Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Honey Bane/Fatal Microbes

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by anthony walton, Aug 2, 2022.

1. anthony walton

anthony walton New Member New Member

Aug 2, 2022
    Male
    England, United Kingdom  United Kingdom
    Hey Everyone!
    I'm sure she needs no introduction here, but I am here to help make people aware of Honey's up and coming activities which I will post here. I have worked with Ms. Bane for many years, and we are getting some exciting projects underway. We aren't allowed to say anything yet, as it's the rules of a particular events, but we have something really stunning coming up next year, that involves one of Honey's early single releases.

As many will know, her iconic, You Can You Be EP (and Crass' debut release) was repressed on 12" vinyl recently with remastered audio.

Honey was well known for being one of music's biggest rebels and rising stars. Starting out with her own band, Fatal Microbes (which included Vi Subversa's two children, Pete Fender and Gem Stone). After recording the acclaimed You Can Be You with Crass, she was spotted by Jimmy Pursey, whom was doing a talent scout and introduced her to EMI. Despite what wikipedia states, Honey was never managed by Pursey. She was pushed towards a more pop image by EMI, who wanted her to appeal to a more teenage girl audience, thus loosing some of her punk followers. EMI and Honey Bane fought like cat and dog over the style of music she was to put out. EMI got their own way each time, and the result was often lackluster, but demonstrated Bane's writing skills nonetheless. The angry teenager soon stuck twos up to her record label bosses and terminated her contract early, choosing to take a back seat from fame. She has returned in recent years, albeit in a limited capacity, but she is working on some excited projects!

You can visit Honey's website for more info and some previously unpublished photos:
    www.honeybaneofficial.com

HB789.jpg

6 members have read this thread this month

1. anthony walton
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. saltasatelites
  4. rejects
  5. Starfighter
  6. Max Genius