Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Black Flag shit

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by AleisterChrist, Dec 9, 2012.

1. AleisterChrist

AleisterChrist Member New Member

Dec 9, 2012

Hey I'm new to this site so I don't know if I'm posting in the right section, let me know if I'm doing this wrong. Anyway, I came here in search of rare Black Flag recordings like the Spray Paint & Police Story live EPs plus the Damaged demos. I found them in the music downloads section but when I click the links they all say the file is invalid or deleted. How can I get my hands on those files? I'm all for paying for albums in order to support bands, I've bought every black flag album available on the market, but with super rare/unrelease recording such as these I don't believe the band is being cheated out of any money. Anyway can anyone help me out with this?

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

I`m not big on Black Flag albums myself, but I`m sure someone here would re-upload them for you. Have you tried checking for them on soulseek?

3. AleisterChrist

Dec 9, 2012

I'm just rather clueless as to how to use file-sharing websites. Would I have to contact someone specific and ask them to upload the files? If so do you know anyone who might have them?

4. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

I would contact (personal message) whoever created the link to those files and request the albums from them.

5. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    I gotta tell you Greg Ginn has turned into a complete douchebag, in the last year or so he has sued the hell out of YouTube, Mediafire etc. etc. even going after kids that put up videos of themselves skateboarding with black flag music playing in the background...

6. nclpw

May 25, 2012

I wonder what he`d do if he knew I sold a diy black flag sweater. Ginn, if you ever read this, I made major profit off your band and I`ve been bragging and spending the money shamelessly. The five bucks I earned bought me a whole loaf of bread. Yes, you heard me.

7. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    [​IMG]

8. xXZenyattaXx

xXZenyattaXx Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 29, 2012

9. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Black Flag made a complaint to MediaFire and asked them to remove all their stuff. I got an e-mail from Mediafire saying the band had filed a complaint so that's why the albums aren't available anymore here.

Sellouts.

10. Harrison

Harrison Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2009

Sucks. I'm not all that surprised though. Add their name to the list right under Crass's I reckon.

But on another side of it I think it brings up how the internet has changed the punk movement. You know in those folks' days, as I'm sure a lot of folks on this forum can remember, everything was done by word of mouth. Pioneer punk bands totally busted their asses to get known, what with flyering and touring etc. It's funny how now the internet has kind of killed the regional borders that kind of used to divide bands. Not to say that folks still don't bust their asses touring, because they definitely still do. You still have to bust your ass to get known. But I think it's kind of interesting to think about.

They're still capitalist sellouts regardless though.

11. AleisterChrist

Dec 9, 2012

FUUUUUCKKK YOOU GREGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!

12. AleisterChrist

Dec 9, 2012

I don't even give a shit, these are albums that are either outta print or demos that were never sold in the first place, Greg Ginn wouldn't be losing any fucking money over it. Black Flag is not a sellout, Greg Ginn is.

13. SingLoco

SingLoco Member New Member

Oct 23, 2012

Hey man, I've found "Black Flag - Complete 1982 Demos" at the URL provided (link is working). Anyways, I'm also "new" to the forums. Did anybody else catch Henry Rollins starring in the TV series "Sons of Anarchy"? I was surprised to see him, he also was interviewed in a newspaper not too long ago. Seems to be doing really well for himself, although some may say he sold out.
    http://forestroxx.blogspot.ca/2011/05/b ... demos.html

14. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I met Henry Rollins this summer, super nice guy, I know he doesn't smoke weed so I jokingly asked if he wanted to smoke a jay, he took it really well.

15. AleisterChrist

Dec 9, 2012

Yeah Henry Rollins seems like a nice and easy to get in touch with guy, he's stated that he doesn't give as much of a shit about people downloading his music. By the way dude thanks for the link to the 1982 demos but I've got that already, thank you very much though.

16. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    According to copyright law that piece of shit sellout motherfucker is Black Flag

17. AleisterChrist

Dec 9, 2012

Yeah I guess, too bad Ginn has to fucking spoil the name and legacy of the entire band

18. TiffanyB

TiffanyB Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2012

fucked up of ginn to do but fuck it haha i already have every album by black flag before henry and after henry, live and unlive, both downloaded and after hearing it i went out and found every album on vinyl! To me as long as the music is heard by fans thats all that should matter! even tho i have every song downloaded, i still go out and buy the shit i like! I have fun going down to the local record store and buying a classic black flag or led zeppelin or gg allin record but i am NOT paying 10$ for a goddamn blink 182 album and im not paying 5$ for a Chicago record! Brittany Spears, Kanye West, Lil WhoGivesAShit, Maroon 5, and Green Day can go FUCK OFF and pay you for having to hear that bullshit! At least by downloading you can find out whats shit isnt you and whats you actuially like, you can actuially expand you musical knowledge and musical taste by downloading and listening to music, ya buying a cd or record is more special and personal but for 10 cds youd need at least 50$ and that dont come easy, listen know then support the groups you like by buying more of there shit you found out was kickass and you know youd enjoy buying tickets and going to there live shows!!!!! HELL HENRY ROLLINS SAID "if the next album sale for that band means the difference of them having a meal tomorrow then buy there album and maybe a shirt! but if that band has money (larse ulrich...Greg Ginn.....) THEN DOWNLOAD THAT SHIT"
    Piracy you can fight it, but it will NEVER go away...

19. nclpw

May 25, 2012

I agree. I don't get why they would want their music not to be accessible to as many people as possible. I'm also far more willing to pay for something when they give it away for free haha, like the bands on bandcamp where you name your price for the album or download individual tracks. I've "donated" lots to bands on there, and I'm more willing to pay for a band thats not already cashing in from merch and all that because they're famous(and no, not talking about punk bands here, I know there aren't that many that live like super stars. Except Green Day maybe, but I don't know if thats even considered punk).

I still haven't bought any cds directly from any bigger punk bands though, I don't even know how much they get for it when you buy them through discogs or any sites like that, so the few cd's I do own from the older bands are thrifted. I guess I should get better at doing research, but if I were to start buying all the albums I have on my computer I wouldn't even know where to start(and I`d probably not afford that).

20. AleisterChrist

Dec 9, 2012

I pretty much agree with all you guys, I'm into paying for music AS LONG AS IT"S FOR FUCKING SALE, these recordings I'm looking for can't be found anywhere. If I could buy them I would. So anyway, if anyone has the Police Story or Spray Paint Live EPs and is willing to share them, please let me know.