Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

south-central PA

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by mad_corpse, Aug 16, 2014.

1. mad_corpse

mad_corpse Member New Member

Feb 9, 2013

Hello...I posted a couple times before, but never really introduced myself...

I came up through the 80s/90s DIY zine/punk scene. I kind of drifted into noise then experimental/drone musics finally settling into folk music. Later I kind of started catching up on some of the punk music I missed in those years.

I've always considered myself an anarchist/autonomist and age has not made me more conservative. If anything, I'm more passionate and confident in my beliefs than ever before.

South-central PA is a lonely place though - politically and culturally this place can be neo-con redneck to the extreme. I see more confederate flags here than when I lived below the Mason-Dixon line! We call this area the suspenders on the bible belt.

I am happy to make contact with folks of like minds from everywhere - but if there's anyone nearby (general York area) of like mind who wants to make noise, I'm trying to get something going. I have a couple bands going - one is political but the other fellow can't play live. The other is comprised of folks who aren't interested in politics... which is ok... but I would really like to get something going with people of like minds - something we could take live. Not sure if this is the place for all that - so I'll put another post over in the musician forum.