Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Riot! San Francisco!

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by THEBLACKNOVA, May 8, 2012.

1. THEBLACKNOVA

THEBLACKNOVA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 11, 2011
     Mexico
    April 30th 2012, May Day Eve in the Mission District of San Francisco...

A Black Bloc takes to the streets.

This is what it looked like on the ground:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUZfMlQg-bg[/video]

these are some reports from the bourgeoisie media:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-St8TezO660[/video]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-5XMhZn8TA[/video]

2. chief sevenleaf

chief sevenleaf Active Member Forum Member

Feb 15, 2012

Without a coherent anti-capitalist message, circled A's and 'fuck this shit' graffiti will be interpreted as mindless adolescent violence. Actions speak louder than words; Just be sure you have something meaningful to say before raising your voice. Not trying to pick a fight, just making an observation. For example, the guy in the video that stands off with the shop-owner is only giving the rest of us a terrible image. I hope there as many anarchists out there who actively organize & communicate for social change as there are anarchists who just want to fuck shit up.

Anyways, thanks for the videos. Insightful and inspiring.

3. Derek Danger

Derek Danger Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 29, 2010

This is just more black-bloc-club anarchy gang bullshit and I don't know what you're trying to prove. Black blocs have a place and a purpose that is useful and meaningful. Out of context they are sad, thuggish and unfair.

Do I have a problem with mindless vandalism? Not particularly, I engage in plenty myself. What I take issue with is your designating yourselves a "black bloc". You've clearly misunderstood the meaning of the term, or you're intentionally misappropriating it to give yourselves the right or framework in which to act so childishly.

By appropriating that term that is meant to refer to a tactic used for protecting demonstrators in tense demonstration situations and repurposing it to refer to wandering the streets paint-bombing restaurants at random and destroying without creativity or construction, you make the black bloc exactly what the "bourgeoisie media" find it to be. Frightening to the working and middle-class alike. Confusing, unwarranted, anti-intellectual and unfriendly.

actualize_collapse likes this.
  4. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

And what's this crap of destroying people's cars at random and intimidating members of the public? How the fuck is that productive? Alienate those who might associate with you and intimidate those who might have listened, had you bothered to talk to them or cared about their fucking humanity enough to recognise their concerns as valid and worth addressing.

"LOOK AT ME! I'M WEARING BLACK, I'M SCARY! I DON'T NEED TO JUSTIFY MY OPINIONS. I CAN FUCK SHIT UP AND NOBODY CAN SAY ANY DIFFERENT. I AM THE MACHO ANARCHY GOD"

You fuckheads make me sick.

5. Bentheanarchist

Bentheanarchist Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Dec 10, 2010

Black bloc is about insurrection and solidarity. If you want you use the blac block tactic take it to the the police and the upper class bourgeoisie and state institutions not random acts of destruction. Creative destruction.

actualize_collapse likes this.
  6. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao:

:lmao: :lmao:
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

7. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Right there I'm contextualising. That's not my actual opinion, but it's how actions like these play right into the hands of the media. For fuck's sake, dude, if you want to argue with me just fucking argue. Don't mock and sneer, I'm not in the fucking mood right now.

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

9. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Fuck you, man. After a certain point you're just a fucking bully. Stick it up your arse.

10. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

I admire the guy that has been following then for a long time telling them to stop. :lmao:

11. @narcho-Skinhooligan

@narcho-Skinhooligan Experienced Member Experienced member

Nov 25, 2011

Hey Fellas, come on we are all Comrades here...
    & here I wanted to write something funny & something serious about that riot but I would rather not now as I would rather see peace in our ranks guys...

12. Caps

Caps Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 3, 2010

Derek Danger, I think most people would say there is a legitimate place for vandalism and destruction as protest and action. Obviously, it needs to be done in a productive and not counter-revolutionary manner but not many of us are going to dismiss anarchist action because it fails to achieve mainstream approval. I can understand your concern but I think Chief Sevenleaf covered it well:

13. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

14. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

Can you grow the fuck up, man? Pull your head (bloated as it is with the fawning praise of a gaggle of wet-pantsed teenaged ANERKISTS) out of your arse and engage me like a human fucking being, you vast, condescending shit.

15. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

16. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

C'mon Mar, the guy has a point.

Anywho, I'm not a fan of smashing random cars on the street. I mean, there's millions of other, better targets, why go for something that will turn potential comrades off? That, and you don't know whose cars those are...

inb4: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

17. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

No, punkmar is right. We should mock and deride each other. What's the point in being Head Anarchist if you can't mock your critics and hurt their feelings?

18. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    {pleure} :ecouteurs:

19. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Hace mucho tiempo te dije que me vale pura verga lo que me tengas que decir, no me interesas simple y sencillamente, tus ideas son ridiculas, tus criticas de otra gente son para masturbarte tu propio ego... me rio de ti para que no me haga daño el coraje. Las babosadas que dices para hacerme enojar (segun tu) no merecen que te responda...y si no te gusta pues vete a chingar a tu madre para otro lado porque me voy a seguir riendo de ti cuantas veces habras el aujero donde te sale la mierda... Salud meope

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

20. Derek Danger

Jan 29, 2010

You know what? Reading this actually made me cry. I've been trying to be more moderate in my discussion recently and more constructive and academic in my criticism, but I guess you don't care for that do you? I don't want to be harrassed by a person like you any longer.

You never cared about the ideas I was criticising. Only ever the people. And for this reason I guess it's fitting that you could never recover your opinion of me from the times when I have criticised your friends. Your scene is a scene of rock-stars and anti-celebrities. I guess I was a fool to challenge its hegemony.

I have never been made to feel so utterly worthless by somebody so much older and who ought to know so much better.

As for telling me to fuck my mother? How fucking dare you. I've made it clear that the death of my mother hurt me deeply, and that it was something from which I never recovered. I don't want to be bullied by you anymore, you heartless individual.