Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Spiritual Anarchism

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by thoreau_me_a_bone, Nov 18, 2009.

1. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

what about we are the supreme being...

hahahaha, then wipe out all aborignals while your at your maxism then psuedo-psychiatry analysis...

2. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

wat about the pagans wat about the..., ya can't stop people believing in green men, u can stop them supporting the thing that makes them do no good.

3. raindeer667

Oct 10, 2009

didn't get it..

4. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

people wil always believe in green men or unicorns or vampires, doesn't make them real and you won't change some peoples minds quickly unless you are draconian which i refuse unless survival is in order but you can stop them following organisations that ask them to hurt or change others because they are not like them, ala the church, mosque.... i am all for athiest activism, an atheist doesn't force it down people throats, they just disagree vehemently generally it should be an excuse for war etc etc etc etc etc

i am honest, I am a philosipher so my mind wanders to thinking what if? but i do find most 'religions' full of shit but if was in a sticky situation maybe i'd pray but i'm not sure i believe in dog not from what i've seen and certainly most believers of religion are crap people with motives other than noble ones and i won't change my mind too a christian in a church or grouping as they are more brainwashed than I and that must stop! as it creates poison like fascism so on and so on and so on

5. DCLXVI

DCLXVI Member New Member

Dec 25, 2009

1.Do you think it's contradictory to anarchism to practice spirituality as a private, personal thing?

Simply put, no. You seem to be on the same level as I am, being interested in a range of spiritual practices, while not fitting under a particular label. Personally, I practice a concoction of of eastern spirituality and what most people call "witchcraft". Anarchy has absolutely nothing to do with personal spiritual beliefs, in fact, they coincide seeing that it's a complete personal practices free from dogma and organization.

2.Do you think that it can actually boost your anarchist beliefs to have some sort of faith?
    That's something I can't form an opinion on. I was interested in spirituality long before politics, but I can say that it gives me a unique perspective that most anarchists don't consider.

3.Is CHOOSING to believe in a higher power really considered a bad thing?
    No, but it's not something that you consciously decide.

4.What do you think of people like Tolstoy?
    I've never read any Tolstoy, so what I've learned about him has only been in passing.

6. Steiner

Steiner Member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

Since people have basically covered the first three questions in decent enough responses, and I recently wrote a paper about Tolstoy, I'll share my incites about him to the community to help people wishing to know more about him.

Tolstoy was proclaimed an Anarchist and Christian. Both these titles were a result of his Pacifist beliefs in nonviolence. He was a Christian, which developed his theories of nonviolence. He basically found a few verses from the bible (the beatitudes) and used those teachings as a rigorous moral code of nonviolence. Things such as turning the other cheek to violence (and not retaliating). Tolstoy wasn't a supporter of the Church of time, the Church taught that they would help a person find the teachings of god and help them achieve happiness, while Tolstoy felt it was a self journey and true happiness was found by yourself. Tolstoy became an anarchist because he did not believe in the violence produced by/within the state (for him it was Russia, but he did not support any government system). He saw the taxes people paid go into funding wars and the the structural violence committed within the state system upon its people.

Hope this helps with peoples understanding of Tolstoy. Take the information as you wish, and research into him more if you'd like. As my paper was about the nonviolence aspect of Tolstoy, you'll see his Anarchism and Christian beliefs are directly related to it.

7. oibobbo

oibobbo Active Member Forum Member

Jan 15, 2010

is spiritual anarchism what you do while you daydream at work all day?

8. TOMMY23

TOMMY23 New Member New Member

Jan 16, 2010

i think anarchism is compatable with spirituality but not organised religion

9. BeautifulChaos

BeautifulChaos Member Forum Member

Jan 15, 2010

growing up in a catholic family i can tell you those people are fucking nuts. Christians are just as close if not worse most of the time. i don't think that being spiritual "boosts" your anarchism. i think all people have their own definition of faith, and if not used in a spiritual meaning its not a bad thing. my opinion in a higher power is there isn't one. people just wanna believe there's more to life than just life. so we make up these fictional gods/goddess to explain things that aren't easy to explain.
    but i also don't really care what people wanna believe. its up to them. i just don't think there is a spiritual anarchism.

10. raindeer667

Oct 10, 2009

well i luv satanism and indigenous sorcery as well as science of survival....
    but why would i restrict myself to just athetism...

and when i seen ufos on the rez, and other wacked out paranormal phenomena...
    who is to tell me that was all some delusion when it was all under sobriety...

then again a hole in the sky isn't seen everyday... when sitting at the window hole in W/R az on a medicine wheels' north side using smoke... perhaps that opened it.

then i watched the mist emitted over the whole thing-which gruadually vanished.
    spiritual? no because i could see something. so it was something advanced or of a higher force.

spiritual could be the blue glow emittting out of a wash we seen, i wanted to jump the hill to see what the fuck it could be, aliens, skinwalkers, little people, ghosts. my cuz was scared so i turned to get him out of a barbed wire fence, only to turn around and the glow was out or gone or who knows what. out in the secluded terrain of ne az high plateau... blair witch style... ahahaa no cameras too fucking poor and deprived of $tuff...

anyways spiritual is a wavelength that cannot be measured, as i conclude. an religion is just wats left to depend upon easily... which religion was first? hahahaha or what is primary, i know quite a few know that answer- usually elderly indigenous or those ones who would never agree with carlos castaneda. And the lady who lived to figure it out because she left her body, and seen it all r.i.p. J.T.

Although in the near future there will be saviours all over the earth, because something is approaching-and it's not something of human luv-a conglomeration of quite the reverse.

This is just here, because my life is really fucked up right now. And this could be someting to just tripp too. 2012 was a stupid fucking movie... although devastating :ecouteurs: