Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

socially anxious Anarcho punk

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by KillCops4Satan, Sep 11, 2014.

1. KillCops4Satan

KillCops4Satan Member New Member

Sep 11, 2014

hi everyone... I'm from Texas and there's only druggies and scum punks where I'm from so I thought I'd see what's up on here. Hope to meet some cool people =)

2. nodogs_nomasters

nodogs_nomasters Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Welcome :)

3. RememberGlencoe

RememberGlencoe Experienced Member Experienced member

May 12, 2014

Hello! I'm a little socially anxious myself, so don't take this next bit as an insult, please.

Is it just me, or are there a lot of socially anxious and/or misanthrope punks? Maybe crust just started as a ploy to keep people away (and upwind) from oneself.

It was either that or an Agent Orange reference. Slim comedic pickings for SAD.

4. KillCops4Satan

KillCops4Satan Member New Member

Sep 11, 2014

Yeah I'm pretty sure punk is attractive for social rejects since it has a pretty anti social attitude.

5. RememberGlencoe

May 12, 2014

Makes sense.

Shit, I could've made some kind of evolutionary comparision between spikes and porcupines.

6. Havran

Havran Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 22, 2012
     Czech Republic
  7. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    I think many, many people in the modern land of consumer capitalism have eaten up the message that the highest expression of humanity is to sell your labor off so that you can have a bunch of crap. People like us- people who have become disenfranchised with the vapidity of mainstream society- often have difficulty relating to the bulk of our cultures, so we can become a bit anti-social.

8. RememberGlencoe

May 12, 2014

Yeah, a vicious cycle of sorts. You cannot relate, so you don't associate, your social skills go unused/developed, emotion issues from isolation develop, lack of skills and emotional problem hinder further association, even amongst one's peers.

There's a chart about this somewhere. I could not find it on wikipedia, though.

9. nodogs_nomasters

Jul 15, 2014
     United States
    Personally, I don't generally have much issue socializing with people who are somewhat similar to me. I've been fortunate enough to have quite a few friends who "get" me, but I could see this creating social issues for people who were not so blessed.

10. 363

363 Active Member Forum Member

Aug 23, 2014
    Male
     United States
    I like this. Nice and concise :)