Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Serious advice needed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dan00a, Oct 6, 2010.

1. dan00a

dan00a Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 7, 2010

I've actually been a street punk at its finest for the past six months. I wish i was kidding, but I'm not. I slept in alleys, on park benches, on bus benches, and occasionally a friend will let me sleep on their couch for a night so I can wash my clothes and shower. At first it was awesome. Panhandling for money, and just drinking it all away, eating three meals a day. I was actually making like 150-200$ a day, straight cash, and just drinking most of it away. Now I've finally got a job, and I moved into a new apartment, yet I somehow miss it. I don't know, it was just nice not having anything to care about, all I did (seriously) was drink, eat, beg for change, and go to shows. Yet somehow I felt incomplete. Now that I've got a full-time job and an apartment, I feel like I sold out. Wat do?

2. Veganarchy

Veganarchy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 10, 2009

well, you said it yourself, you felt uncomplete...so maybe it is time for you to look back and see what you missed when yo were living on the streets. I wouldn't say that you sold out, just becaus you got a job and a place to stay. But maybe you should start to think about what other things you are able to do now, that you couldn't do before. For an example, you could form a band, make a zine, star a record-lable, put up shows, organize political events etc. and if you do that, only posers would look upon you as a sellout!

3. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

oke, i think this doesnt have anything to do with "selling out" or pousers. thats stupid. The best thing you could do is start some organizations, or just sign up in some. Be an activist, becouse many of us cant be. Do something against this socity. Burn a police car, you will feel much better :D

4. dan00a

Jan 7, 2010

Fuck yeah, fantastic ideas. I think I'll try to get my old band back together. I wish we hadn't broken up, The Vibrators are playing in my town on Sunday, and there's an open spot. I'll just get a keytar and be a one-man band

5. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

6. dan00a

Jan 7, 2010

I went through a straight edge phase when I first got into punk, and I hated it. I went from straight edge to hardcore druggie, and finally got clean of all that shit. Now all I do is drink, smoke cigarettes, and womanize.

7. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

Well, Im straight edge, not becouse I dont like drinking, but becouse some of my frineds ( most part girls) drink to be cool, and pretend that they are drunk. So I decided to fight against myself, you know, try not to drink in company. Like testing myself can I really do that.

Anyway do you have anyone living with you ?

8. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

I'm BentEdge....nothing Straight about me lol.

9. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

BentEdge?

10. Mike Generic

Mike Generic Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 29, 2010
     Canada
    If yer not straight, why the hell call yourself "straight"edge!

11. dan00a

Jan 7, 2010

I have three roommates. We all share a house about six blocks from downtown. The neighborhood sucks, but people leave all of us alone since we're all crazy looking. I'm the punk of the house, and my other roommates are Ilyn (a bassist for a local band and a sortof cross between a punk and a goth kid [like a death punk kinda]), Tia (one of the bartenders at the bar I work in, The Castle, and a hardcore goth chick. She's hilarious.), and Colleen, who's really just....Colleen. The rent is like 300$ a month for cable/electric/water/internet/TV. We have no rules of the house, other than if you finish the last of the beer or alcohol, replace it. We're all chain smokers, so we smoke inside. I try to avoid smoking in my room, but it happens all the time.

12. Bakica

Feb 21, 2010

well..try to make some "rules" in house. like, clean house, dont smoke in house, and if you do open windows. try not to use internet for a mounth if you dont have enough money to see if it will do any good. Or avoid TV maybe. dont know how it is when you are older, if its necessary to whatch TV, but I think it sucks. Nothings good, except you can hear some news. And you can see news on the internet, or TV. so you dont need both. These are just..some suggestions, if you dont have enough money or cant find job. As for the "anarchy" part, ofcourse avoid expensive, unhealthy food, multinational companies, leather etc. If you are interested maybe in becoming a vegeterian / vegan. Its a good thing, testing yourself if you can do something, and helping animals. And you can join some antifa, animal liberation, anarchist groups in your town. But yeah, most important thing - enjoy breaking the system :lmao:

13. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

Well after I copped a bit of shit from a few fuckwits about being Queer and Edge I thought screw the "Straight" prefix. Yeah yeah, I know that StraightEdge really has nothing to do with sexuality but because there are those morons out there who insist on saying otherwise I use BentEdge to describe myself in that regard....as in I am Queer/Gay/Homosexual (Bent as opposed to Straight) and I don't drink, smoke or take any other drug with the exception of caffeine (Edge).

Now, unlike a lot of StraightEdge people that others seem to run into, I don't get too preachy about the whole thing because I see it more as being my personal choice for my own benefit on a few levels. I don't support the hardliners who tend to steer off into scary politic which verges on being a little bit Right-of-centre of Attilla the Hun.

I find that I tend to get more people asking me why I don't drink or do any of the other shit that other people do...which I find to be a slight double standard but I really don't care to be honest.

Can I make it any clearer than that?