Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Returning

Discussion in 'New members introductions' started by Max Genius, Aug 27, 2022.

1. Max Genius

Max Genius Member New Member

Aug 27, 2022
    England, United Kingdom  United Kingdom
    Definitely had a couple accounts on this site over the years but it has been a long time since I was ever active in here.

So, I'm Max. I'm a mature film student and a musician based in the fly-tipping capital of the UK, Northampton. I'm also a genderqueer transfemme. Player's choice as far as pronouns go, although I usually self-refer (in the rare instances I need to) using she/her.

Politically, I tend not to label myself beyond "anarchist" although "anarcho communist" isn't inaccurate at all. Lately, I've been listening a lot to Ashanti Alston and Zoé Samudzi.

Also, I'm the lead singer of a wonderful little queerpunk/scumpunk group called The AIDS Grenades, and I'm a Satanist.

I know.. a trans, Satanist & anarchist in a band with one of the edgiest names out there.. would you believe I actually get on really well with my family?

2. Starfighter

Starfighter d(^_^)b Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Feb 16, 2011
    Male , 38 years old
    Malmö, Sweden  Sweden
    Welcome back again, then! :) Can I listen to The AIDS Grenades somewhere, do you have a bandcamp or something like that?

I would, because that's what families are for! ;)

3. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    Welcome back, Max. Interesting mix with the satanism. I used to dabble in it in junior school and early high school. It's what got me kicked out of high school in the first year.

4. Max Genius

Aug 27, 2022
    We do.

The AIDS Grenades

We're also on all the standard streaming platforms (YouTube, Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal etc.)

Most of the stuff available right now is more technopunk/experimental electronic type stuff, because that was the core of the project for basically the first decade or so of its existence.

But now we have a full band, we're focussing more on organic, somewhat more traditional punk rock music, with some metal and postpunk elements.

Here's a couple of recent-ish live rehearsal videos that are a bit more representative of our current sound (don't expect to see me this much in boy-mode in any future videos though):

Spike one of many likes this.
  5. Max Genius

Aug 27, 2022
    Where was that? Because I don't think schools here are allowed to kick you out for your religion.

6. Spike one of many

Spike one of many Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 14, 2012
    Banana Republic  South Africa
    In South Africa. EDIT: apartheid era

7. Max Genius

Aug 27, 2022
    Ahhh that makes sense.

6 members have read this thread this month

1. Max Genius
  2. Charger Bullet
  3. Starfighter