lyrics, the passionate, left-wing political idealism in the lyrics by frontman Joe Strummer and guitarist Mick Jones contrasting with the lyrical nihilism of the Sex Pistols and the musical minimalism of the Ramones. Their 1979 album 'London Calling' is considered by critics as one of the greatest albums in the history of rock music. Rolling Stone declared it the best album of the 80s, even though it was released near the end of 1979 at first (technically, Jan 1980, in the United States).

The Clash's attitude and style, as much as their music, has influenced countless bands, both within and outside the sphere of punk rock. Often lauded as "the only band that matters," The Clash were canonized as rock saints even before they broke up. This was officially confirmed in 2003, when they were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Their five big albums from their heyday ('The Clash', 'Give 'Em Enough Rope', 'London Calling', 'Sandinista!', and 'Combat Rock') continue to earn a great deal of interest from rock fans into the new millennium.

Mick Jones went on to form Big Audio Dynamite after being fired from The Clash, and he more recently has produced albums by artists such as The Libertines and Babyshambles. In 2004, he formed Carbon/silicon with musician Tony James (of Generation X and Sigue Sigue Sputnik fame). Exploring various genres such as alternative rock and electronic music, he continues to collaborate with other modern groups such as Gorillaz.

Joe Strummer went on to form and front Joe Strummer and the Latino Rockabilly War and then Joe Strummer and The Mescaleros. He also had a notable solo career that involved work in films and other endeavors, often earning critical acclaim. He died on December 22, 2002, the victim of an un-diagnosed congenital heart defect. Mourned by countless punk fans, his life has been subject to several tributes and was memorialized in the 2007 documentary 'Joe Strummer: The Future Is Unwritten'.

Bass player Paul Simonon went on to form Havana 3 A.M., a group that released a self-titled album in 1991, yet he decided to quit music in the early 90s in favour of becoming an artist. In 2006, he returned to music as bass player in a musical project together with singer-songwriter Damon Albarn. The project is often referred to as The Good, The Bad & The Queen, the name of the groups first recorded album that came out in 2007. In terms of his paintings, his well-received work notably was in an exhibition at Thomas Williams Fine Art in London.

Drummer Topper Headon released a solo album, 1986's 'Waking Up', before leaving the music business to become a taxi driver and escape the heroin addiction that cost him his legacy in The Clash. Over the years, he's had sporadic involvement in various music-related endeavors, such as being a key part of the aforementioned 'The Future Is Unwritten' film. He's currently residing in the seaside town of Dover, England.

Members:
    1976 Original line-up
    Joe Strummer – lead vocals, rhythm guitar
    Mick Jones – lead guitar, backing vocals
    Keith Levene – lead guitar
    Paul Simonon – bass guitar, backing vocals
    Terry Chimes – drums, percussion

1977-1982 Classic line-up
    Topper Headon – drums, percussion

1982-1983

Pete Howard – drums, percussion

1983-1986 Final line-up
    Nick Sheppard – lead guitar, backing vocals
    Vince White – lead guitar
    Pete Howard – drums, percussion

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Not On Label (The Clash)

This pseudo-label is a holding area for all unofficial releases and bootlegs containing music by The Clash where no proper or other label/company is discernible.
  2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Re: The Clash-Going to the disco

blacknred if you put it all in one file then condence the file into one zip file, you can have it as a single download.....

3. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

what the fuck is this album doing in the anarcho section ?

Not only they are sellout on major labels and promoted by the music industry, but they were also one of the main target by the first anarcho-punk bands

Crass - Punk is dead

Yes that's right, punk is dead
    It's just another cheap product for the consumers head
    Bubblegum rock on plastic transistors
    Schoolboy sedition backed by big time promoters
    CBS promote the Clash
    Ain't for revolution, it's just for cash
    Punk became a fashion just like hippy used to be
    Ain't got a thing to do with your or me

Movements are systems and systems kill
    Movements are expressions of the public will
    Punk became a movement cos we all felt lost
    Leaders sold out and now we all pay the cost
    Punk narcissism was a social napalm
    Steve Jones started doing real harm
    Preaching revolution, anarchy and change
    Sucked from the system that had given him his name

Well I'm tired of staring through shit stained glass
    Tired of staring up a superstars arse
    I've got an arse and crap and a name
    I'm just waiting for my fifteen minutes fame

Steven Jones, you're napalm
    If you're so pretty vacant, why do you smarm?
    Patti Smith, you're napalm, your write with your hand
    But it's Rimbaud's arm

And me, yes, I, do I want to burn?
    Is there something I can learn?
    Do I need a business man to promote my angle
    Can I resist the carrots that fame and fortune dangle
    I see the velvet zippies in their bondage gear
    The social elite with safetypins in their ear
    I watch and understand that it don't mean a thing
    The scorpions might attack, but the systems stole the sting
    PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD. PUNK IS DEAD

4. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

whats CBS?

5. statuliber

statuliber Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

CBS was their label, a major label as ungovernable already mentioned

6. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Who cares, if someone wants to listen to that crap, let em. At least people arent uploading Rancid or Britney Spears.

7. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada

yeah but still, this site is dedicated to the underground scene, not the mainstream music

8. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States

Whether or not crass "liked" them is not relevant, as crass were not the gods of anarchism. The point is, they are mainstream, and the disclaimer on this site says this place is for underground music, and the clash, black flag, dead kennedys, the angelic upstarts, and jimi hendrix do not belong here. Get a blogspot account to share them.

9. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

then why is there a section called 'other downloads' thats misleading....and if you look Anxiety, all the Dead Kennedy's catalogue was originaly posted by the Moderators.......

10. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old

i am aware of that, but can't i still feel it is inapropriate to post it here? Maybe we need a defintion of what the OTHER DOWNLOADS section is actually for, as it seems pretty vague at the moment.

This is from the disclaimer: - Do not post commercial music, or well known bands like The Casualties or Exploited that you can find on thousands of other websites. ANARCHO-PUNK.NET is dedicated to the underground scene, nothing else.
    This also includes any bands from big labels, please NEVER post bands from labels like Punkcore Records, Hellcat Records, etc..

Alternative tentacles, sst, those are big labels yes? Those are bands that can be found elsewhere easily right?

11. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

LOL ahahahah the Clash blows and its mainstream

and if it realy a problom move all that shit to the other downloads
    Other= Stuff other then anarcho punk
    BAM! there you go

12. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Crass is mainstream, doom, black flag etc. etc. a LOT of people know them, whether their considered underground or not.

And steve ignorants actions as of late, people can debate that the band members from Crass and Conflict arent so "underground" either...

13. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old

yeah i just thin it would be a good idea to define what should and shouldn't be uploaded here.

14. blacknred

Oct 6, 2009

Fuck me , that's me told !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. blacknred

Oct 6, 2009

and.............................this is the clash before they sold out AND it isn't on CBS AND how anarchist can you get even if it was on CBS ?stopping their profits (oops i forgot you're terrified of upsetting the system-joking )and , debatable if any of us would be here if not for the likes o the Clash and i don't even like the Clash .

16. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old

the point is, a major corporatation owns the rights to the clash's music (even bootlegs are violations if they are published songs and shit) and if you really want to risk them threatening this site, and potentially ruining the possibility of the download section, then keep sharing this crap.

17. blacknred

Oct 6, 2009

only sharing coz i thought someone may enjoy it , s'all .I wont bother anymore , makes no diff to me .BUT...bit strange that 'anarchists ' are scared of big business.Bit lightweight methinks.

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States

It was appreciated Blacknred and your probably right to trip. I love The Clash and have for 32 years and could care less who talks shit or doesn't like them or looks down upon them, to those people I will quote Ian and ask "What the fuck have you done?" With all that said I would also hope you'd understand we dont need the site to be shut down so we feel protective of what might bring bullshit our way, so thank you for sharing and please don't let it deter you from bringing future downloads to the site.... :beer:

19. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Songs like "Punk is Dead" are so loaded with hypocrisy and self-righteousness it's laughable.

That said, although I love the Clash, I think it's probably best left to other sites, it's not like you can't get it for free if you want to. I highly recommend "The Essential Clash" for the uninitiated.

20. Anxiety69

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old

i like the clash, i don;t love them, but i don't hate them just because crass did, and frankly everyone should be scared of capitalistic lawyers :)