Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Results of the Australian General Election

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by nodz, Aug 21, 2010.

1. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Who can tell?

Proof that democracy doesn't work.

Unfortunately, now we go into a period of more money wasting with court battles to determine who gets into power. If the current Government is ousted, it will be the first in 75 years to lose after only one term.

Proud to say I didn't vote!

2. QueerPunk

QueerPunk Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 29, 2009

It seems that we have a (well) hung parliament.

The Greens got their first seat in the House of Representatives and there are 4 Independents who have the same who may determine which one of the two Major parties forms government.

For all shits and giggles I handed out how-to-vote cards for the Australian Sex Party who were running a few candidates for the House of Reps and the Senate.

The day was me standing about in a yellow SEX PARTY shirt with my leather vest, jeans and chain giving the Family First (far-right christian nutbags) a hard time and screaming out "KEEP THE GOVERNMENT OUT OF YOUR BEDROOM".

At least everybody had a laugh.

3. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

Well done QueerPunk give it to those Christian nut-bags, if it was up to them they'd be legislating on everything, you can't do this and you can't do that etc. More oppression, more legislation contrived by our masters to make our lives more bearable etc.

4. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Here's to a hung parliament!