Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Nux Vomica - Asleep In The Ashes

Discussion in 'Anarcho-Punk music albums downloads' started by CrustyElmo666, Apr 7, 2010.

1. CrustyElmo666

CrustyElmo666 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Oct 12, 2009

Well About frickin' time! So no one else posted it this whole time my computer's been on the fritz, really? really? Good GOLLY gosh!?
    Well here it is at last and damn is it worth it, I wanted to type up the lyrics (which are not to be missed) for ya before I posted it here but I never got around to it :/ Anyway I highly reccomend anyone who has got the means to spring the money for the whole package, because the artwork truely is quite remarkable....

DOWNLOAD LINK

Login or register to view download link (it's free!)
      External download. Please report any broken link by posting a reply to this thread.

1.Where Minds Can't Grow
    2. The Invasion
    3. The Discussants
    4. Walk Through The Ashes
    5.Corpses With Egos
    6. Kaumaha

RECORD INFORMATION

Asleep In The Ashes
    Release Date : 2009

500 pressed, all on the same color combination of one blue with yellow splatter record and one gold with pink splatter record. Issued in gatefold sleeve with accompanying booklet. Also pressed as a CD, limited to 500 in standard jewel cases.
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Nux Vomica Biography

Crust/Metal band from Portland, OR USA. Started in 2003 in Baltimore, Maryland, later relocating to Portland.

Lineup:
    Just Dave - Vocals, Percussion, Sampling
    Tim Messing - Guitar, Vocals
    Chris Control - Guitar, Vocals
    Danny - Bass
    Zacrilege - Drums

Former members:
    Ben - Bass, Vocals
    Marty Pants - Drums

---

There are several bands with this name:

1) An Epic Punk/metal crust band from Baltimore, Maryland that began in late 2003. They later relocated to Portland, Oregon. Their 7"ep The Uninspired is available from Firestarter Records. Their LP/CD A Civilized World is out now and available from Aborted Society Records. They are also on the compilation Baltimore's Dirt and Grime released by Dysphoria Distro.

In 2009 the band released their 2xLP/CD, Asleep in the Ashes on Aborted Society Records.

Ex members of Wake up on Fire, 2am Revolution, Ochlocracy, Dawn Treader, Apache Resistance, Control, the Dirty Eyes, the Crab Mallots, Stave, Label Me Dead, Free to Die, Cognitive Dissonance, Creed, Stone Temple Pilots, Slipknot, Kid n' Play, and Sonny and Cher. And if you count our roadie, Dave Tedder, A//Political.

Current members of 57 Octaves Below, Back Alley Justice, Falluja, Abrakadabra, Rotting Sky. Tim Messing also has a solo project he likes to call "Tim Messing".

2) Reggae band from Nissa/Nice, France

3) Nux Vomica is a sound art musical trio based in San Francisco, California, USA. The present members of Nux Vomica have been performing together, as a unit, for the past seven years. Each with a unique and active history within the experimental music field.

Nux Vomica utilize sound processing, electronics, found sounds, and aural sculpture to achieve a unique and trance like sound environment. The sounds travel from peaceful to terrifying containing elements from the ethno-influenced to industrial and create a personal soundtrack for the individual listener.

Nux Vomica has involved themselves in the recording of at least 12 releases within the US and three available on cassette labels within Italy and Sweden and the U.K. Their pieces have appeared on over 30 experimental music compilations. They have contributed to sound tracks of films and have produced several experimental films themselves as part of their multi media performances. These performances usually include the utilization of sound and vision for the purpose of allowing the audience to drift beyond the performance space to become more involved mentally with the performance. The current performance includes dual slide projection as well as full screen video projection designed by the members of Nux Vomica. It is a dreamscape painted before the eyes of the audience with both light and sound.

In 2007, Nux Vomica is beginning it's 17th year of sound art production as a team, in the Bay Area.

4) Band from München, Germany

Read More...
    Disclaimer: this biography was gathered automatically through an external music database and could be inaccurate. We don't control the information found here.

Label - Aborted Society Records

DIY hardcore punk/crust label from Seattle, WA USA. Established in 2000, specializes in underground melodic crust / punk from the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
  2. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
    Got these LPs, super awesome stuff. You are absolutely right about the artwork, I want to put it somewhere visible, but I don't want it get fucked up by dust in here :D