Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Subjective Fascism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Pseudo_Minds, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Wid

Wid Member Forum Member

Apr 25, 2010

Whilst I understand the sentinments of the starter of this thread in the first post I think it is importnat to note the difference between the stories fascists tell about themselves and their historical function, and the actual function played by fascism. In fact, fascism undermines the ultimate liberal lie that if we only "listen to the stories people tell about themselves" we will all forgive and get on. Fascists don't believe this for a moment (they are ready to cast refugees from horific violence into 'outer darkness', for example), and nor should we, since no one imagines that after hearing the views of Hitler or (more importnatly) Goeballs, Streicher or Rosenberg, it would be justifiable to become a Nazi, or tollerate Nazism.

The historical function of fascism is to preserve capitalism in times of crisis. It is a last resort of financial and media outlets who do not realy fear Jews or Communists, but need to make damn sure that radical democracy gains little or no ground. Fascism has always been derieded by elites when there has been no revolutionary potential. But as soon as stong social movements emerge, fascists get support from the rich both nationally and internationally. This happened in Italy, Germany, Spain, Portugal, China, Cuba and so on in the mid 20th century. It'll happen again where you are and where I am. Fascism is a great way of stifling the interests of the majority. We always need to recognise that fascism is always there to take over political movement created by events where we do not arrive and organise first.