Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Summer Squatters....

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Vegetarian Barbarian, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Vegetarian Barbarian

Vegetarian Barbarian Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 19, 2009

I hate these kids who think they are so badass cause they can hop on a fucking train and not shower and just use up peoples resources and then move to another location. All the while they bring their dogs that they treat like shit and dont feed and beat them. All the while STILL these kids have trust funds from their parents and they think their being so radical and awesome by having cell phone plans for their phones so they can call mommy and daddy when they need money for a fair from one city to another.

Squatters in Europe are so much more hardcore than anything in the US to me personally. At least over there they try to turn abandon buildings into functional squats. Most of the US kids are just middle suburban douchebags with no responsibility. They have this elitist attitude when they "come home" during the "summer" (after leaving in the winter, fuck the "snowbird" affect, thats just a stupid excuse for these assholes to use). And think they are so radical and anarchist. FUUUCCKKK YOU!!!!!

Your lifestyle and way of thinking----> :lmao: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

Mainly because you do nothing to help out and only add to the fucking PROBLEM.

2. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

haha there are not many fake squatters in chicago (that I have met), its a pretty tough city.
    although, as with every group of people you will get the fakes.
    i think its spiked in recent years because of the popularization of Leftover Crack

3. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

I agree with that 100 percent (The Leftover Crack Thing). Yea where im from its mostly fake, but when i was in chicago for the crust fest i saw a couple of squatters on a train who had blackberrys and were wearing all leather, but had Oi Polloi patches. I asked how they have cell phones and they said they paid for em but i didnt believe em much. But chicago is an awesome city!

4. meansofexistence

meansofexistence Active Member Forum Member

Sep 13, 2009

eh...it's always been a problem, at least for as long as i can remember. you just have to stomach them and realize that they will be gone once it's time for them to head to college and become "responsible citizens". i don't blame Leftover Crack as much as i blame a bunch of kids that saw a style they thought looked cool and decided to emulate it.

5. AtomicKhaos

AtomicKhaos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 16, 2009

true man. i mean look at us... we have the internet for fuck's sake. makes me sick, why don't people just go out and see each other anymore?

fucking drama...

but yeah. a lot of fucking fakers where I'm from...

people give more a fuck about some image to someone else to lie about being someone who sometimes has to steal to eat... D-Bags..

6. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

I wouldn't recommend squatting chicago anytime soon.
    aside from winter, the Chi-town 77's have been beating up any kid they deem "dirty"
    Crustys and squatters alike have been attacked in the past months by this gang of street punk assholes

7. TheShape78

TheShape78 Member New Member

Sep 15, 2009

Oh, great.
    Violence for violence sake.
    I fuckin hate militant punks, or militant anything for that matter.

-mitch-

8. KnockItBack

KnockItBack Active Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2009

Off topic, I know.... but when the fuck (and why/how the fuck) did Leftover Crack become popular?

9. lax_punk_sneakz

lax_punk_sneakz Active Member Forum Member

Sep 21, 2009

even more off topic... i named a trick lacrosse play i developed 'leftover crack'... after this band, i found it very amusing listening to my players yell the name out before running it...

10. KnockItBack

KnockItBack Active Member Forum Member

Dec 8, 2009

Haha. In my opinion, the only thing Leftover Crack is good for is a laugh, so at least you got something out of them.

11. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

hmm this has not been alked on for a while..but im new so i got some back reading to do.

im gunna say it now i never had to squat beacuse i had no where to go. i have had a home. not alwase the best one or richest one but there was alwase a roof that i could go sleep under. but i have gone on trips. with a few freinds of mine. we got packs set up with soem bare minimum essentials and we hopped on the back of a train and bc here we come. but it was not about hey we saw some guys doign that it looked cool or i did not wanna be liek ya im gunna be that person askign for change ouside mc donalds. it wasent about look whats so ever.

it was about the freedom no phones no jobs no school no electricity just going. the winds at our backs and a whoel lot to see. we had to do what we had to do. we slept in parks and on the streets and where ever we could while sneaking into shows during the night and bumming change for soem food during the day before heading out to the next city. eather by walkign hitch hiking or hoppin on the back of a train car.

would you call me "fake" maybe i am not dirt poor but i still just want to be free. even though i came back to motnreal. and went back to job hunting here.

and on another note. i gota say i truly hate when people call others "fake" or " posser" or wtv you want to call it. i have read all over the board about peopel sayign they hate ealitest thoughs or what ever but isent that the same? i find it a bit stuck up? why cant people just elt one eprson live their lives while i live mine and you live yours. if you dont liek the way a person is living their live well ignore them? but dotn think down on them and think that they are not worthy of doing what they are doing. beacuse every one deserves to be free...even if they are better off and are able to use their money to bail them selfs out when they really needed it. maybe i just have a problem with lables in general....i just dont like them. when people ask me. oh ur a punk or oh are you gay or are you cathlic or what ever. i just say im brett. im me. and if u want to know what that is well talk to me. ask em my veiws and i will tell you them but dont kjust look at me and say im this and lisen to me say a few things and say im that.. im nto a punk...im not religous..im just brett......

FUCK I MISSED MY BUS!

HAHAHAH i really liekd the emitions some one used before..... :lmao: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: thats fuckign great it really worked with what you were sayign hahahahahahah

12. Vegetarian Barbarian

Oct 19, 2009

when people thought it was cool to be squatting. I actually blame this band and their whole "crack rock steady 7" for breeding these summer squatters and posers.

13. Repeatedhumanstrikes

Repeatedhumanstrikes Member New Member

Jan 30, 2010

Whats wrong with militancy? If we truly wish to see a world radically different from the one we live in militant shit is going to happen. Lifestyle choices ie: dumpstering, squatting, being vegan, etc. will not bring about any real change in the world. Most of these lifestyles have found a comfortable position within the realm of capitalism. For example, squatting has existed ever since real estate has existed and obviously the comodification of the land we live on has not stopped. These lifestyles present merely an alternative form of life that can co-exist quite nicely with the current order. It's only when we create forms of life that are completely in conflict with the existing order (meaning forms of life that CANNOT exist within the existing order) that revolution happens. Pacifism and non violence will not bring this about because all movements that refuse confrontation with the state will be eventually be co-opted and recuperated into the existing order. We are in the middle of a war that was started long before anyone who is currently alive was born and all pacifism and non-violence does is ignore that this social war is happening.

14. Eroneouse

Eroneouse Member Forum Member

Apr 15, 2010

Squatters have my respect, soap dodgers are just funny little people living someone elses nightmare because their own lives are too safe and jaded thanks to parental cushions softening the blows.

15. razoir

razoir New Member New Member

Sep 21, 2009

i agree with the hole summer squatter thing but why are you talking about poser wen your on your computer not doing anything usefull i mean its not really better to go on computer with is a capitalist tool to talk about ``poser summer squatters``. the little bad ass fashion punks just need to to be tought what anarchy and freedom is really about. And about having leather and a oi polloi patch well i am for animal liberation but when i find a leather jacket in some garabage well i pick it up and use it, i think its better to reuse leather than to trow it away. but i got to say some idiots just dont know what there talking about. LEARN//TEACH ANARCHY//PEACE

16. DZA

DZA Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 30, 2010

LOL you think they did it intentionally?

17. Carlos

Carlos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 1, 2010

talking about squatters and such, have you guys ever read the book Evasion, great book about a straight-edge vegan young man who decided to not get a job or go to school after high school, its got everything from dumpster diving, train hopping, and squatting, great book!

18. Saering

Saering Experienced Member Experienced member

Dec 18, 2009

Agreed.
    You know i can't help but wonder if those vast empty wal-marts are ever successfully occupied. :ecouteurs:
    Also i still get a kick out of the fact federal government recognized squatters as having rights in the 1840's. (what happened there eh?)

19. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    "summer squatters ... go home" :p

20. DirtyRottenThrashPunk

DirtyRottenThrashPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 11, 2010

Oh man a while ago I know kids who are not even close to punk who listen to them, and kids who got into punk through them. Something else shitty about this is that these kids think Crust Punk = "Crack Rock Steady"/Skacore. That just pisses me off. FUCK, listen to Electro-Hippies, Nausea, Doom, Amebix, and THEN come talking about Crust Punk to me. That said, I like LoC allright...however Choking Victim were a lot better (and actually my favourite Skacore/Ska-punk/SKa-anything band)