Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punks at work

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by punkmar77, Dec 18, 2009.

1. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Yeah, Fuck Karl.

2. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

I don't have a Karl, I've got a Geoff. Wake up Geoff!!

3. Bunny

Bunny Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 13, 2010

I get to work (volunteer) on a community farm half the time ( i teach kids how to farm and why sustainability is important), its fun, i get to be outside, and at the end of the day i know i did something worth while.
    My job is working at a bath/cosmetics store. It is full of annoying coworker; however they are not always good smart people. My karl is named hannah and she is a dick as well, so i know the feeling.

4. butcher

butcher Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

thank you for making my morning just that little bit brighter :D

5. nodz

nodz Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 4, 2010

S'Alright. no problems, I try!

6. Sweep

Sweep Member New Member

Jun 11, 2010

I work with kids who suffer from Autism and Downs Syndrome. I don't think I could live with myself if I worked in an office or a shop (unless it was an awesome small shop of course) or something. Besides my job lets me look how I want. It's a pretty sweet gig.

7. deadsmart

deadsmart Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 19, 2009

Some of you sound like you've got some cool jobs (helping people, etc).
    I'm a cook but i get a decent wage.
    Atleast one that i feel is fair for the amount of work I actually have to do haha. It's a damn slow restraunt.

A LOT of idiots and ignorant assholes coming through here but part of the reason I've stayed is because they brought in "contract" workers (a few guys from the philipines), so I've been helping them out, making sure they're not taken advantage of and all that bullshit.
    They're literally working to stay in canada (which is stupid that they have to do that) so I am enjoying helping them out.

The "food-service" industry is an insanely wasteful one so I've been trying to change the way shit is done at my restaurant (recycling, less packaging, etc)

8. Dogma264

Dogma264 Active Member Forum Member

Jun 29, 2010

Whats Your Job?

Well hi, ive been living off money i made years ago for about a few months but its running thin, and im wondering what is a job you would get to be sustainable (not starving and not living on the streets) I dont wanna work in Wal mart, i dont wanna work in a slaughter house, and i dont wanna support a multi million dollar death corperation

So i ask what do you do for cash?

9. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    merged your topic Dogma........

53rd & 3rd :ecouteurs:

10. JesusCrust

JesusCrust Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Apr 17, 2010

Standin on the street...

11. persona-non-grata

persona-non-grata Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 9, 2010

I do volunteers work as a scouts leader i've been a scout since i was 6 years old and i love to work with the kids in that group they're 7 to 11 years of age and all boys seems like they all have ADHD and sometimes they can really get on yr nerves :p

i'm also in school learning for social worker and i have to go to internship for that (i'm there right now but i have nothing to do so i can post here) there i also work with children and organize activities for them witch is fun to do and i can teach them a little to (not to much about anarchism or i'll be in trouble)

and then the only job that i get payed to do and i am really ashamed to work here.....
    mc donalds :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:
    but i have been wanting to ask about this because i found the site of the Mc donalds Workers Resistance but heard from a friend they do not exist anymore
    but anyway the job sucks i'm sick every time i get home from work and it pays shit. but it pays me enough to get me beer every week and go to the occasional gig plus buying other stuff i need fortunately i still live with my parents and they get me food and a place to sleep :ecouteurs: but while i'm working for the evil clown i'm looking for something else but no one will hire me because of the way i look (and to think for a job interview i dress nicely and cleverly disguise my mohawk) or they won't hire me because i can't work full time :/ but yhe until then i'll have to continue bieng a sellout to get by :ecouteurs:

12. vAsSiLy77

vAsSiLy77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Jun 21, 2010

I was studying social work in my now long gone past too, but got frustrated with working under the limitations of the state (no politics in youth work, except teachings how-to-be-an-upright-citizen ect.) so I became a printer later, because I had the chance to do book-printing, which wasn't that bad at all.
    We had a student-job board when I was attending the school, jobs from waiting tables at bars, babysitting, helping with personal transport for disabled persons, helping out in eco- and other alternative shops, helping out at appartment moving - ok, it depends on where you live and how dense the structures are - berlin was great at the time...
    Guess you'll have to run off your boots to find an alternative to the evil clown, maybe google for an university-students-job-service on the net, some of the unemployed punks around here use it to get a little extra money, the spectrum of jobs offered is wide, sometimes you have to be very mobile or you need a drivers licence - if you got one: These jobs are the best payed you can dream of... Good luck for your search!
    Yes, fucking problem, my favorite would-be-boss still considers if he can take two of "those" in his buisness on the brink of going bust - he went ill in summer and may loose everything, but still is that picky...

13. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

thanks for the tips i don't have a drivers license yet but i am working on it :p so i will look if they have that kinda stuff here in holland

14. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

:o :'( :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

15. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

yha i know right :o but if you look at the comment right after mine that is someone that actually helps me by giving advise about getting another job although other people won't hire me for how i look you're just bitching on me for working there just like you do with most people right just bitching no advise well you know what you bitching on me for working at mc donalds isn't gonna make any changes at least i rip the fuckers off while i'm working there so there you go my working at mc donalds achieved more in fucking them over then you bitching about it :ecouteurs:

16. coponfiredub

coponfiredub Member Forum Member

Oct 14, 2010

been working various jobs, but here are some examples that may serve as inspiration: a friend of mine who worked at the postoffice got his hands on a mailing by a national fascist organisation, so that was a treasure of addresses right there...
    another friend worked in consgtruction. ricgh people would suffer some strange phenomena in their houses/buildings later in, like a fashion designer cutting back on safety on his site, latyer found psiss coming out of the ceiling on his expensive worktable. as well the alarm was set off by this and chased all his clients away from the fancy shop he worked behind. You're never totally powerless. people with little income got decent repairs with good recycling of con,struct materials.
    apart from that: any spare time is good to grow your own veg, to learn basic skills instead of going to work shit-jobs that learn you nothing but leave you unempowered when the production line is cut...

17. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

the word "bichin'" is very popular word on this forum i see. I wasnt "bitching" i just "said" its not the best place to work. I can give you an advice, but i think you probbably thought of that before.
    like, work for yourselve, help neighburs, try to find someone to live with.
    Ok this is going to sound stupid, but, try to look "normal". you will be more accepted. yeah i know, we are against being discriminated becouse of looks, but..I dont know.

18. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

now that's a piece of advise i can work with thanks for that but for me trying o look normal is in a way giving in and i like to look the way i do but thanks anyway and all my nieghbours hate me because they are really religious and well lets not state the obvious i am planning on designing my own shirts and selling them but i need to figure out a good way to do that first :D :ecouteurs:

19. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States
    I can't believe i actually agree with you, but i do on this one. I think most 'punks' play the discrimination card because they don't really want to work anyways. Pride is shit, and it's not that hard to make yourself look decent if you really want a job. I can't say i blame companies for not wanting to hire someone who's gonna show up with a spiked mohawk or smell like they haven't showered ever, someone who is going to be a distraction. Yeah it sucks but unless we destroy capitalism it's reality.

20. persona-non-grata

Mar 9, 2010

hold on there just a minute like i said in my first post for job interviews i dress nicely and hide my hawk when i go to work a job interview or my internship i do exactly that and i only look like a 'punk' on school and in the bar (witch is still most of the time :p) i can see your point but i hope you were not pointing that out to me cuz i already know :ecouteurs: