Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

SLC PUNK seen it?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Wonder138, Dec 4, 2009.

1. Lunadimae

Lunadimae Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 1, 2010

I disliked the film, the only part worth mentioning was when Steve-o made fun out of the people at the Liquor Store. Funny.

On the other hand, it was total shit. Too fucked up when it goes around with Steve-O and that girl of his, the first part of the film might have been ok but what's with the final part and the ending? Bob dies, Shawn gets fucked up, Mark leaves, and the other one too, so does Steve-O with him stating that he was a poseur himself.

Some parts were comical as I said like when Steve-O talks about Mark, goes to the Liquor Store. But nothing else is worth mentioning.

Chaos he says... Hah. They guy's giving a negative impression about Anarchy, especially when he was talking to that hippy guy about Order vs Chaos. I could say this film isn't even worth being watched.

2. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

I wouldn't say anarcho/peace punk has ever been pronounced, anytime, anywhere. This is one thing that bothers me, the idea that there was some kind of golden age, it's a myth. Whatever, I avoid such films cos they just annoy me. Repo Man I love, and Clockwork Orange ok, but they aint exactly what I'd call 'punk' movies.

3. DrunkSquid

DrunkSquid Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 11, 2009

No I haven't seen it, and I don't want to see it.

4. Sick Boy 77

Sick Boy 77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Mar 29, 2010

I did see it and I hated it. The acting was horrible and so was the ending. It's saying, "Hey, it's ok to sell out. Be what society wants you to be." All though it would be cool to piss of some judges and be able to get away with it. There are some good things in it but the bad out way the good. Too much to list. As for Suberbia. Great movie. It shows a lot more truth to the punk culture than a lot of the movies I've seen. As for the violence in it. It was never started by the punks. It was put onto them either by the two ass holes that pull up in the car or by a bunch of dumb ass red necks that like to kill stray dogs. I need to see it again. I haven't see it in a long time.

5. namptar

namptar Member Forum Member

Apr 5, 2010

I've seen it, its just a stupid movie that explain anything... just how the society and the film industry say anarchy : Drunk Punks and Violence.

!?!

shit

6. Adam182

Adam182 Experienced Member Experienced member

Jun 1, 2010

The movie introduced punk to me and i thought it was a great movie..yes i agree that it gives a bad name to punks and anarchy but it also introduces punk to people so its at least spreading the word of punk and anarchy shouldnt all of us punks be happy about that even if its not correct. i liked it and i thank that movie it showed me a whole world of new ideas, it showed me what i have always wanted to be i remember being 8 and telling my mom that i hated the government and that i wish it didnt exist (i would also add that they were a bunch of greedy slobs that want nothing but power) so i thank this movie for at least introducing me to punk and anarchy....

7. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    The funny thing was, come to find out he wasn't even born yet in 1985 :lmao:

8. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    i thought Trainspotting was a pretty punk movie, although it was more about the drugged out side...

9. j3zrahhh

j3zrahhh Experienced Member Experienced member

May 25, 2010

i think the message behind SLC Punk was that punks are hypocrites, like the last scene when they are listening to Rush and bob walks in and changes the tape "what is this bob?" "its new". i got the impression that they just followed trends and got stuck in punk rock...till heroin bob died, that's when stevo realized he was a poser.

(i'm not generalizing and saying all punks are hypocrites, but like the stance on un-conformity, and anti-mainstream seems a bit silly when we all the follow the same fashion trend...again, not generalizing, because not all people who consider themselves punk put the 'punk-uniform' on...that's just my personal opinion!).

10. Mandi

Mandi Active Member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

So im not the only one who disliked clockwork orange, and thought that SLC was trash?

11. centipede

centipede Member New Member

Jul 22, 2010

:lmao: I think it's definitely already been said but it's an alright movie with bad acting, and along with suburbia anything that tries to define punk in movie seems to miss.

12. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

I liked it. I wouldn't refer to it as a movie about punk rock nor use is in anyway with the title punk, but It was a good watch.
    Bad idea of anarchy, bad acting (but what do you expect?) but as far as movies go, it's enjoyable.

13. KAAOS-82

KAAOS-82 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jul 13, 2010

absolute shite. why watch a film about punks when you can live it

14. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

such a fucking shithouse film :ecouteurs:
    comparisons to clockwork orange are offensive.