Welcome to Anarcho-Punk.net community ! Please register or login to participate in the forums.   Ⓐ//Ⓔ

Punks at work

Discussion in 'Anarchism and radical activism' started by punkmar77, Dec 18, 2009.

1. punkmar77

punkmar77 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    Did you skip your Meds today ASA? :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs: :ecouteurs:

2. dwtcos

dwtcos Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 22, 2009

I'm currently a mindless pawn of the public education system. This Summer I'll have my first job though. My uncle may be hooking me up with the renaissance fair or I may be working construction under the same guy who gave my dad his first job. Each should be equally interesting.

3. Rathryn

Rathryn Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 21, 2009

Very insightful response, very eloquently put as well, seems very, very specified to the topic at hand.
    Thank you so much for your insight.
    If people hadn't noticed I'm starting to get annoyed... :ecouteurs:

4. drun-KEE-n

drun-KEE-n Member Forum Member

Feb 5, 2010

huhu, i´m already in the last two month of my study. i´m sociologist - and i´ve got a komplex view of society´s structures and functions. i think that some ideals that no one has to work in any system, equal what kind of, are bit "funny". even in an archaic system you had/have to work - you have to get food, wheat, clothes, houses, tools...and so on - but i don´t want to start a basic-discussion here -

i don´t want to be unemployed. i have a wish in my heart to produce smth. or do smth. effective like helping kids or things like that.
    I´ve apllied for a job as a social worker in a hospital. they search people like me :D to help young people who finished therapies in the psychatric clinic ( don´t know in english), to get "back to life" to help them helping their self in every days things, to help them getting jobs or go back to school, support them when they have to go to institutions and things like that. i hope i´ll get the job.

beside the study i work as a driver. i transfer cars in europe. i have to bring them from a rental station back to that station where these cars belong. i love this job. less money - but i see other countries, meet many people, and can drive around europe ( mostly in amsterdam, paris, brussels, praha, koppenhagen, wroclaw, berlin, munich, hamburg and dresden) and getting money for it.

Cheers

edit: i forgot : i´m editorial staff assistant for the magazine for social education theory. thats a "trainee" job for the best science mentor i´ve ever had

5. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

spammer replies P R, i'm sorry for feelling PUNKS, all i said was NO it was as reasoned as your resposne rathryn waahhh heres another one SHUTUP, stay annoyed, u called me names so :p now theres reason, now u can be god for a day

i worked for kids then realised i was working with the kids that i was sposed to be helping

do whatcha do but realise that it has a cause and effect always and you gotta call the bluff once and just do it, taking language back, mum can i play ps2 now, man making judgements is so net savvy,(taking the piss) RELAX, oh look i can speak english, clever

6. Kobac

Kobac Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 7, 2009
     Denmark
    I m unemployed since 24.8.2009.Like Steve Ignorant said i ain t for swepping factory floors.How do i get by?i do lot of stuff from delivering mail,donating blood(for money of course),helping old ladys cross the street ha ha.when there s a show i used to serve drinks.I used to ask myself how low can a punk get?

7. Unreasonable Man

Unreasonable Man Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2010

I work at the Landmark Theater in San Francisco's Embarcadero Center (the northeast most end of which is the monthly startoff point for critmass). Its a good job, we show indipendant and foreign films. We're also a first run therater so we open a lot of the too so I get to meet directors and writers and the like. We opened The Most Dangerous Man In America and I got to hang out with Daniel Ellsberg for several days which was cool (Danny says look up the Eikenberry leaks) we also host the American Indian film festival, the Italian Cinema fest and the International Animation Fest.

My co-workers are all in the mid 20's to mid 30's bracket so were sans that high school atmosphere that plagues most other theater jobs. Everyones an avid reader and its just as much a politcal idea forum as much as a job. And when we close we put on whatever we want on the work radio and tell anyone who complains "fuck you we're closed". On that note every Wednesday is Chumbawednesday, and yesterdays Grindermonday was instead replaced with Utah Phillips.

It pays decent with SF's higher minimum wage and the managers are all old punks so they actually promote people rather than keep the payroll low with a high turnover rate. And being SF we also get citywide universal healthcare.
    Only downside is that were all Mark Cubans bitch.

8. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    If San Fran were in Southern Cali I would never leave, just can't deal with the winters up there...

9. Bananaman

Bananaman Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Aug 9, 2009

Recently I started selling my homemade seitan. It's make me feel good venture, and I enjoy being my own boss, but financially it's hardly wort the trouble... Would post pics but I tend to work almost nude...

10. Unreasonable Man

Unreasonable Man Active Member Forum Member

Feb 14, 2010

I lived in San Diego for the majority of my life and hated it. Asshole marines, Klan Grand Dragons (ok not everywhere but I lived in Fallbrook) and Minutemen. And those who weren't in those three categories still spent their days bitching about the Mexicans. And anything over 65 degrees and I start sweating, I love the cold up here.

My gf tho is from Chula Vista, originaly from Guadalajara, and can't go outside without wearing as many layers as the little brother from A Christmas Story, "I can't put my arms down!*sob*"

11. punkmar77

Nov 13, 2009
     United States
    hahahaha thats me too, and thats exactly what I mean about switching cities If i could have SF in SD weather it'd be perfect! Was at a demonstration against Monsanto 2 weeks ago and a group of marines took a bunch of our literature and tore it up in shreds then tried to hand it back to me of all people...hahaha ooops...I told them to "shove it up their asses fuckin' chumps" haha the looks on their faces were priceless, they reverted to being little boys that had their candy taken away....

12. NGNM85

NGNM85 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Sep 8, 2009

Eloquent in it's brevity....

13. ASA

ASA Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Nov 2, 2009

touche

14. xOutspokenx

xOutspokenx Active Member Forum Member

Mar 7, 2010

I am afraid I am oone of those scumbags also known as students, but I like it (for some aspects). To be honest, I would like to keep studying to post-graduate level and perhaps try to get into some sort of academic employment. More than anything because I am looking at focusing on political philosophy which I would enjoy greatly, plus I could use it to make the young people I might lecture question many established views and beliefs.

15. nugraha

nugraha Member New Member

Oct 9, 2009

good jobs for anarchist?

hi all,
    i am from indonesia, so pardon me for my poor english.. so what do you all think the best job for anarchist?
    me myself is computer man in one company...

thanks..

16. Bakica

Bakica Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Feb 21, 2010

Re: good jobs for anarchist?

i think theres no "best job" for anarchist. all jobs are needed and anarchist can do all jobs (depands on his education but in theorie he can do all.)

17. Anxiety69

Anxiety69 Experienced Member Uploader Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Male , 46 years old
    Long Beach CA  United States

how about being a farmer who's paid not to grow food? :)

18. rude-boy

rude-boy Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Mar 12, 2010

im a construction worker

19. Milan

Milan Experienced Member Experienced member

Mar 13, 2010

I thought about this as well,
    I tend to have trouble with authority, and I don't think I'm the only one in here :p

I have the oppertunity to go to university,
    first I thought like there'd be no way I'd do so.
    but I think studying Philosophy might be a good idea,
    because I'll get the oppertunity to think and write about idealism.
    So maybe I can find a way to survive within this system, without having to obey some kind of "boss" for the rest of my life...

20. raindeer667

raindeer667 Experienced Member Experienced member Forum Member

Oct 10, 2009

worker owned, co-op style... organic farming, scientist, alternative energy, herbalism... textiles, eco-defender, etc.