Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

SLF

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by NumberLast, Dec 25, 2010.

1. NumberLast

NumberLast Active Member Forum Member

Oct 17, 2010

I was just working on converting one of my old Stiff Little Fingers albums "Hanx" into MP3's and I was wondering, what do you guys think of SLF?
    Also I was thinking about hosting the album on Anarchopunk and I just wondered if anyone wanted it?

2. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

like the local 77'er-underground consisting of some of my favorite room-mates i really like/love their first album "Inflamable Material" especially for "Rough Trade", "Law And Order" - "Wasted Life" is my bf's and his best friends kind-of personal anthem, both are draftresisters/deserters - my favorite is "Breakout", putting my own breakout from my overprotective home more than perfectly into sound. somehow SLF caught many very personal punk key moments - including true romance like "Barbed Wire Love", and the sound is sooo fucking brilliant rough and unique, one just has to believe Jake Burns every fucking word he is singing.
    too bad later albums lacked this special quality, i think the live-albums are over produced and miss the pure frankness of the first album, i was a bit disappointed when i was listening them the first time.

and if there is any interest to upload them, i think we could fill any gap of the discography.

3. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    inflammable materias was pretty good, but i never got much further into them.

4. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Agreed on the great first album, flags and emblems had its charmes too, but I think SLF always tried a bit too hard to leave the regard "Clashs' little brothers" behind.
    And we could fill any gaps of the discography if somebody wants it uploaded. I think I'll do "Inflamable Material" - into the non-anarcho punk section.

5. DZA

DZA Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 30, 2010

I love SLF! Seen em twice and got to meet em cuz it was at smaller size gigs, the London Forum and Southampton Brook. They seem really nice guys, were friendly enough to me and my mates. There are some albums with too much of a positive vibe which I'm not really into, I'd have to say my favourites are Inflammable Material, Nobody's Hero, Flags and Emblems and Guitar and Drum. They're supposed to be working a new one... which will hopefully be out some time in the new year?