Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Sid Vicious Sid Sings

Discussion in 'Other downloads' started by 1xAntifa, Dec 19, 2019.

1. 1xAntifa

1xAntifaExperienced Member Experienced member

Nov 22, 2019
    Victoria, Australia Australia
    Sid Sings.zip - Shared with pCloud

Solo lp by ex-Pistol Sid, before killing Spungeon and his death from heroin OD.

Tracklist
    1 Born To Lose 3:07
    2 I Wanna Be Your Dog 3:19
    3 Take A Chance On Me 2:52
    4 Stepping Stone 2:18
    5 My Way 3:54
    6 Belsen 2:11
    7 Something Else 2:06
    8 Chatterbox 1:51
    9 Search And Destroy 3:02
    10 Chinese Rocks 2:43
    11 I Killed The Cat 1:04

Tracks 2, 3, 10, 11 – 1st set, Max's Kansas City, New York City, September 29, 1978

Tracks 4, 6, 8, 9 – 1st set, Max's Kansas City, New York City, September 28, 1978

Track 7 – 1st set, Max's Kansas City, New York City, September 30, 1978

Track 5 - Studio de la Grande Armee, Paris, April 10, 1978

• Sid Vicious – lead vocals; bass on "Born to Lose"
    • Paul Cook – drums on "Born to Lose"
    • Steve Jones – guitar, backing vocals on "Born to Lose"
    • Arthur Kane – bass
    • Steve Dior – guitar
    • Jerry Nolan – drums
    • Claude Engel – guitar on "My Way"
    • Sauveur Mallia – bass on "My Way"
    • Pierre-Alain Dahan – drums on "My Way"
    Released on Virgin 1979 CD re=issue 1989

RECORD INFORMATION

Sid Sings
    Release Date : 1979

Producer: The Engineer. ℗ 1979 Virgin Records Ltd. Comes with a poster. There are two different posters:- first poster version - Sid with a drink (this one) [url=https://www.discogs.com/Sid-Vicious-Sid-Sings/release/7541729] - second poster version - Sid holding a knife [/url]Inner sleeve with photos of letters, newspapers etc.Sticker on front of sleeve.All songs recorded live at Max's
    LISTEN ON YOUTUBE FIND VIDEOS MORE DOWNLOADS

Label - Virgin

bPlease note, many Virgin issues also carry an EMI logo. This is not a label and EMI should not be added as a label, it instead indicates that Virgin was part of the EMI Group./b

Started by a4812584 in the early 1970s as an independent label based in London, UK. The record company l26760 and subsidiaries which used the Virgin brand was sold to l118508 Plc in 1991, the various Virgin trademarks however remained the property of l326037, since 2012 the imprint has been licensed from Virgin Enterprises Ltd. and is used by various companies that form part of the Universal Music Group.

Label Code: LC 3098/LC 03098 (may appear as "LCO3098")

The Virgin disc label designs/logos:

Roger Dean (4) was the designer of the original famous Virgin label with snakes and dragons.

For LP's following designs were used:
    1973-1974 white Roger Dean label
    1974-1976 coloured Roger Dean label
    1975 fawn & mauve Roger Dean label (V2037 to V2044 and some older title reissues)
    1975-1976 Red twin label with Outer White Ring
    1975-1976 Green twin label with Outer White Ring
    1976-1978 Green twin label (without outer white ring)
    1976-1977 Red twin label (without outer white ring)
    1977-1978 blue label with double Virgin writing logo (V2086 to ??)
    1978-1987 green/red alternative label (Side 1 / Side 2)
    1987-xxxx grey-white label

Probably the fawn & mauve Dean label should replace the coloured Dean label in summer 1975, but has been used only a very short time. The fawn & mauve Dean label hasn't been used outside UK.
    Red and Green labels with white outer ring replaced the fawn & mauve Dean label. These can be found on several Virgin albums outside UK, It has been used in UK a very short time only.

The green twin label (without outer white ring) is easy to find. It has been used originally in 1976 but it is also available on reissues of older releases. In UK it has been used till 1978, but in other countries (Japan, Spain) there are records up to 1982 with this label. During this period a few titles were pressed with Red twin label (without outer white ring)

The blue label with double Virgin writing logo is well-known on single releases but it has also been used on a few albums.
    The area of the green/red label ended in 1987 (UK), but in different countries it has been used longer (Spain 1990, Germany 1988).

The grey-white label is still in use since 1987 (UK). The grey-white label has been published some months later in foreign countries (1988).

For 7" releases following designs were used:
    1974-1975 black-white Dean label / white Dean label
    1976 blue twin label
    1976-1978 blue label with double Virgin writing logo
    1978-1987 green/red alternative label
    1987-xxx silver label

In some countries the white or the black-white Dean label was longer in use (Germany, 1977). Spain was the only country that used the coloured Dean label on singles
    (instead of the white or black-white Dean label).

The blue twin label (which has never been used for albums) was issued in UK only.

The blue label with double Virgin writing logo was used from 1976 until 1979 in the UK. In some countries it was longer in use (Spain, 1979).

On 12" only following designs exist:
    1978 - 1987 green/red alternative label
    1988 - xxxx grey-white label

CD label designs:
    Old CD's normally had a blue label (a kind of light blue layer on the silver disc) because the producers had problems with the printing on the blank silver surface.
    Some of the middle-old editions have silver labels with red printing. Newer editions have black printings.
    Read More...
  2. The Hat

The HatExperienced Member Experienced member

Actually, the jury is still out on weather Sid killed Nancy or not. Nancy had made a LOT of enemies in both New York and London, and there were many people who wanted her dead. Since Sid died before he got to trial, this will forever remain unsolved.

The first pressing of Sid Sings has a swastika on the record label. I was really surprised that Richard Branson would be so tasteless as to do this. Still a god documentation of the times, though, tasteless record label notwithstanding. (Later pressings just had a regular label)

3. 1xAntifa

Nov 22, 2019
    The theory I heard was it was actually Rockets Red Glare, their dealer, who committed the deed. He got a bit part in Sid and Nancy as well. Spungeon could also have rolled onto the blade in bed by accident or Sid did in fact stab her during one of their spats. We'll never know. I should've added the word the before killing. Didn't know about the swastika label. Nothing about Branson surprises me, he's a scumbag of the first order. You are a fount of information, I'm impressed.

4. The Hat

You've read Lydon's first book, so you already know how he felt about Nancy. If you haven't done so, and if you can find a copy, read Please Kill Me by Eddie "Legs" McNeil, and Jillian McCain. There's LOTS of information about who Nancy Spungen really was before she met Sid, including comments from Malcolm McClaren and even Leee Childers. (Friend of The New York Dolls, and manager of Johnny Thunders' Heartbreakers)I won't go into details, but this woman was universally hated and despised in the whole New York punk scene, so, as I said she had many enemies, and Sid might've actually been innocent, as the song goes.

Thanks for the comment, but I don't know if I'm really a fountain of information, but I do like to fancy myself as a punk rock historian. (I also still have a first pressing of Sid Sings on vinyl. I also have it on C.D. in case I have to sell the vinyl)

5. 1xAntifa

Nov 22, 2019
    From what I've read and heard,Spungeon was a leech to put it mildly. Doesn't surprise me that she was loathed in NY either. To my mind there would've been enough reasonable doubt for Sid to escape a murder rap if it had gone to trial. Funny to think that's all 40 years ago now. I'll have to hunt down McNiell's book as well.

6. The Hat

"Leech" You're being too kind.
    Definitely track down McNeil's book. Not only does it go on about Nancy, it's a good history lesson about the New York punk scene starting with Andy Warhol in the late 1960s, all the way up to the early 1980s. It's written in interview form, so everything is told from a first person's perspective.

7 members have read this thread this month

1. 1xAntifa
  2. The Hat
  3. Red Menace
  4. CULTO DEL CARGO
  5. punkmar77
  6. Revolution_radio13
  7. Betong Barn 36