Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Questions for racism.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by trevor9849, Aug 28, 2011.

1. CrustCat

CrustCat Active Member Forum Member

Nov 12, 2012

People don't realize that free speech does not equal being able to enter any environment and spew verbal shit, whether it's over the internet or in face to face situation. You do have free speech, but if the speech you want to give is about racial slurs than the environment you are looking for is Stormfront's forum or your local Neo-Nazi meeting. Not here.
    The people that run this site can edit/delete posts that are disgusting. Just like you are allowed to kick someone out of your home if they start making fun of your mom, because "It's a free country" doesn't give you a right to use language that is meant to hurt and oppress.
    Oh, and I'm a minority and I appreciate butcher's action. Here is a <3 for him/her. Fuck people that try to ignore/tolerate bullshit, so many people witness racism but let it go and play to role of a oblivious bystander. This is an example of someone being an ally and showing they want to stand by me.

2. nclpw

nclpw Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

May 25, 2012

Indeed!

3. Nihilist84

Nihilist84 Active Member Forum Member

Apr 14, 2011

I used to hate white people but then i realized that not all of them are aholes and act mighty and superior (although every race has those types i think)
    and i used to have a distrust of black people cuz i grew up with my old school grandparents and they sort of indoctrinated me into believing they'r bullshit ( quidado con los negros son malos ) < :ecouteurs:
    personally i dont like the term free speech cuz its too general i have no other term maybe "just speech" but idk just a thought

4. nclpw

May 25, 2012

No, you're on to something, maybe it should be redefined!

5. zakkman666

zakkman666 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 20, 2012

I've always said if your speech threatens the freedom of others, it's not covered under free speech.

6. nclpw

May 25, 2012

True! But like all good things it gets twisted and misinterpreted to fit their views.

7. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

Unfortunately that is the case alot of the time. I once had some kid try to convince me that "white pride isn't racism, it's being proud of who you are" I told him that you should be proud of what you do as a person and not something that you can't control, haven't heard from him since.

8. nclpw

May 25, 2012

9. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

Exactly like that.

10. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

Have you ever seen the KKK/neo-nazis on Jerry Srpinger? It's really good for a laugh if you can understand them through their southern accents (no offense to anyone from the southern united states)

11. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Hahah, yeah, I think I've come by some videos on youtube(also early Oprah). Its ridiculous, makes you wonder why people even try to have an open dialogue with them. Talking to them only makes them angrier and louder.

12. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

I know, it's ridiculous, have you seen the video where a nazi skinhead breaks Geraldo Rivera's nose on TV? I don't even know how people get some of the ideas those nazi idiots preach.

13. nclpw

May 25, 2012

Haha! NO, I have to see that! Well, they drag most of their "facts" out of their asses. I'm pretty sure the forums on stormfront are really amusing too. Ah, boneheads..

14. zakkman666

Sep 20, 2012

Boneheads annoy the hell out of me. I once met one, he had a zippo with the SS logo on it (my friend who was bumming a light from him actually said "there is no way I'm using that")

15. vegan kid

vegan kid Member Forum Member

Dec 12, 2012

I used to be in the camp of tolerating hate speech, and I would've argued that once you take away someone's right to speak, you destroy the precedent and therefore threaten everyone else's right to speak. My justification was that whatever speech falls under "dangerous," "hateful," or "radical" is open to interpretation. While that has some truth to it, I've distanced myself from this stance. This is where Aus-Rotten's song 'Fuck Nazi Sympathy' gave me a fucking epiphany.

Nazis want to abolish free speech for those that disagree with them, so the way I see it now is stopping them from assembling is indirectly protecting free speech. Not that you can depend on the police to stop them, but I once saw a youtube video of some KKK asshole with a loudspeaker saying how he hated black people and cops, while at the same time there was a line of cops standing in between him and what looked like at least a couple hundred angry counter-protesters. :lmao: I say whether or not nazis/kkk should be allowed to assemble and preach their bullshit should be up to the people of that town, not the police.