Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Religous views

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by colton_and, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Oh cool, I think I have basically answered this in my Introduction, saves me a lot of time.

"Then why did you say "we must understand out ennemy to fight it" ? You're the one who bring the other subject on this topic"

I think I was saying that in reply to the "go back reading your conservative theories you brainless moron". That was just me saying, well hey I do read some conservative theories, I don't agree with them but I do it because I want to understand it. I am a guy that kinda what's to know everything, if it is something I am against, you know? I don't dismiss anything until I know everything behind it. Just the way I am. But hey, want to call me a moron for being that way? Go for it, I actually don't get too offended because it is quite fun reading how pathetic those insults really are.

2. ungovernable

ungovernable Autonome Staff Member Uploader Admin Team Experienced member

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Yes, i have never denied the fact we must study our opponent to understand it, i have said myself that i have read mein kampf. But the positions of this website are clear and this is not the place to spread the propaganda of our ennemies.

We are not asking you to talk only about anarchism, we are asking you to not spread propaganda of our ennemies. Anarcho-punk.net is a tool to organize around our common point of unity, and everything i'm talking about is clearly explained in the introduction text. There are many other places where you can discuss nazi propaganda.

You should read the "who are we" text...

3. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I still maintain that paganism is a religion of a majority of white power nationalists, especially here in canada.

Here is the manifest of a very well known pagan movement active in multiple countries. They publish some compilations with a lot of white power bands and most of their members are nazis. They clearly explain the link between paganism and nationalism. If you see a link with anarchism then maybe it's you who should inform yourself. Paganism is a shitty religion for ignorants and it is a proven fact that it can be interpreted in many way.

Maybe it sounds cool to you, but it's a fact that they produce neo-nazi bands.

I could also post links to over 50 myspaces by nazi or nationalist paganist assholes from quebec. I didn't find a SINGLE clean pagan band yet.

4. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
  5. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

Although lots of nazis have adopted some pagan symbols and what not, it's not by choice of the pagans. Of cos there are bad seeds in paganism as everywhere else but paganism and nazism has at least originally nothing to do with eachother. Woodoo, hoodoo and other religions amongst original populations all over the world, no matter the color, are to be concidered pagan so it doesn't actually have anything to do with white power.
    Many forms of paganism also denies all kinds of authorities and let each and every individual form their own believes from their own studies, especially today when most pagans are a mix of many different religions/ideas. It's common to read books by Dalai Lama, to read bhagavad-gita, about esotericism, about mysticism, scientifics, and a lot more that might at a first glance seem contradictive, and to pick what feels good. Dalai Lama has a lot of good things to say but it doesn't have to be law for that sake.
    There are so many kinds of paganism, some do the ritual stuff and all of that, others just pay some extra attention to the first flowers of spring and the energy in nature that makes it possible for those flowers to come out of the soil only days after the snow has melted away and other small things like that. The ritual kind of paganism, often performed in groups with high priestesses, might not work all that well with anarchism, although the solitarian who is paying attention to the forces of nature (wich may or may not be concidered religion but still is by some seen as paganism) and that has no desire for organised religious practices, i can't see as contradictionary to anarchism. Then there are so many steps in between and it can be hard to draw a line but for that i think it's more up to the individual to do.
    Basically i think what is today by some called paganism, at least the looser solitary kind, is what others call new age. Again, there are different kinds of that too.

Part of paganism is wicca, and i thought i'd cut'n'paste what is the 'rules' of wicca:
    The Wiccan Rede
    (Full Version)
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bide within the Law you must, in perfect Love and perfect Trust.
    Live you must and let to live, fairly take and fairly give.

For tread the Circle thrice about to keep unwelcome spirits out.
    To bind the spell well every time, let the spell be said in rhyme.

Light of eye and soft of touch, speak you little, listen much.
    Honor the Old Ones in deed and name,
    let love and light be our guides again.

Deosil go by the waxing moon, chanting out the joyful tune.
    Widdershins go when the moon doth wane,
    and the werewolf howls by the dread wolfsbane.

When the Lady's moon is new, kiss the hand to Her times two.
    When the moon rides at Her peak then your heart's desire seek.

Heed the North winds mighty gale, lock the door and trim the sail.
    When the Wind blows from the East, expect the new and set the feast.

When the wind comes from the South, love will kiss you on the mouth.
    When the wind whispers from the West, all hearts will find peace and rest.

Nine woods in the Cauldron go, burn them fast and burn them slow.
    Birch in the fire goes to represent what the Lady knows.

Oak in the forest towers with might, in the fire it brings the God's
    insight. Rowan is a tree of power causing life and magick to flower.

Willows at the waterside stand ready to help us to the Summerland.
    Hawthorn is burned to purify and to draw faerie to your eye.

Hazel-the tree of wisdom and learning adds its strength to the bright fire burning.
    White are the flowers of Apple tree that brings us fruits of fertility.

Grapes grow upon the vine giving us both joy and wine.
    Fir does mark the evergreen to represent immortality seen.

Elder is the Lady's tree burn it not or cursed you'll be.
    Four times the Major Sabbats mark in the light and in the dark.

As the old year starts to wane the new begins, it's now Samhain.
    When the time for Imbolc shows watch for flowers through the snows.

When the wheel begins to turn soon the Beltane fires will burn.
    As the wheel turns to Lamas night power is brought to magick rite.

Four times the Minor Sabbats fall use the Sun to mark them all.
    When the wheel has turned to Yule light the log the Horned One rules.

In the spring, when night equals day time for Ostara to come our way.
    When the Sun has reached it's height time for Oak and Holly to fight.

Harvesting comes to one and all when the Autumn Equinox does fall.
    Heed the flower, bush, and tree by the Lady blessed you'll be.

Where the rippling waters go cast a stone, the truth you'll know.
    When you have and hold a need, harken not to others greed.

With a fool no season spend or be counted as his friend.
    Merry Meet and Merry Part bright the cheeks and warm the heart.

Mind the Three-fold Laws you should three times bad and three times good.
    When misfortune is enow wear the star upon your brow.

Be true in love this you must do unless your love is false to you.

These Eight words the Rede fulfill:

"An Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will"

6. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

Almost reminds me of the skinhead movement. When the white supremacists adopted the skinhead lifestyle, many people started to believe that being a skinhead means you are a racist. I still think a lot of people today are still misinformed.

7. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    I know that, but still, fascism and nazism was built on paganism (article i linked to explain that) so it proves that it can be interpreted in a lot of different ways. i don't see how something that can be one of the base of fascism can also be one of the base for anarchism.

Anyway to me, an anarchist is exclusively atheist. I see there is a lot of confusion on this topic about what is atheism, i remember having read a funny post that said atheism was about not believing in anything (not only including religions) like not believing the sun will rise tomorrow. Some peoples should read about atheism. It's not true that atheism word is not suited for saying we oppose in all religions and cults.

Atheism is the opposite of theism, and here is the definition of theism

Theism in the broadest sense is the belief in at least one deity.[1][2] In a more specific sense, theism refers to a particular doctrine concerning the nature of a god and its relationship to the universe.[3] Theism, in this specific sense, conceives of a god as personal, present and active in the governance and organization of the world and the universe. The use of the word theism as indicating a particular doctrine of monotheism arose in the wake of the scientific revolution of the seventeenth century to contrast with the then emerging deism which contended that a god — though transcendent and supreme — did not intervene in the natural world and could be known rationally but not via revelation.[4]

The term "theism" derives from the Greek theos meaning God. The term theism was first used by Ralph Cudworth (1617–1688).[5]

The claim of no knowledge, no faith or a complete rejection of theism is known as agnosticism, atheism or antitheism, respectively.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theism

It includes monotheism, polytheism, etc.. all sorts of religious cults. But it is limited to religions, cults, and things like that. Nothing related to what that guy said previously.

As for paganism, just the principle of following a cult with rules and guidelines to follow has nothing to do with anarchism. Maybe it isn't as strict as other religions, but you are still converting yourself in something, you are FOLLOWING something. That's exactly what anarchism is against.

8. Anom

Anom Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 21, 2009

I'm not saying i'm pagan, nor am i atheist cos i don't believe in nothing but i don't see myself as part of any religion. Was only trying to show that there are a lot of good pagans too, cos there are. I've met some of them, but none of the nazi pagans. I have read some new age literature and i find much of it to be interesting, but i don't read it as it has to be truth, but am critical and analysing of that just as when reading anything else. There are some interesting thoughts and ideas.

9. Axehandle Mountain

Axehandle Mountain Active Member Forum Member

Feb 26, 2010

You really are an idiot. I could sit here and write a thousand words to explain what paganism means, and how Norwegian/Indian mythology was perverted and twisted into Nazi symbology, but you seem to have the rationality of a 12 year-old, and it wouldn't be worth my time and effort. I don't want to be insulting, but it's probably the only method that will get any attention from someone so childish. It's disgusting that someone this close-minded and willfully ignorant associates themselves with anarchism. Please, spend some time maturing and educating yourself before posturing as an authority on philosophy or politics, because you've demonstrated yourself to be a blabbering fool in this discussion.

10. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Im forced to go to the church becouso of the chrism and my father ( "religious man") will probably ban me for couple of mounths if I dont go on chrism. thats another reason why I hate religion. becouse they say they wont force you but paretns force they children and the church is controlin,manipulatin with childrens parents. anarchy opens your eyes :)

11. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

I thought pagan just meant non-christian. I known people that into wicca, seems harmless enough. I got a lot from Tao over the years, though not sure I'd really call it a religion. Believe what you want, I guess, just don't make anyone else suffer for it.

12. Rhube

Rhube Active Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2010

Ungovernable, you are waaaay out of line.
    You're accusing anyone who opposes you of being a conservative facist.
    You're creating this uniform little box that people need to fit in if they're anarchists.
    Everyone's different. Everyone, even within the same group, believes differently. We can't all agree that to be an anarchist, you need to be in atheist, in the same way that all pagans aren't going to agree that to be pagan you have to be a nationalist racist fuckhead. (Minus the fuckhead part, I guess.)
    You're not ruler of anarchy, you don't get to decide that we all have to be atheists. You can't exclude people, because they don't fit your little ideal of anarchy.
    And yeah, in an anarchist world, Christians would still organize and create churches. Who are we to say they can't? Not everybody agrees on everything, they're allowed to have their beliefs, and practice them in whatever way they can, and whatever way they see fit.

And lastly, for somebody who's an anarchist, you're awfully dependent on rules.
    What I mean is, telling everyone to read the "Who we are" section, and demanding they comply to that and only that? Yeeeah... Is it really right to restrict them because you don't like to see it? You can't go around like, telling everybody "You can't talk about that here! It doesn't pertain to anarchy in this sense, this sense, and this sense. No, stop trying you justify yourself! NOT ALLOWED."
    Seriously. Live and let live.

13. Ivanovich

Ivanovich Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Jan 31, 2010

Yeah, init. Ungov, you been acting like dick last few days, what's up? I never noticed you being like that before.

14. Rhube

Rhube Active Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2010

This is truth. Generally you seem like a cool person.

15. Ring Of Truth

Ring Of Truth Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Dec 28, 2009

First of all you need to get some education you are a fool. Atheism means in fact disbelief in anything. I took a whole college course on the subject, and know that I have studied it more than you have. Oh sorry, if that disagrees with the propaganda spreading forums on the internet. I am just saying that the word it self has it's roots in the total absence of belief.

And on Paganism being a white power movement... oh fuck that means that all the tribes in Africa, the people of China, the People of Japan, the Native american (both north and south american) are all self haters considering that ALL religions that predate Christianity are considered to be Pagan. How the fuck can you accuse Pagans of being Nazis when the nazis didn't exist until thousands of years later. Pagan beliefs go back to the beginning of mankind. Just because some white power loonies decided to call them selves pagan doesn't mean that all pagans are neo-nazi, if we follow your thinking we are all nazi because some nazis use the circle A as a symbol and claim it for their own.

You say that following religions is following a bunch of rules... well first of all that is not necessarily true for pagans, there are as many different ideals and beliefs as there are people. And if you want to talk about rules you set more rules on anarchism than the government sets on capitalism.

Ungovernable you were once pretty clear headed, and had some intelligent posts, and I had respect for you. But this pretty much has caused me to lose all respect for you, and see that you are infact a closet fascist for your views on this subject. If we as a group here had an anarchist revolution I would have no doubt that you would position yourself as a dictator as you have already done on the forum in your close minded posts.

Anarchism is to think for yourself, and is literally the ideal that people can govern themselves without someone else dictating rules upon them. This can work perfect with pagan beliefs... but this can not work with ungovernable's authoritative style of anarchist rules and regulations.

Why be free if to be free you are placed under another set of rules, why not have a leader if you choose only to follow the words of others, why have anarchism if it means you are governed by anarchism.....

Be yourself, believe in yourself and your own ideas, who cares what is written in a book the only book that truly matters is the one between your ears. Respect and help each other, don't tear each other down, the government does that enough.

I hope this is the last I have to say on the subject.

And Ungovernable I don't know what is with you lately but you really need to chill out, I don't know if it is the overstressing of the needing a new server and all, but you need to respect people a bit more and not act like a fascist dictator, otherwise how the hell do you expect people to want to help pay for a server when they feel like you are just attacking them. Not everyone here is a sadist like my self and enjoy being abused ya know ;)

Also please remember I mean this with all due respect, and am not trying to offend anyone, and I guess if I have please PM me.

16. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Wow, what an argumentation ! No sorry, it's you the dumbass.

You're a religious fool, you need something to identify yourself in, something to follow. It's not better than a dumb christian believing in god. Your shitty paganism has more to do with nazism than anarchism. Anarchists doesn't need shitty religions to follow, they can have their own ideas without following a cult.

No you're the one who is WAY out of the line.

First, i haven't called anybody a fascist, stop lying.

Secondly, if i brought up the conservative thing, it is because this user posted a conservative propaganda quote in another discussion. It didn't have anything to do with the subject of paganism, we were talking about something else. Read the topic "an interessing quote"

You're saying bullshit, you can't read or what ?

I said "TO ME an anarchist is an atheist". A.k.a. IT'S MY FUCKING OPINION and i have the right to have it.

Wow you're a fucking idiot, an anarchist society with organized religions and chruches hahaha how fucking stupid. Please inform yourself and read about the history, the christian chruch was always the first ally of the bourgeoisie counter-revolution. In the spanish revolution they collaborated with the fascist ennemy and denounced anarchists, in second world war they were on the side of nazis, etc etc.... And do i have to repeat all the problems with the vatican and organized religions ? You are an ignorant dude.

An anarchist society with organized religions and chruches wouldn't be anarchism, PERIOD.

Your mentality is stupid, there are also anarcho-sionists and anarcho-capitalists and anarcho-nationalists will you tolerate them and pretend that we can't say they are fake anarchists ??

Again, you are an ignorant. The "who are we" section represents the collective political positions of this website, any members can change anything in the text. There is a popular assembly forum to review this kind of stuff.

In a real life anarchist society IT WOULD BE THE EXACT SAME THING and actually in all anarchist societies of the history they proceeded that way. Inform yourself, it's called social contract and auto-management, that's exactly what anarchism is all about. You think anarchism is about allowing anything and not collectively deciding about a common chart and "guidelines" ? then you're an ignorant. Anarchism is ORGANIZATION, anarchism is ORDER WITHOUR POWER.

You think we wrote the "who are we" text just for fun or what ? It's here since the opening of the website, nothing new, stop acting just like it was a big scandal.

So you agree that there would be organized religions in an anarchist society and you also agree that it is contradictory for anarchists to use the principles of auto-management to declare common points of unity ?

Oh really, there is college courses on ANARCHIST atheism now ?

You're the one that is the ignorant fool, if i'm a gool then maybe EMMA GOLDMAN is also a fool, one of the most notorious atheist anarchist of all time. Do you really think emma goldman was believing in the stupid crap you say ? Of course not.

Wow you can't read. I NEVER PRETENDED THAT PAGANISM IS A WHITE POWER MOVEMENT.

Ok so there is nothing to follow to be coherent on anarchism, so following your stupid shitty logic then anarcho-nationalists and anarcho-capitalists are also true anarchists ????????

There is many different ideals and beliefs in abrahamic religions too, smartass. Actually if you study the religions you will realize most of them come from exactly the same initial story.

wow you're a fucking idiot, fuck off dude you don't even know me, stop using the terms fascist and dictatorship everywhere you sound like one of those 15 years old moron who doesn't understand anything about radical anarchism. I don't give a fuck about your respect, i have my own ideas and that's all. If for you having different ideas is fascism and dictatorship, THEN *YOU* ARE THE FASCIST

Shut up asshole, stop insulting me everywhere and deforming everything i say.

FIRST OF ALL I NEVER PRETENDED I WOULD WANT TO DENY THE RIGHT OF SOMEONE TO BE PAGAN. I'm just explaining MY OWN IDEAS, i have the right to think that paganism is stupid just like any religions

So why not have a leader if you choose to only follow the words of paganism ? Why be free if you're placed under the set of rules of paganism ?

By the way anarchism is the peoples governing themselves, not an absence of organization. Ever heard about the phrase "POWER TO THE PEOPLE ?"

Anarchism is organization. That's exactly what the circled A stands for... (A)NARCHISM IN (O)RDER

Ok so we don't care about what the original anarchists wrote, we don't care about over two centuries of anarchism, JUST HAVE YOUR OWN IDEAS, if you want to be an anarcho-nationalist then you're still a true anarchist, if you want to be an anarcho-ethnocentrist then you're still a true anarchist, if you want to be an anarcho-bolchevik you're still a true anarchist... THANKS RING OF TRUTH FOR LIGHTENING US !

Oh okay i see your point of view, i should stop giving my opinion to get money in return, woah awesome !! YOU'RE A CAPITALIST.

before giving me lessons on insults, start by stopping to insult me.

And by the way when you're donating you're donating for the whole community, not for me or only one member, i thought it was fucking obvious. What do i have to do in this ? I'm just the webmaster. Your logic is disgusting and totally stupid, sounds a lot capitalist to me.

Due respect my ass, the fascist fake anarchist dictator that i am tells you that you can go fuck yourself.

17. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Here is a great essay by another fascist dictator authoritarian anarchist that doesn't believe the sun will rise tomorrow (according to ring of truth)

I guess there is a lot of fascist anarchists because Emma Goldman is far from being the only atheist anarchist.... ATHEISM IN ANARCHISM IS A MAJORITY

The Philosophy of Atheism
    by Emma Goldman

First published in February 1916 in the Mother Earth journal.

To give an adequate exposition of the Philosophy of Atheism, it would be necessary to go into the historical changes of the belief in a Deity, from its earliest beginning to the present day. But that is not within the scope of the present paper. However, it is not out of place to mention, in passing, that the concept God, Supernatural Power, Spirit, Deity, or in whatever other term the essence of Theism may have found expression, has become more indefinite and obscure in the course of time and progress. In other words, the God idea is growing more impersonal and nebulous in- proportion as the human mind is learning to understand natural phenomena and in the degree that science progressively correlates human and social events.

God, today, no longer represents the same forces as in the beginning of His existence; neither does He direct human destiny with the same Iron hand as of yore. Rather does the God idea express a sort of spiritualistic stimalus to satisfy the fads and fancies of every shade of human weakness. In the course of human development the God idea has been forced to adapt itself to every phase of human affairs, which is perfectly consistent with the origin of the idea itself.

The conception of gods originated in fear and curiosity. Primitive man, unable to understand the phenomena of nature and harassed by them, saw in every terrifying manifestation some sinister force expressly directed against him; and as ignorance and fear are the parents of all superstition, the troubled fancy of primitive man wove the God idea.

Very aptly, the world-renowned atheist and anarchist, Michael Bakunin, says in his great work God and the State: "All religions, with their gods, their demi-gods, and their prophets, their messiahs and their saints, were created by the prejudiced fancy of men who had not attained the full development and full possession of their faculties. Consequently, the religious heaven is nothing but the mirage in which man, exalted by ignorance and faith, discovered his own image, but enlarged and reversed -- that is divinised. The history of religions, of the birth, grandeur, and the decline of the gods who had succeeded one another in human belief, is nothing, therefore, but the development of the collective intelligence and conscience of mankind. As fast as they discovered, in the course of their historically progressive advance, either in themselves or in external nature, a quality, or even any great defect whatever, they attributed it to their gods, after having exaggerated and enlarged it beyond measure, after the manner of children, by an act of their religious fancy. . . . With all due respect, then, to the metaphysicians and religious idealists, philosophers, politicians or poets: the idea of God implies the abdication of human reason and justice; it is the most decisive negation of human liberty, and necessarily ends in the enslavement of mankind, both in theory and practice."

Thus the God idea, revived, readjusted, and enlarged or narrowed, according to the necessity of the time, has dominated humanity and will continue to do so until man will raise his head to the sunlit day, unafraid and with an awakened will to himself. In proportion as man learns to realize himself and mold his own destiny theism becomes superfluous. How far man will be able to find his relation to his fellows will depend entirely upon how much he can outgrow his dependence upon God.

Already there are indications that theism, which is the theory of speculation, is being replaced by Atheism, the science of demonstration; the one hangs in the metaphysical clouds of the Beyond, while the other has its roots firmly in the soil. It is the earth, not heaven, which man must rescue if he is truly to be saved.

The decline of theism is a most interesting spectacle, especially as manifested in the anxiety of the theists, whatever their particular brand. They realize, much to their distress, that the masses are growing daily more atheistic, more anti-religious; that they are quite willing to leave the Great Beyond and its heavenly domain to the angels and sparrows; because more and more the masses are becoming engrossed in the problems of their immediate existence.

How to bring the masses back to the God idea, the spirit, the First Cause, etc. - that is the most pressing question to all theists. Metaphysical as all these questions seem to be, they yet have a very marked physical background. Inasmuch as religion, "Divine Truth," rewards and punishments are the trade-marks of the largest, the most corrupt and pernicious, the most powerful and lucrative industry in the world, not excepting the industry of manufacturing guns and munitions. It is the industry of befogging the human mind and stifling the human heart. Necessity knows no law; hence the majority of theists are compelled to take up every subject, even if it has no bearing upon a deity or revelation or the Great Beyond. Perhaps they sense the fact that humanity is growing weary of the hundred and one brands of God.

How to raise this dead level of theistic belief is really a matter of life and death for all denominations. Therefore their tolerance; but it is a tolerance not of understanding; but of weakness. Perhaps that explains the efforts fostered in all religious publications to combine variegated religious philosophies and conflicting theistic theories into one denominational trust. More and more, the various concepts "of the only tree God, the only pure spirit, -- the only true religion" are tolerantly glossed over in the frantic effort to establish a common ground to rescue the modern mass from the "pernicious" influence of atheistic ideas.

It is characteristic of theistic "tolerance" that no one really cares what the people believe in, just so they believe or pretend to believe. To accomplish this end, the crudest and vulgarest methods are being used. Religious endeavor meetings and revivals with Billy Sunday as their champion -methods which must outrage every refined sense, and which in their effect upon the ignorant and curious often tend to create a mild state of insanity not infrequently coupled with eroto-mania. All these frantic efforts find approval and support from the earthly powers; from the Russian despot to the American President; from Rockefeller and Wanamaker down to the pettiest business man. They blow that capital invested in Billy Sunday, the Y.M.C.A., Christian Science, and various other religious institutions will return enormous profits from the subdued, tamed, and dull masses.

Consciously or unconsciously, most theists see in gods and devils, heaven and hell; reward and punishnient, a whip to lash the people into obedience, meekness and contentment. The truth is that theism would have lost its foeting long before this but for the combined support of Mammon and power. How thoroughly banlrupt it really is, is being demonstrated in the trenches and battlefields of Europe today.

Have not all theists painted their Deity as the god of love and goodness? Yet after thousands of years of such preachments the gods remain deaf to the agony of the human race. Confucius cares not for the poverty, squalor and misery of people of China. Buddha remains undisturbed in his philosophical indifference to the famine and starvation of outraged Hindoos; Jahve continues deaf to the bitter cry of Israel; while Jesus refuses to rise from the dead against his Christians who are butchering each other.

The burden of all song and praise "unto the Highest" has been that God stands for justice and mercy. Yet injustice among men is ever on the increase; the outrages committed against the masses in this country alone would seem enough to overflow the very heavens. But where are the gods to make an end to all these horrors, these wrongs, this inhumanity to man? No, not the gods, but MAN must rise in his mighty wrath. He, deceived by all the deities, betrayed by their emissaries, he, himself, must undertake to usher in justice upon the earth.

The philosophy of Atheism expresses the expansion and growth of the human mind. The philosophy of theism, if we can call it philosophy, is static and fixed. Even the mere attempt to pierce these mysteries represents, from the theistic point of view, non-belief in the all-embracing omnipotence, and even a denial of the wisdom of the divine powers outside of man. Fortunately, however, the human mind never was, and never can be, bound by fixities. Hence it is forging ahead in its restless march towards knowledge and life. The human mind is realizing "that the universe is not the result of a creative fiat by some divine intelligence, out of nothing, producing a masterpiece chaotic in perfect operation," but that it is the product of chaotic forces operating through aeons of time, of clashes and cataclysms, of repulsion and attraction crystalizing through the principle of selection into what the theists call, "the universe guided into order and beauty." As Joseph McCabe well points out in his Existence ot God: "a law of nature is not a formula drawn up by a legislator, but a mere summary of the observed facts -- a 'bundle of facts.' Things do not act in a particular way because there is a law, but we state the 'law' because they act in that way."

The philosophy of Atheism represents a concept of life without any metaphysical Beyond or Divine Regulator. It is the concept of an actual, real world with its liberating, expanding and beautifying possibilities, as against an unreal world, which, with its spirits, oracles, and mean contentment has kept humanity in helpless degradation.

It may seem a wild paradox, and yet it is pathetically true, that this real, visible world and our life should have been so long under the influence of metaphysical speculation, rather than of physical demonstrable forces. Under the lash of the theistic idea, this earth has served no other purpose than as a temporary station to test man's capacity for immolation to the will of God. But the moment man attempted to ascertain the nature of that will, he was told that it was utterly futile for "finite human intelligence" to get beyond the all-powerful infinite will. Under the terrific weight of this omnipotence, man has been bowed into the dust -- a willless creature, broken and sweating in the dark. The triumph of the philosophy of Atheism is to free man from the nightmare of gods; it means the dissolution of the phantoms of the beyond. Again and again the light of reason has dispelled the theistic nightmare, but poverty, misery and fear have recreated the phantoms -- though whether old or new, whatever their external form, they differed little in their essence. Atheism, on the other hand, in its philosophic aspect refuses allegiance not merely to a definite concept of God, but it refuses all servitude to the God idea, and opposes the theistic principle as such. Gods in their individual function are not half as pernicious as the principle of theism which represents the belief in a supernatural, or even omnipotent, power to rule the earth and man upon it. It is the absolutism of theism, its pernicious influence upon humanity, its paralyzing effect upon thought and action, which Atheism is fighting with all its power.

The philosophy of Atheism has its root in the earth, in this life; its aim is the emancipation of the human race from all God-heads, be they Judaic, Christian, Mohammedan, Buddhistic, Brahministic, or what not. Mankind has been punished long and heavily for having created its gods; nothing but pain and persecution have been man's lot since gods began. There is but one way out of this blunder: Man must break his fetters which have chained him to the gates of heaven and hell, so that he can begin to fashion out of his reawakened and illumined consciousness a new world upon earth.

Only after the triumph of the Atheistic philosophy in the minds and hearts of man will freedom and beauty be realized. Beauty as a gift from heaven has proved useless. It will, however, become the essence and impetus of life when man learns to see in the earth the only heaven fit for man. Atheism is already helping to free man from his dependence upon punishment and reward as the heavenly bargain- counter for the poor in spirit.

Do not all theists insist that there can be no morality, no justice, honesty or fidelity without the belief in a Divine Power? Based upon fear and hope, such morality has always been a vile product, imbued partiy with self- righteousness, partly with hypocrisy. As to truth, justice, and fidelity, who have been their brave exponents and daring proclaimers? Nearly always the godless ones: the Atheists; they lived, fought, and died for them. They knew that justice, truth, and fidelity are not, conditioned in heaven, but that they are related to and interwoven with the tremendous changes going on in the social and material life of the human race; not fixed and eternal, but fluctuating, even as life itself. To what heights the philosophy of Atheism may yet attain, no one can prophesy. But this much can already be predicted: only by its regenerating fire will human relations be purged from the horrors of the past

Thoughtful people are beginning to realize that moral precepts, imposed upon humanity through religious terror, have become stereotyped and have therefore lost all vitality. A glance at life today, at its disintegrating character, its conflicting interests with their hatreds, crimes, and greed, suffices to prove the sterility of theistic morality.

Man must get back to himself before he can learn his relation to his fellows. Prometheus chained to the Rock of Ages is doomed to remain the prey of the vultures of darkness. Unbind Prometheus, and you dispel the night and its horrors.

Atheism in its negation of gods is at the same time the strongest affirmation of man, and through man, the eternal yea to life, purpose, and beauty.

18. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    Even the famous SEBASTIEN FAURE who wrote the Anarchist Encyclopedia featuring all of the most famous theoricians and activist of anarchism had an article against paganism inside the encyclopedia. Unfortunatly i coudln't find an english version of it and i don't have the time to translate it for a bunch of ignorant fools who will pretend me and Sebastien Faure are fascists. But if you can find it in english it's a great read.

19. ungovernable

Aug 21, 2009
    Male
    Canada  Canada
    so if anarchism have absolutly no rules please tell me if you agree or not that

an anarchist can be an anarchist even if he's not anti-capitalist ??
    an anarchist can be an anarchist even if he's not against nazism ?????
    an anarchist can be an anarchist even if he's not anti-state ??
    an anarchist can be an anarchist even if he's not against government ????

basically there is no such thing as a "fake anarchist".... anarcho-nationalists, anarcho-ethnocentrists, anarcho-sionists, anarcho-capitalists and other idiots are our comrades ????

ANARCHISM DOESN'T HAVE RULES BUT ANARCHISTS HAVE SOME PRINCIPLES. IT'S CALLED "THE ANARCHIST ETHICS" AND "THE ANARCHIST MORAL" STOP BEING IGNORANTS AND START BY READING PETR KROPOTKIN'S BOOKS ON THE SUBJECT. Anarchism ethics and moral exists since 200 years, it's not like i just invented something new.

20. colton_and

colton_and Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 24, 2010

ungovoernable is all you do is critisize other people? every comment i see you post it seems like it, just cause everyone is evactly like you doesnt mean you gotta bash them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.