Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

San Fernando Valley Autonomy

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by findingpc, May 17, 2011.

1. findingpc

findingpc New Member New Member

May 17, 2011

Hello comrades,

I'm fairly new to forums, but seeing as how I got rid of my facebook and myspace this will now be my main mode of radical online networking. I do like the smiley's! :thumbsup:

My ideals (just to be clear):

Deschooling Society
    After 5 years in and out of higher education and my 12 years in compulsory education, I've seen enough cracks in the system of education to see that it is beyond repair and crumbling into a stronghold of neoliberal ideology, authoritarian conformity, and capitalist consumerism. Recognizing that, I'd like to help spread a free skool/skill-share society, in which knowledge is shared freely and not monopolized by market valued investors. :@

Autonomy

Ever heard of a "bedroom community"? I didn't until just the other day when I was researching the San Fernando Valley, and in the description of the district I'm in (3) several of the communities are labeled as "bedroom communities," meaning these areas consist mostly of suburban commuters who only come home really to sleep in their bedrooms. This is obviously part of the design of capitalist suburbia, where we are so alienated from our own neighbors that we can't come together to resist the further impositions of capital into our lives. As an anarchist/autonomist, I believe we need to break this relationship by encouraging more public meeting spaces. Temporary Autonomous Zones, crafting collectives, Food Not Bombs, Free-Skools, Skill-shares, Reclaim the Streets, etc. all need to be explored in this regard.

Okay, I'm done with talking about myself.

If you're in the SFV lets do something.

P.S. Does anyone know if critical mass is still happening here?