Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

SHARP'S- The Dying Breed

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by PsychoHyena, Dec 12, 2009.

1. DCLXVI

DCLXVI Member New Member

Dec 25, 2009

About 2 years ago there were twice as many WPs around Tampa as there were skinheads.

2. monsieur b

monsieur b Active Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 17, 2009

Some boneheads have this "Racist Aryan SkinHead" thing...which they find very funny.

In a way, yeah, but then again I think that the whole "rudeboy" thing is way too much "acknowledged" these days. I've seen people go on and on about the rude boys, but I really couldn't care less about little gangsta kids from the 60's. Even though I do listen to ska, reggae, rocksteady and all that. What I think people don't remember enough is the influence of the football scene on the movement, I mean, in my own city, very few skinheads are into football (and I don't mean that american football thing, that's like sissy rugby or something)...but football groups, the chants and everything, it influenced skinhead cultures. The football chants are often incorporated into the music, it's one of the influences of oi music...and some chants really go waaayyy back.

I think that one reason for the emphasis on rude boys in the history of skinhead culture today exists because a lot of us want to emphasize the influence of blacks on skinhead culture, and therefore not be seen as racists. You know, the typical "skinhead aren't racist, look, we had black folks". And it's understandable that the whole football scene was bushed back a bit, because there was a lot of racism in the scene back then. Just in the 90's, Eric Cantona was hated by some because he was French (like when that poor bastard yelled "fuck off to France, you fucking French bastard!")...so imagine what it was like for black players! Anyway, my point is that I don't really make that big a deal about the rude boys, to me, they're part of skinhead history, but they've been given too much focus these days. Too many people spend too much time thinking how "ska" they're going to be or how they're gonna look when they dance to that really awesome ska band. They've lost the spirit...

A-fucking-men!

3. t-bag

t-bag Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 24, 2009

Alot of skins where i hang out,Some are sharps,some are Non Political. None cause any violence or problems. So it doesn't really bother me too much.

4. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010