Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Support for Gaza International Flotilla

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by russaddams, May 31, 2010.

1. russaddams

russaddams Member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Several boats left from various countries to give aid to the populus of the Gaza strip. Earlier this evening Israel attacked the boats in international waters as they were nearing Gaza, which is a violation of international law. There is no telling what this will result in on a large scale, but there has certainly been a widespread outcry against the Israeli community including large organized protests at several different Israeli embassy posts in several different countries. There are numerous sources to follow as information becomes available, but the majority of my knowledge has come from different sources on facebook which I will link below should anyone on here be interested. All of the people on the Flotilla were unarmed and non-violent humanitarians (one of which was a Nobel Peace Prize Laureate!) who ranged in ages from elderly holocaust survivors to some participants' year-old babies. Again, the purpose of the Flotilla was to provide basic necessities and supplies to the Gazan populus, despite the many bullshitters that claimed early on that many of the members had violent ulterior motives, and Israeli military forces attacked the boats in INTERNATIONAL WATERS. TOTAL FUCKING BULLSHIT. This is outrageous. Please check out the links below and find out what you can do to fight the very likely probability that America and Israel's governments will try to cover this incident up.

SOURCES:
    AL JAZEERA - SEE LIVE, STREAMING, NEWS FOOTAGE UNFOLDING AT: http://freetubetv.net/index.php?view=1YWxqYXplbmc
    QUICK UPDATES AS THINGS PROGRESS: http://smpalestine.com/2010/05/30/floti ... ed-at-sea/

VARIOUS FACEBOOK SOURCES:
    JOHN HURSON'S PERSONAL PAGE - INCLUDING LIVE PHONE BLOGS (HE WAS ABOARD ONE OF THE SHIPS) : http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pro ... =541019313
    GAZA TV NEWS ON FACEBOOK (UPDATES) : http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pag ... 5738102852
    GAZA TV NEWS' PHLOG (UPDATES): http://www.ipadio.com/phlogs/Gaza_TVNews/
    SAVE PALESTINE FROM THE ISRAELI OCCUPATION (UPDATES) : http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/Sav ... occupation
    GAZA FREEDOM MARCH ON FACEBOOK (UPDATES): http://www.facebook.com/GazaFreedomMarch?v=wall

2. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    The actions of the Israeli State have been outrageous for years, and many things are just now coming to light. They were in league with Apartheid South Africa for most of the 70's and 80's, according to recently declassified SA defense documents. They have no excuse for this new aggression, when holocaust survivors start telling you you're becoming fascist there's probably something to it.

3. deathbymissadventure

deathbymissadventure New Member New Member

May 31, 2010

no kidding! I am outraged at the current situation. To shoot unarmed civilians in their sleep and then blame it on self defense is just shameful. Add to that the fact that the victims were carrying humanitarian aid AND were in international waters...it is just too damn much. The world should be crying out right now. Where is everyone?? If Israel can do this to civilians from other countries, out in the open, in front of cameras, then just imagine what they are capable of doing to Palestinian civilians behind closed doors. Terrifying. The demonization of the Palestinian people must end now.

4. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

5. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    [video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhLqit8CZQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NFXq48VXhCI&feature=player_embedded[/video]

6. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    israel's president was visiting harper in canada recently... it's disgusting, he was defending the attack and said the israelian soldiers were right and were just defending themselves, blah blah blah... harper stated that israel's prime minister is one of the best friend of canada, how disgusting...

7. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

As of today I have been told that Twitter has banned discussion and posting concerning the Flotilla. So, if you're so inclined, I'd say some angry messages headed in Twitter's admin's direction aren't a bad idea. Thanks for all the info Ungovernable and QueerPunk!

8. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    yeah thanks for the info, looks like they banned #flotilla

wow twitter fucking sucks, wtf that's even worst than facebook and myspace now... they are clearly taking sides in a political conflict when their role as a community media is to stay neutral and not take sides...

that's exactly why we need to avoid big sites and we should have our own networks to organize and discuss

edit:
    hmmm apparently it's just a technical error.... it's weird it's not the first time this kind of "errors" happen with popular politics topics

9. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

Thanks Ungovernable. Your post was definitely elucidating. Maybe it was a technical error, but I tend to agree with you in that it's all very convenient, considering the circumstances.

10. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    as someone who is half jewish, i'm worried about a few things here, one that people will associate all jews with the horrible crimes that israel perpetrates, a rise in anti-semitisim, and all the outporing that may follow. That being said i hate israel, i hate how they just marched in and told the palestinians that the land was no longer theirs, and i am disgusted by the bad name the jewsih people of the world get as a result of all this bullshit. It's good to see there were holocaust survivors attempting to help the gaza, hopefully that shows that not all jews support israel. but it is true that jews have too much control over the media, and this twitter thing is an obvious display. It's just too bad the jews that are in control support such heinous acts.

11. metalpunx

metalpunx Active Member Forum Member

May 26, 2010

This. Granted, I'm not even half-Jewish but...

Neo-Nazis are always the always the first to exploit the crimes of Israel for their own means. There need to be more Jewish people coming out against Israel, even on a small scale. Hell, a facebook group "Jews Against the Crimes of Israel" would be a good, albeit small start.

12. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Check Queerpunks link: http://www.inminds.com/boycott-israel.php

there are plenty of jewish people crying out against the Israeli state

13. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

For sure Anxiety69. Obviously the idiot element will always jump to make a race/nationality call against someone due to the people in power that do awful things in the name of "their people." I think the best hope is that there are enough people out there with a sense of discernment to be preventative against any potential hate-crimes/etc..As far as a community of Jews against Israel, I know that there are lots of examples of just such groups. I'm not sure exactly where to find other sources pertaining to this, but I know that on my wife's FACEBOOK she has a gallery dedicated to photographs of Jewish activists that are against Zionism (such as the one shown below). Apparently there have been numerous instances of Israel turning their guns on Hasidic Jews that dared to protest against Zionism or for being Pro-Palestine. As far as what the future holds in regard to all of this, I know that a lot of upheaval is going on internationally, and I'm worried/excited to see what transpires.

[​IMG]

14. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

The following was a speech that I delivered to a crowd of over 3500 people outside the State Library in Melbourne on June 1st. They had arrived at the protest within 18 hours of it being called and the amount of people there outnumbered the crowds that showed up in London so I think we did pretty fucking well...so here's the speech.

"I am here today for the same reason that we are all here. I do not come as a representative of any official political party but I come as a member of the anti-capitalist movement, an anti-zionist, a member of the Jewish community of Melbourne and more importantly a human being.

Like all other military actions of Israel that that further maintain their apartheid regime I was utterly disgusted at this action in particular. I am disgusted at the lack of remorse shown by the Israeli government in their reporting of the incident which took place and I am disgusted at their audacity to claim that they were attacked first when it was them who had illegally raided the boat in international waters.

The vessel was carrying humanitarian aid to the people of Gaza. Don't believe for one second the statement given by Israeli representatives on national television last night that they would have distributed the humanitarian aid to Gaza as long as the flotilla unloaded at the Israeli port of Ashdod. It is a known fact that Gaza has little access to fresh water, medicine or food among other resources as a result of the walling in of their territory by the apartheid Israeli government.

Collective punishment of those who are already oppressed is wrong in any circumstance. Let me put things into context here, the way Israel reacts to Palestinian resistance in any form is not too dissimilar to somebody glassing another person at the pub for bumping into them. Palestinians fire tiny rockets that make potholes in the road, Israel responds with US supplied gun-ships and jets that level an entire section of an already fenced in region. It's like shooting fish in a barrel and yet they have the audacity to say that Palestinians are acting as human sheilds, last time I checked it was called "running for cover"!

It really is time that other governments and people around the world make an effort to boycott all Israeli products and boycott all companies that have investments in Israel. Companies like: AOL Time Warner, Apax Partners, Arsenal FC, Coca-cola, Danone, Delta Galil, Disney, Estee Lauder, IBM, Intel, Johnson & Johnson, Kimberly-Clark, Lewis Trust Group, L'Oreal, MacDonald's, Motorola, Nestle, News Corporation, Nokia, Revlon, Sara Lee, Siemens, Starbucks and Timberland to name a few. Let's choke Israel financially because they have to be held accountable for their actions and they must suffer for it like any other country would. The world boycotted South Africa back in the 1980s in response to their apartheid regime it's about time that we did the same to Israel.

It's and effective non-violent action and better still it won't get you shot!

Obama, the Nobel Peace Prize winner - for whatever that's worth - should be cutting off the billions of dollars in aid that is sent to Israel from the pockets of the US taxpayer.

One final point before I finish here today. I am above all else disgusted at the attitude taken by the supporters of the apartheid state of Israel and that is playing the card that they were once victims of genocide to try to justify their brutality towards the Palestinian people. The use of the holocaust in this fashion is nothing but an insult to the memory of those who died at the hands of Nazi Germany. It enrages me because I myself am the grandson of holocaust survivors. People here should also remember that not all Jews are supporters of Israel or Zionism in general and the act of criticising Israel is neither anti-Semitic nor is it an act of self hatred when it is done by a fellow Jew. Israel speaks for the global Jewish community as much as Al-Qaeda speaks for the global Muslim community and as we should all know that this is complete and utter bullshit!

But listen and take not when I say this; those who allow oppression, also stand to share the crime!

FREE FREE PALESTINE!"

15. russaddams

Mar 3, 2010

Bravo, Queerpunk!

16. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    bravo queerpunk, good point on obama the nobel of peace winner....

17. easy e

easy e Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 30, 2010

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 204881249#

i watched this documentary last year at a local college during the middle eastern film festival (which the college has, because dearborn michigan has the highest concentrated population of arab-americans in the country.)

anyway, i thought it was awful.
    the fact that the israeli soldiers would shoot at children for throwing stones disgusted me.
    just thought i'd share.

18. psychodelic

psychodelic Member Forum Member

May 29, 2010
     Canada
  19. QueerPunk

Dec 29, 2009

Oi my mates found some footage of me giving my speech...I'm the one in the red and black flannel shirt and cap speaking in front of the white van with the speakers on it at 05:10 into the clip till the end

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2xGMtEnXF0[/video]