Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

SxE, Vegetarianism, Veganism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Outlaw_(A)_Punk, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Its his opinion, but more over, its a fact, your not a vegetarian if you eat seafood, plain and simple. Its like someone saying their vegan but they eat honey

2. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Yeah that one i have never understood... honey is natural, a part of nature, and no bees die as a result of making honey. Oh well. All it is is bee barf.

-the anxietist

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    Yes you are right... pesco is fish... my bad.... and lets not forget Lacto-Vegetarians, who drink milk.

So many labels, so many dividing lines...

-the anxietist

4. theoldpunk

theoldpunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 19, 2009

http://www.vegansociety.com/animals/exp ... n/bees.php

5. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

I don’t apply it to all vegans, just specifically vegans who ARE extremist fanatics.

This is a perfect example of fuzzy minded thinking. Yes, the meat industry is part of the capitalist system, so are the companies that made everything you are wearing and the computer you are typing on. When you are buying a computer or a pair of socks, in no way are you participating any less in the capitalist economy.
    For you’re information it’s not that I don’t care about animals, I’m simply able to separate emotion and logic.

Because there is ample evidence of it. “Animal rights” fanatics repeatedly and routinely choose their pet cause (No pun intended.) over opposing the war, human rights, etc. The take energy away from where it is most needed and waste time. It’s counterproductive.

[/quote]

I want to put this in context. This is your response to a post I made about developing cures for AIDS and cancer. You think that’s’ "anti-Anarchist"?! I guess then the real Anarchist thing to do is just die when you get a disease, that’s intelligent. That brings me to the statement about vivisection. If not for vivisection we would not have most of the life-saving technologies we have today. Most of us would not be alive without those technologies. Vivisection was specifically key to perfecting organ transplants. Are you saying if you needed a heart or kidney you would choose death? What does that accomplish?

You’re the only one who is confused. I’ve routinely posted what I observe to be some of the most clear and cohesive statements on this forum. You don’t own Anarchism, and you certainly don’t own punk rock. Honestly, I don’t even think you sufficiently understand what I believe to judge. Feel free to read my posts, maybe you’ll see why you’re wrong.

6. Hex

Hex Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 22, 2009

wait wut? Its not clear to me!lol
    i'm not trying to derail the topic or anything, but where is there any reported wild living humans adhering to a strict vegan diet? without industrial agriculture, (which is unsustainable) i believe veganism to be impossible. i would love to be proven wrong on this! really i would, that's not sarcasm. i would be seriously psyched to hear of any incidence of a purely vegan gatherer society you could provide.

7. seitan

seitan Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009

No, its not my opinion. The definition of vegetarian is someone who doesnt eat meat.

8. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

I cannot give you any evidence, i just thought it would be obvious that a human could survive with fruits, vegetables etc. I am not suggesting soya milk ;)

9. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

I want to put this in context. This is your response to a post I made about developing cures for AIDS and cancer. You think that’s’ "anti-Anarchist"?! I guess then the real Anarchist thing to do is just die when you get a disease, that’s intelligent. That brings me to the statement about vivisection. If not for vivisection we would not have most of the life-saving technologies we have today. Most of us would not be alive without those technologies. Vivisection was specifically key to perfecting organ transplants. Are you saying if you needed a heart or kidney you would choose death? What does that accomplish?

You’re the only one who is confused. I’ve routinely posted what I observe to be some of the most clear and cohesive statements on this forum. You don’t own Anarchism, and you certainly don’t own punk rock. Honestly, I don’t even think you sufficiently understand what I believe to judge. Feel free to read my posts, maybe you’ll see why you’re wrong.[/quote]

I wasnt going to reply to this post of yours, but didnt want you to think i was ignoring it.
    Im not going to debate with you, because i have seen the pointless posts you make, its very tedious and i really cant be bothered any more. Ive had discussions with people like yourself way too much overthe years, and its very tiresome.

10. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Translation: "I don't have anything intelligent to say."

11. seitan

Nov 7, 2009

If that makes you feel better, yes.

12. subversive

subversive Member New Member

Nov 13, 2009

I am vegetarian though if get it dumpster diving its fine.

I drink and take drugs its all fine till it comes to being dependent or escape from situations. Do it because you enjoy it not because you need to.

No problem with the whole straight edge thing apart from when its being preached at me, I have no interest in changing my lifestyle.

13. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

Where do the drugs come from tough? That's something you always have to consider. And if you smoke ciggarettes, you're only strengthening the corrupt lobbyists, and making our governemnt all the more heinous. I'm not trying to bash on you, because morally, you're completly right, drugs are fine for a particular person as long as they don't become a problem, eg, a pint of tar in your lungs after a pack a day for about a year...

But just think about the politics of it all.

14. BlinkoChrist

BlinkoChrist Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 1, 2009

And also, please don't get the impression I'm tring to preach to you, or convert you too straight edge (which I'm not). I have no room too, I'm just some crazy teenager, I'm only trying to get you to think that's all.

15. subversive

subversive Member New Member

Nov 13, 2009

That would be telling, one man alone for pills, only person I trust as he makes them and takes them himself and knows about the science of it he isn't a bullshit merchant either. I'm not a smoker filling my lungs with carcinogens has no interest to me, so yeah the whole smoking thing has always amused me as well, then again I drink, so taking that angle is very hypocritical knowing where all my alcohol comes from.

16. PsychoHyena

PsychoHyena Active Member Forum Member

Dec 11, 2009

Although i do not drink, take any drugs, or eat meat. I wish not to apply the label 'Straight Edge' to myself anymore. As it has become rather much a bane to do so. Anymore it seems that the fellows who poked fun at me for the 'x' on the back of my hand in high school. Are the same folks who have donned flat billed hats and basketball shorts in leu of their previous tight pants and generic emo haircuts.
    They Posture about the shows with their new found 'Edge' as if somehow elite. I've seen them punch out sad shit faced drunks just for the fact that they were drunk. I've even seen a fellow get in a tussle on the count of his Leftover Crack shirt
    Straight Edge has become trendy in these parts amung the 'scenesters' As has 'hardcore' but in name only. For the music they label as such is really little more then the same music they played a few years back with down tuned guitars and gutteral vocals.
    It all makes me feel.....odd? yes odd is the word. Conflicted (then again i usually am) Sorta makes me want to take a whole lot of drugs just to distance myself as far away from them as i can.
    Veganism is also an odd thing. I had gone breifly vegan and found it rather hard to do on my meager/non-existant budget. You can afterall, only 'lift' so much of your groceries from your local supermarket afore they eventually catch on. Leaving you with only two alternatives really... the dumpster or the green as food stamps generally dont cover the 'special' vegan foods which lack the animal bi-products which seem to be in most everything these days.....Eventually, upon going aneimic and losing some twenty odd pounds i gave up. Reverting back to my simple vegetarian diet. It seems to me that Veganism is well... sorta..... for those well enough off.....better off then i at least....
    Anyhow thats it, just throwing in my two bits.

17. Carcass

Carcass Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 12, 2009

Really? I have food stamps and I've never had a problem purchasing anything. I mean, you can't buy supplements, but anything that's food you should be able to buy with food stamps. What state do you live in?

18. PsychoHyena

PsychoHyena Active Member Forum Member

Dec 11, 2009

I had gone vegan in Illinois before they started the link card program. Back a few years ago when they still used well.....stamps.

19. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

Food stamps cover vegan products, its just that it uses more since vegan cheese is like 5.95 a slice. And your not supposed to be able to purchase pre-made foods from the deli sections, but we get away with it all the time.

Also... i like to help people out, my girl is on food stamps, but what we do is when we dont use em (we dont eat much). For example, she'll buy, lets say, forumla, for her friends baby. She would get 50 bucks but she'd buy like 85 dollars worth of formula.

20. ampallang

ampallang Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2009

Im vegan and have been SxE. Now im not.

I agree that it is not sustainable being vegan if the world was less industralised. But I try extremely hard to get locally, the most i can.. I dumpster a lot of vegetables, bananas and bread. So that does help. Im trying to make good tasting oat or almond milk instead of buying rice milk from italy.

Sometimes its other methods are used to get food :)

I think it really depends where you live to how natural it is to be vegetarian or vegan, I have friends in bealrus who are vegan.. but I think they dont eat enough nutrition.. the potatoe and soya chuck diet.

As for drugs, i think if you live without them its much cleaner, but for some people its just a regular thing. I went SxE fr health reasons, but I get extrememly angry and hmm i was pretty angry after 3 months of SxE, so i started drinking and smoking again. But I also dont like paying tax on alcohol, so i prefer to smoke and if possible make my own alcohol when there is space.