Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Reproductive Freedom

Discussion in 'General political debates' started by Flores_Magon, Feb 9, 2011.

1. Flores_Magon

Flores_Magon Experienced Member Experienced member

Jan 28, 2011

It's the 21st centuary and females are still facing the same old mundane
    problems we were fighting centuries before.

What do you think? Should politicians keep their rosaries off our ovaries?

'Don't let the hand you hold, hold you down.'

2. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

Definitely yes - and personally I wouldn't consider/overestimate pregnancy as a serious problem, ok. only humans with XX-chromosomes can give birth - but the real problem starts after a child is born and the old role model condemns the "mothers" to do the job... and even the liberals's reforms didn't change that and never will.
    so free choice for all and fathers to the cradles!

3. ifona

ifona Member Forum Member

Feb 2, 2011

maybe its litlle bit not what the subject is about but few months ago in my countre there were debate about to give women parity, that means reserved for womens 50 percent places on the election list to he government. But it ends on idea :) there were to many daubts how put this in life
    Do You have in your country that kind of solution, ?

4. deancatlett

deancatlett Member Forum Member

Jan 25, 2011

I like what Bill Hicks said, "If you're so pro-life, why don't you picket cemetaries"

5. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
  6. Becomingsoil

Becomingsoil Member Forum Member

Feb 9, 2011

Pro-Life is an oxymoron; they're only pro birth and they don't seem to care about life until after it's born. I deal with their shit on a regular basis...

7. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

Giving women "parity" isn't enough - and quota system in politix would be like a head without a body:
    Where are 50% women in the industrial workforce, craft trades, technology jobs or even the army?
    The whole working environment is still divided into "female" and "male" sectors - despite the fact that physical work isn't important anymore thanks to technology and overall technical progress.

In germoney the matter is actually discussed - and I wonder where all the experienced and interested women should come from - to make decisions about economics and military matters they were never confronted with?

Parliamentarism became completely useless when politicians became professional career managers - what would it change it if 50% were women?

Thats why I want to abolish the state - so people can make decisions about what they know - their own life - regardless if it's xx or xy.

8. puck

puck Member Forum Member

Feb 1, 2011

i'm pro-choice.
    but personally if i were in the sticky sitch, i'd keep the kid.

The child is NOT alive, not even concious in the early stages of pregnancy.
    This is the most humane time to have an abortion, before the child is concious at all.

There are many circumstances where it would be better to keep the child from developing and being born, say if a woman was raped and in an environment where she could not take care of the baby.

i think individual situations definately play an important part in the final decision. and it should!
    but i am fiercely against using abortion as birth control. Really, you should have consensual sex knowing the risks, and maybe... idk.... use protection? theres birthcontrol pills, condoms, strange foam injections that actually work great as a lubricant.

if anything, abortion should be a second chance for the woman who was raped or accidentally became pregneant and truly is not ready. It shouldn't be abused (i.e. birth control)

9. Flores_Magon

Jan 28, 2011

That is an intersting point. Most (but not all!) of these children that do not get abborted by the parents
    choice grow up in dysfunctional homes and just get basicaly ignored after birth.

And the children more times than not, end up following in their parents foot steps and make
    the same mistakes they once did.

10. Becomingsoil

Becomingsoil Member Forum Member

Feb 9, 2011

And bend beaten or sexually abused.

11. vAsSiLy77

Jun 21, 2010

12. Flores_Magon

Jan 28, 2011

I love the bit in her policies-
    'Catholic Bishop Walter Mixa accused von der Leyen of turning women into "Birthing Machines"'