Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Smoking

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super_phun_tyme, Apr 26, 2010.

1. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

I HATE lighting my cigs with a zippo... makes 'em taste like lighter fluid 0.o

2. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Same, can't smoke joints with a zippo. Luckily I am a level 80 Mage, I can cast fireball onto the joint. Gives it a ball of flame flavour.

Yeah that's right, I just made a WoW joke.

3. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Meh... my first reaction was... DnD? AWESOME!
    We all have our geeky side XD

4. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

haha ya i have not used a zippo in ages. i like torches though. get soome huge hits from bongs with them. but when it comes down to cigs u dont need much more then a crappy lighter

5. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Habits are made or broken in three weeks, if you do something or stop doing something for that period of time, then you make or break the habit. This is a psychological fact. That is why all of the drug and alcohol rehabilitation programs are 28 days. (they give you the extra week just to make sure you've kicked the habit). The trick is then to stay away from situations and oppotunities that would force you back into the habit.

6. Wonder138

Wonder138 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 2, 2009

ya i like star wars and comics and im saving up to buy a storm trooper armor
    anyways
    my zippo just broke i like zippos but i prefer matches just allways run out of them and i fucking hate regular lighters

7. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

i unno man. it may be the gong amount of time. but i know it took alot longer to stop smoking holy cow.

8. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Yeah it took me a lot longer too. I think they also say it is also about the amount of time that your body takes to loose all traces of nicotine or drug in your system, so you no longer have the physical dependence but you still may have the psychological dependence.

9. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

the sad thing is the psychological dependence probably lasts an entire lifetime unless other forms of self medication (real self medication) are attained
    such as what some other ladies and gentlemen suggested, weed

10. rude-boy

Mar 12, 2010

yup pretty much...i love how weed is great for so much <3

11. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

Shit, haha. XD

I still play WoW, but on private servers. Pretty fun game.

12. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Hahaha, didn't really get into DnD, only the Neverwinter nights series which is based off the DnD system.

Yeah, used to play both private servers and the real version (on a break till cataclysm), Beyond-WoW (before it got shit with donor stuff) and remnants of chaos/chaos crusade were the best servers I have ever been on.

13. SurgeryXdisaster

SurgeryXdisaster Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 8, 2009

Maybe suggest WoW as a way to quit smoking?

otherwise start a new topic about RPG's

14. Marzz

Marzz Experienced Member Experienced member

Apr 27, 2010

Its nice to see my fellow Anarchists can enjoy some World Of Warcraft and DnD.

15. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

I take serious issue with how much smokers are being crucified. Here in Wisconsin, the statewide band just went into effect on July Fourth (ooooh the irony) and tavern owners are seeing significant decrease in business. And it's not even the cold months yet... It's crap how the state is essentially taking away the rights of the business owner to decide what goes on (and let's remember that smoking is essentially legal) in his / her business. And local business is now suffering as a result. I get the argument that non-smokers should be able to not breathe toxins in public places, and I have no problem with non smoking in restaurants. But bars... Come on. And now people are complaining to the city about having to see people smoking outside of the bars. Bullshit. I love how the gov is making all of these laws to keep us "healthy" but letting the pharmecutical and food industries run a-fucking-mok. A bit fucked, eh? What's new... Ok, I'm done now. :beer:

16. Entstellte

Entstellte Member New Member

Sep 30, 2009

I used to smoke cigarettes I rolled myself. Captain Black pipe tobacco. Then I just got lazy and started fucking buying Marlboro reds. Then I quit, meh.

17. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    good, i'm glad smokers are discriminated against, smoking is stupid and you don't deserve any special rights. especially the right to smoke in bars and restaurants where non smokers are forced to inhale your cancer causing chemicals.

18. jjk3546

jjk3546 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 29, 2010

I don't really think that taking any right away is ever a good thing. You have a right to not breathe in smoke and I have a right to smoke cause it's still legal. Kind of a catch 22. And the health risks of second hand smoke in (most) public places is greatly exaggerated. Especially when compared to the shit that you breathe in on a daily basis living in an urban area. But you live in California and I'm sure in the next ten years your state will have banned deep-fried food and ramen noodles too. :lmao: Sorry. Couldn't resist.

19. chaos-ad

chaos-ad Experienced Member Experienced member

Jul 9, 2010

i hear those things taste terrible and no one likes them

but what really sucks is that in the city, i live close by asheville. they made it illegal to smoke in a resturaunt, store, ect......fucking health facists lol jk. even though i do understand the health implications i still think it messes with peoples freedom. i mean not smokeing inside your fave resturaunt in the smokeing section thats just bullshit

20. Svartvit

Svartvit Member Forum Member

Aug 6, 2010

Having to sit in someones smoke in your favorite restaurant in the non-smoking area. That's bullshit. You can say whatever you want but that shit penetrates everything and it can ruin a good dinner completely. If people choose to make such an unhealthy and dirty decision that's fine but don't bother anyone else with it.