Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

AGAINST EMPIRE? Can somebody please send me some links to some of their albums?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Podrasky, Jan 7, 2011.

1. Podrasky

Podrasky New Member New Member

Oct 15, 2010

Hey,
    I'm Chance. I just recently moved from my hometown of Los Angeles where I've lived most all of my life to a real small town about 40 miles from sacramento. So far I havn't found a single person with similar music tastes.. I'm really into anti-folk..folk punk..whatever you like to call it. My dad was in a punk band when he was young and later became a folk musician and so I grew up with that and as I've gotten older I've really embraced his music and sort of melded it with my style and gotten really into it, so I was really happy when I found bands like This Bike Is A Pipe Bomb and Mischief Brew, Folk the Police etc..although tooo many of these 'folk punk' bands have extremely annoying , extremely whiny singers who seem to think they are super intellectual and articulate but are far from it . Anyway, since I moved I've lost all my music ( i came here with only a backpack with a change of clothes, a few books, zero dollars and my last fix of dope ( i moved to get clean of a 5 year heroin habit ) So I'm trying to get back alot of my favorite stuff and I've been dying to hear some of my old favorites. I grew up with all of the guys from Against Empire and can remember going to the first gig and getting drunk with the other 3 or 4 people that showed up for their set haha. I would ask them for some copies but since I've moved i've sort of lost contact and don't have any of their numbers anymore. i would really appreciate it if any of you have some of their albums to send me some links to some downloads..I don't really want a ton of their stuff on here considering I would still like people to support them by buying SOME of their stuff atleast considering they are great guys and really put alot of work into what they do. Obviously I have the Iskra split because it's the only stuff of theirs thats in the download section but if somebody could send me some links to download ANY of the other albums like threat to existence, the ones who bear the scars or desctructive systems collapse e.p, that would be awsome. Sorry for the novel, didn't realize I wrote so much, think I drank too much coffee. Oh, and if anyone is in the Sacramento area let me know so I can maybe start to meet some cool people and find some good shows.Thanks -Chance

P.S: If you don't have any of their albums and havn't heard them yet..check against empire out..and while your at it check out some of the bandmembers other projects like dogsholylife. Heres a video of against empire playing one of my favorite songs of theirs thats actually on the iskra split bring the war home thats in the download section so go grab it if you dig the video.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/csP1Q0Amj5g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/csP1Q0Amj5g?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

2. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

3. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

actually doing some uploads to mediafire i might be wrong - but does the "The Ones That Bear The Scars..."-link work? i only got at "deleted file" message - cheers!

and stupid me forgot: WELCOME Podrasky & good luck! :thumbsup:

4. JackNegativity

JackNegativity Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 9, 2010

It's possible, they're not my files. i got them from an old blog and didn't download them. If they don't work I'll look for some that do.