Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

rar downloads

Discussion in 'Music, punk scene & subcultures' started by fcuk_the_police, May 14, 2010.

1. fcuk_the_police

fcuk_the_police New Member New Member

May 14, 2010

why is every file now an rar file, how in the hell do i convert that into mp3 file?

2. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

You need to unzip the file. Rar files are basically a container used to compact songs together, which means a smaller file size to download. Right Click the file you downloaded (the rar file) and click the option 'Unzip" or 'Extract'. This should release all the songs you downloaded in the same folder as the rar file.

Hopefully that made sense, I am not a very good explainer. If you have any troubles just ask and I will try to help.

Edit: Forgot to mention, if you don't have a program called winRAR, you will probably have trouble unzipping it.

http://www.win-rar.com/download.html

There is a link to the site you can download it from, if you just have a standard windows XP system, just click the 32 bit download.

Once you have installed it, you should get a pop up from time to time saying do you want to buy this program or still use the trial, just use the trial. Don't pay for it lol (obvious but meh)

3. fcuk_the_police

fcuk_the_police New Member New Member

May 14, 2010

i got it thank you very much!

4. pezPwnage

pezPwnage Active Member Forum Member

Apr 25, 2010

what about macs? is there any way to do it with one?

5. Protspecd

Protspecd Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 3, 2010

I don't use a mac, but I found this name came up a lot when I searched your issue

http://mac.softpedia.com/get/Compressio ... nder.shtml

6. pezPwnage

pezPwnage Active Member Forum Member

Apr 25, 2010

thanks alot Protspecd :) it works now

7. CrustyElmo666

CrustyElmo666 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Oct 12, 2009

never been a huge fan and i'll ontinue to post in zip, but UnRarX is a free one that is easy enough to use for macs.